Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Thank god for ARTPOP

Impostor

Featured Posts

Impostor
3 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

I'm talking about actual facts that did happen in the past, not pure assumptions that I took out of nowhere.

Well, I'm also talking about facts that happened in the past. Since ARTPOP Gaga and her team apparently learned how to manage her career. Cheek to Cheek was undeniably succesful for a jazz album. Til it happens to you gave her an Academy nomination and her work on AHS gave her a Golden Globe. It looks like she has control.

The Child

Britney's team & label have always controlled her and it goes way back in the day. For example, Britney (the album) in 2001 was all done until the label thought it was better to put all the songs from Crossroads in it instead of making a separate soundtrack.

Then in late 2004, she started working on an album called Original Doll but the label scrapped it.

Then in 2007, Britney shot Gimme More with a really interesting plot but her label disagreed and only agreed to keep the pole dance shots.

In 2011, Femme Fatale was supposed to be a urban album with songs produced by Darkchild and Danja but her label gave all the control to Dr.Puke & Max Martin.

In 2013, same thing for Britney Jean, it was supposed to be personal & urban and all but her label gave all the power to Will.I.****. Perfume was the second single and the music video was just a disaster.

In 2016, same thing with Make Me music video.

I totally understand why Britney is tired of fighting against her label who is forcing her to be over sexualized while she doesn't want. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Jenniferella
1 minute ago, Naomi said:

Well, I'm also talking about facts that happened in the past. Since ARTPOP Gaga and her team apparently learned how to manage her career. Cheek to Cheek was undeniably succesful for a jazz album. Til it happens to you gave her an Academy nomination and her work on AHS gave her a Golden Globe. It looks like she has control.

ARTPOP was an utter mess, they definitely didn't do anything right in terms of promotion imo. It started with the infamous "911 pop emergency" (lol) and ended up flat on the ground with the GUY video. Cheek to Cheek was not managed by Gaga's team. I don't know about TIHTY but let's be honest here, it's not even her song and has nothing Gaga to it. There is no need for freedom when you release safe music (jazz/pop ballad). I don't get the link between her nominations/awards and the fact that she seems to be in control ?

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

NewYorkCity

This also happened to Born This Way.

everyone said how over produced It was, how the era was messy ( :toofunny: ), the promotion was bad, etc etc 

And look at it now. 

Impostor
6 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

This also happened to Born This Way.

everyone said how over produced It was, how the era was messy ( :toofunny: ), the promotion was bad, etc etc 

And look at it now. 

I don't think it's the same thing. Born This Way was basically pushed till she couldn't do it anymore, while ARTPOP was just scrapped before it even really started. Yes, I know how the fans were waiting for ARTPOP like it meant the salvation of pop, but after ARTPOP Gaga actually took a different path.

donutellha

The impact of ARTPOP!

I feel terrible for Britney not having control of her own career though!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

NewYorkCity
1 hour ago, Naomi said:

I don't think it's the same thing. Born This Way was basically pushed till she couldn't do it anymore, while ARTPOP was just scrapped before it even really started. Yes, I know how the fans were waiting for ARTPOP like it meant the salvation of pop, but after ARTPOP Gaga actually took a different path.

Still, until ARTPOP happened a lot of fans were saying that BTW era was a mess.

Lextyr97
2 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Truly her ARTPOP meant anything-a. :koons:

LMFAO "anything-a." I thought I was the only one that emphasizes that part.

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, Varo Yan said:

ARTPOP is the best electro-dance-pop album ever!

christina-aguilera-unveils-bionic-album-

Guest ARTPOPSlays
2 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Years from now, we will look back on ARTPOP and see the good things it has done, and the upstream current it had to face.

It will be iconic as the turning point of her career to greatness.

It will be iconic to her hardcore fans while still considered trash by her haters and the most casual of fans.

It will both be considered the lowest point in her career AND an underrated gem.

Truly her ARTPOP meant anything-a. :koons:

What you wrote is so true! It makes so much sense and I will forever be thankful for this album. GIF-Britney-Spears-cry-crying-emotional-

It was one of my favorite eras because it showed how strong Gaga really is, and she fought through it. If anything, I applaud her for sticking through the tough times in her career. :wub:

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

christina-aguilera-unveils-bionic-album-

I've heard the whole album about 5 times. I love Desnudate, Elastic Love, Not Myself and Birds of Prey but I'm gonna have to say

giphy.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, A Gaga Lad said:

I've heard the whole album about 5 times. I love Desnudate, Elastic Love, Not Myself and Birds of Prey but I'm gonna have to say

giphy.gif

listen it more, it's a grower :hor:

Archived