Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Downfall of Ellie Goulding

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Ellie Goulding began a successful music career in England in 2010 with her first Top 10 hit "Starry Eyed" and #1 album Lights

Two years later she became known on a international stage when her song "Lights" lit up the charts in 2012. 

As time went on Ellie continued to climb the UK charts and eventually found a second hit internationally with "Burn" in late 2013/early 2014. (Some could argue that "Anything Could Happen" was an international hit as well).

While on break between her second and third eras, Ellie released the mega hit "Love Me Like You Do", which went #1 in more than 28 countries. (Peaking at #3 in the US).

This song set Ellie Goulding up for having an amazing third era. All signs seem to point that way. 

"On My Mind" was released as a lead and saw an alright amount of success. Perhaps not as much as one would have hoped, but still a hit. 

But after that single, the era fell apart. 

And Ellie has since said that she will be taking a break from music. 

If you asked me a year ago, I would've said at this moment in time Ellie would've been one of the major pop girls due to a highly successful era, that would still be going on. Perhaps on her 4th or 5th single by now. 

So what happened? Are you surprised by how things developed?

tumblr_myu9hyWytJ1s9my08o1_500.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO she was a huge sellout right after Burn came out, she became conventionally pretty & stopped being conceptual :( I liked her better when she was a flop :(

She'll always kinda be around though I just think she needs to go back to her roots

ComeToMama

The delirium era was a mess. Poor single choices and awful music videos. Army is a terrible knockoff of LMLYD, and a stupid tour music video for SITWYM really hindered the single, which sucks cause radio loved that song. And the whole re release of the album so quickly on itunes was just, no. 

I like ellie though, hope the next album does better. 

ReidOne

I was never here for her, tbh. And she is a favorite of MY favorite, Calvin Harris. But I just couldn't deal with her voice. It grates. 

Overall, her songs just don't do it for me. The only Ellie song I will stan for is the Tiesto remix of "Burn". 

DiscoHeaven23
4 minutes ago, BabyDory said:

The delirium era was a mess. Poor single choices and awful music videos. Army is a terrible knockoff of LMLYD, and a stupid tour music video for SITWYM really hindered the single, which sucks cause radio loved that song. And the whole re release of the album so quickly on itunes was just, no. 

I like ellie though, hope the next album does better. 

I seriously didn't even know there was a re-release

Lord Temptation

Everyone who was big in 2013 is now flopping. Everyone who flopped in 2013 is now going to be BIGGER THAN BIG. Talk about a reverse Waholian expedition :usrs: ARTPOP's revenge continues unabated.

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Everyone who was big in 2013 is now flopping. Everyone who flopped in 2013 is now going to be BIGGER THAN BIG. Talk about a reverse Waholian expedition :usrs: ARTPOP's revenge continues unabated.

so true

ReidOne
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

I do think we are witnessing a shift in the pop music landscape. I'm not so confident that "everyone" will come out on top, but the time are 'a changin'. 

Pablo

I forgot about her :rip:  I did like the singles from the newest album though

Don't visit my profile

Gaga Monster

She just went on an arena tour, this isnt a downfall

GGD Presidential Elections

jinko

Pop is not her forte :( I loved when she was doing experimental house folk shiz (or whatever). Delirium didn't feel authentic for me, unlike her previous works. But still, being the good stan that I am, I still listen to it and bang to Aftertaste

FrankGutz

17 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE said:

IMO she was a huge sellout right after Burn came out, she became conventionally pretty & stopped being conceptual :( I liked her better when she was a flop :(

She'll always kinda be around though I just think she needs to go back to her roots

basically this, i use to love her so much too, tho, i kinda liked it On my mind, i adore her video for that song

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived