Featured Posts

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

Back when Nelly was in full commercial force

The feels :giveup:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She was unstoppable!

It really was so shocking to see her step out as a commercial pop girl :deadbanana:

...and she was so good at it!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

For a little bit....

ReidOne
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

For a little bit....

LMAO yes, it was definitely short-lived!! A very fleeting moment in time in 2006, lol... 

Babel
9 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

It really was so shocking to see her step out as a commercial pop girl :deadbanana:

Well, for me as a fan it was shocking to see her in 2006 stepping into the commercial area, knowing her approach on her 2 prior albums were the complete opposite, specially Folklore. :sweat:

But I get what you mean, she was really good making radio friendly songs with Timbaland's catchy beats. She released almost all the album tracks as singles in different parts of the world, and Loose went 10x platinum. I miss that! 

ReidOne
Just now, HugoMonster said:

Well, for me as a fan it was shocking to see her in 2006 stepping into the commercial area, knowing her approach on her 2 prior albums were complete opposite, specially Folklore. :sweat:

But I get what you mean, she was really good making radio friendly songs with Timbaland's catchy beats. She released almost all the album tracks as singles in different parts of the world, and Loose went 10x platinum. I miss that! 

I was a huge fan of many tracks from 'Folklore' too ("**** on the Radio" was my jam for months before it became a single). 

I was completely shocked (and delighted) when she dropped 'Loose'!! 

I'll never forgive her for not releasing "Glow" as a proper single from Loose :grr:

Babel
14 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

For a little bit....

She wasn't trying anymore, clearly. Releasing an album like The Spirit Indestructible during 2012 when the trend was half ballad driven (Adele/Rihanna) and half EDM (many examples) wasn't the best idea in terms of commercial success. At that point she was just doing what she wanted (with her music).

However, there are really good songs on that album. And I liked the first three singles, but that's just a matter of taste. :spin:

Also, before The Spirit Indestructible there was Mi Plan, the full spanish album released in 2009 that she promoted for 2 years straight, including a Latin American tour (with some dates in US and Canada) so she intentionally killed all the hype following the enormous success of Loose.

Babel
9 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I was a huge fan of many tracks from 'Folklore' too ("**** on the Radio" was my jam for months before it became a single). 

I was completely shocked (and delighted) when she dropped 'Loose'!! 

I'll never forgive her for not releasing "Glow" as a proper single from Loose :grr:

Spoiler

**** on the Radio was from Whoa! Nelly, though. :neyde:

Afraid was good too, there was so much quality pop on that album. But we ended up having SEVEN music videos (when will ARTPOP?).

DiscoHeaven23
6 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

intentionally killed all the hype following the enormous success of Loose.

What was her reasoning behind it?

ReidOne
Just now, HugoMonster said:

Hide contents

**** on the Radio was from Whoa! Nelly, though. :neyde:

I just realized that a couple minutes ago, lol... My bad!! 

I was here for Woah Nelly, not here for Folklore

ReidOne
7 minutes ago, HugoMonster said:

intentionally killed all the hype following the enormous success of Loose.

thoughtful-oprah.gif

ReidOne
1 minute ago, HugoMonster said:

But we ended up having SEVEN music videos (when will ARTPOP?).

tumblr_nip7laqudv1r8jjn6o2_250.gif

Archived