Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Downfall of Ellie Goulding

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Koreku

On My Mind is an absolute Max Martin BOP. I'm surprised it didn't crack top 10, honestly :diane:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111

I loved Lights and Halcyon.

(Only You is a fire that can't be put out :firega::icega::firega: ).

But then she started going super boring and mainstream and I lost interest in her newer work. She is like Ariana now. It just feels devoid of anything interesting and designed only to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Both Love Me Like You Do and On My Mind are literally just 1 line repeated for 4 minutes. No thanks.

Lord Temptation
37 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I do think we are witnessing a shift in the pop music landscape. I'm not so confident that "everyone" will come out on top, but the time are 'a changin'. 

Yes I feel like 2013-2016 was a distinct era unto itself. It was all about the 90s revival, "OBEY" shirts, wearing your cap backwards, tying your jacket around your waist, wearing all black, the death of 00s indie rock, the peak and decline of EDM (especially dubstep - remember that?) and a massive glut of oversaturated teen pop stars (Ariana, Meghan, Bieber, Zayn, Puth, Selena, Zendaya, Lorde etc)

Goodbye 2013-mid 2016. Everyone except for Gaga played it safe. Easily the most disposable era in pop since the late 1990s.

I look forward to late 2016-2020 and the next decade. A new era awaits.

fede ARTPOP

Her singles of Delirium are basic and cheap, WinnerScream It Out and Holding On For Life are so good tho:giveup:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

ReidOne
7 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

the peak and decline of EDM (especially dubstep - remember that?)

tumblr_m5snerbM4N1r9mp3g.gif

Oh girl, do I remember, lol.... 

uo111

I wouldn't group Lorde and Selena with those other names.

Lorde still hasn't released a second album. Hard to tell how it will do. Her brand and style of music is completely different too.

Selena is set to become a sex icon who can't sing or dance. She is hardly any different from Rihanna. She has been around long enough to know a thing or two about the industry though, so it's not likely she will disappear even if her music sucks.

TEANUS

On My Mind was on track to be a top 10, but, it didn't line up. Something In The Way You Move was very promising on radio but she/ the label killed it with lack of promo/ a real music video

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RadioIsOurs

Everything was fine until the serpent got her...

464403846.jpg

Spoiler

She basically wanted to be the next Taylor Swift and failed...

Anderson123

She has a nice voice when you first listen to some of her songs, but honestly, I have listened to the same 2-3 big songs she has released these last couple of years so much everywhere (Don't even listen to the radio) that I don't even search for more of her stuff.

migamiga

I love a lot of her songs but I've never hated a singer's voice more than I hate her's. No shade, I just really don't like it at all. Sad cause I could really enjoy her music but she sounds like a screeching cat :madge:

I'm not sure if i would call it a downfall. On My Mind was a pretty decent sized hit and SITWYM also seemed to be pretty successful. Army is a bop it's too bad it didn't do well.

Katsuki Bakugo

She lost everything about her that was authentic and good. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

PaperIz

I hated her until this era actually lol. Like I straight up despised her until this album

PaperIz
1 hour ago, Koreku said:

On My Mind is an absolute Max Martin BOP. I'm surprised it didn't crack top 10, honestly :diane:

I'm surprised too! Since I didn't like her I didn't pay attention to the charts but I heard it on the radio all the time and it's so good! I'm shocked lol

Archived