Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favourite VMA performances

Thomas P

Featured Posts

Thomas P

So its that time of year again. My absolute favourite time of year, the VMA season. Once the nominees are released, all I can think of until the show, is the show. The VMAs are my fav award show, because it's the only show where REAL **** happens.

Something that I love to do while waiting is taking a trip down memory lane, and remember all of the performances that I love the most.

So here's my list of fav VMA performances (in order of oldest to most recent):

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

MaryJaneHolland

Madonna \ Christina Aguilera \ Britney Spears - 2003

Lady Gaga - all years, basically :diane:

Bayonetta

Madonnas and Gaga's were amazing, but Britney's 2001 performance is the most iconic and AMAZING. Honestly they're all my favourite, i refuse to decide :fthis:

ReidOne

Literally every one of those are on my list as well!! 

I would add: 

(make sure you wait for "If" in the 2nd half!!)

(PS --- THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME JANET EVER PERFORMED THEIR ICONIC DUET "SCREAM" ON A LIVE STAGE!!!! We had been waiting for this moment forever!! Made it even more poignant that it was happening after Michael was gone)

[and you can't see it in the video but MADONNA DID THE INTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!! VMA'S LIFE RIGHT HERE]

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

(PS --- THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME JANET EVER PERFORMED THEIR ICONIC DUET "SCREAM" ON A LIVE STAGE!!!! We had been waiting for this moment forever!! Made it even more poignant that it was happening after Michael was gone)

[and you can't see it in the video but MADONNA DID THE INTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!! VMA'S LIFE RIGHT HERE]

Please notice how much Beyonce gets her LIFE to this moment @ 1:33!!!!!!

Beyonce is here for this!!!

tumblr_m1vab8ZRui1qgjjxwo2_r1_1280.gif

Thomas P
12 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Literally every one of those are on my list as well!!

I would add:

(make sure you wait for "If" in the 2nd half!!)

The ENTIRE MJ tribute was AAMMAAZZIINNGG!! I cant believe I forgot about it!

RadioIsOurs
35 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

So its that time of year again. My absolute favourite time of year, the VMA season. Once the nominees are released, all I can think of until the show, is the show. The VMAs are my fav award show, because it's the only show where REAL **** happens.

Something that I love to do while waiting is taking a trip down memory lane, and remember all of the performances that I love the most.

So here's my list of fav VMA performances (in order of oldest to most recent):

OMG they are all female performances SEXIST!!!

ReidOne

Janet's 2000's performance of "Doesn't Really Matter" deserves an honorable mention as well... It was overshadowed in pop culture that night by Britney's iconic striptease, but it happened on the same stage. With this song, she was the first artist in history to have a #1 Billboard Hot 100 single in 3 separate decades (until Madonna de-throned this very song 3 weeks later, with "Music," and matched the record). 

But still... pop diva history being served on this stage! 

Thomas P
6 hours ago, RainbowBlonde said:

OMG they are all female performances SEXIST!!!

My friend asked me who my favourite male singer was, and my face went blank. On my phone I only have music by female performers. I didn't even notice it until like a week ago.:toofunny:

RadioIsOurs
16 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

My friend asked me who my favourite male singer was, and my face went blank. On my phone I only have music by female performers. I didn't even notice it until like a week ago.:toofunny:

Gurl you have been missing out on so much stuff...

River

I love Brit, Madge and Gagz.

Beyonce is just a copy paste from her tours......

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived