Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

boysboysboys

I did not say it's better, but I think most people would agree that instrumentation with acoustics will age better than synths.

I agree!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Klou

But the "rock generation" aka boomers will age too.

I listened to classic rock radio for years, but found post-grunge rock getting really boring. Synths are one way of introducing more interesting sounds.

It completely depends on the synths. Like the electronic bells in MTN will probably age well, but I wouldn't imagine a lot of the synths in Scheisse will age as well. I'm not saying that synths will never age well, but in general I don't think most will. With acoustics you have a better guarantee a song standing the test of time. Pianos and guitars haven't gone out of style in centuries. I doubt they will in 20 years. Edited by Klou

It completely depends on the synths. Like the electronic bells in MTN will probably age well, but I wouldn't imagine a lot of the synths in Scheisse will age as well. I'm not saying that synths will never age well, but in general I don't think most will. With acoustics you have a better guarantee a song standing the test of time. Pianos and guitars haven't gone out of style in centuries. I doubt they will in 20 years.

Idk, sometimes synths do things acoustics can't. Like the 90s were all about that house synth sound (sometimes). Vogue, the fresh way the synthesized violin was used, it was magically, synths used the right way are so memorable. Just Dance for example, the synth riff is unforgettable. In 10/20 years when people hear the first 4 seconds of Just Dance they will automatically know that's the beginning of Lady Gaga. But other synthy songs can sound cheap and forgettable. See: Radar by Britney. No shade though.

tumblr_m474jbgTKh1qb82bj.gif

That gif <3 :teehee:

Ozzy8923

Idk, sometimes synths do things acoustics can't. Like the 90s were all about that house synth sound (sometimes). Vogue, the fresh way the synthesized violin was used, it was magically, synths used the right way are so memorable. Just Dance for example, the synth riff is unforgettable. In 10/20 years when people hear the first 4 seconds of Just Dance they will automatically know that's the beginning of Lady Gaga. But other synthy songs can sound cheap and forgettable. See: Radar by Britney. No shade though.

That gif <3 :teehee:

It cracks me up every time. Bitch needs to have a bob cut just saying.

It cracks me up every time. Bitch needs to have a bob cut just saying.

yazz grl yazz. I am a Brit 2006/2007 stan. :legend: Though in a charts point of view, it was messy.

had to relate it to the charts so we wouldn't go off topic.

:teehee:

Valentino

I actually hope Gaga goes a more hip-hop/pop mix with her next album but with a dance twist. I would love to see how she would blend all these different genres.

Hip-hop/pop/dance? :usrs:

sajyc.gif

La Rosalia

Is it true that Jlo is leaving Idol?

I think so, she said that on Ellen

Valentino

:rofl:

lol Have you seen the original video for that gif? XD

75. Guardian - Alanis Morissette

May 17, 2012 1:31 PM

Guardian by Alanis Morissette from the album Guardian - Single

:fail:

lol Have you seen the original video for that gif? XD

75. Guardian - Alanis Morissette

May 17, 2012 1:31 PM

Guardian by Alanis Morissette from the album Guardian - Single

:fail:

Yes lol. My brother and I quote from it all the time. "OH LAWRD JESUZ ITS A FAHRR!"

Valentino

Yes lol. My brother and I quote from it all the time. "OH LAWRD JESUZ ITS A FAHRR!"

lol It's CLASSIC! XD

Oh were you added to that site that shall not be named? :hor:

lol It's CLASSIC! XD

Oh were you added to that site that shall not be named? :hor:

Yes, I was, Tino. :yes: