💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would the Madonna comparisons have been as pronounced if...

15jocart

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Bellatrix said:

Exactly! Interslay rooted for DITD while the Gaga lady did not :grr:

After all these years, Im Still mad about DITD  :fthis:

Lord Temptation
56 minutes ago, Nono said:

Where did she say she wanted MTN for the lead? Lets not always blame interscope for everything bad, sometimes its her own damn fault...

Um Gaga said it herself in an interview with Billboard, I thought all Monsters knew :

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/472976/lady-gaga-born-this-way-cover-story

LanasNerfGun

Madonna knew exactly what she was doing.  She wouldn't have shaded Gaga unless she saw her as a contemporary and as a threat to her. :reductive:

Killa
2 hours ago, Bebe said:

I think the Steven Klein directed Alejandro that came before and Judas that came after also fueled the comparisons.  The religious imagery was a throwback to Madonna.

I don't see the comparisons as such a bad thing though tbh, it's not a terrible thing to be compared to Madonna. I think she has truly managed to shake those comparisons by now though, after C2C both Oscar performances and the Super Bowl performance it's hard to link her to Madonna who was never known as that sort of vocalist.

In all honesty the New Madonna thing helped a lot. Sure Gaga/Troy took advantage of that fact. She was the new girl with a lot going on but keeping things simple is lot easier to sell. Making her the New Madonna makes things go lot smoother

DeanWinchester

I know a lot of monsters here think being branded as the new Madonna is a bad thing because they proclaim Gaga isn't limited to pop, which is true, but being attached to Madonna has its merits nonetheless. Anybody looking up to Madonna or researching her legacy is bound to find Gaga and be exposed to her music, vice versa.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

kaojen

It always interested me because BTW and EY had similar chord progressions but BTW followed the chord progressions on the down beat sp it took me a while top find the similarity.

If you have learned piano, song writing,or music theory you would understand that most pop music follows similar patterns and chord sequences. 

If someone wants to have marketable music it is essential to have music not only pleasing to the ear but also to the brain. Hardly any music is 100% original as there are only so many patterns in the universe.

But I concur. Yes, I think there would be few of any comparisons of the song was hidden away in the album.

DeanWinchester
29 minutes ago, kaojen said:

It always interested me because BTW and EY had similar chord progressions

I remember when I had my musically literate and casual Gaga fan best friend hear EY for the first time, the first thing he told me was that it has the exact same chord progression as BTW. Being the musically illiterate shitter that I am, I was surprised that he reaffirmed the actual comparisons many music publishers/critics pointed out. :omg:

He said nothing else was similar though.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

donutellha

As controversial as it was, it was promo in itself.

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, donutellha said:

As controversial as it was, it was promo in itself.

And Gaga taking the high road put her in a good light. And it's always nice to have Madonna cover BTW, which in a way furthered the link between the two amazing artists.

BTW, queen of being covered by her ""nemesis"" pop girls though (Katy and Madonna) :emma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived