Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

LG5 rock = good sales?

thatfoxyfeeling

Featured Posts

Shadow
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

It's still dead in the mainstream world and pop music. 

That's because most mainstream and pop music is bland and watered down for the masses, why many out there still enjoy great range and sophisticated tastes. 

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer
9 minutes ago, Nono said:

Sorry but the rock is not a hot thing in the world right now

Neither was dance music in 2008...

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Tommy Monster

Well, BTW had rock influences and look how that turned out for her career :emma:

RadioIsOurs
10 minutes ago, Shadow said:

That's because most mainstream and pop music is bland and watered down for the masses, why many out there still enjoy great range and sophisticated tastes. 

Doesn't that explain why it doesn't sell well anymore? I was just trying to answer the question...

Reality
19 minutes ago, Nono said:

Sorry but the rock is not a hot thing in the world right now

I honestly dont see it :awkney:

It's a classic genre, though. I mean, she did jazz and killed it. Rock might get the older genreations to pay attention to her music, and who knows, they might even become Little Monsters themselves if she does do a great rock album. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

RadioIsOurs
15 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You're telling me the music of The Beatles, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Elton John, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, and so much more is dead?

I don't think so :queenga:

Why are y'all so triggered?? The OP asked whether rock sells well and I answered no, because its pretty obvious that rock is dead NOW. It's non-present in pop music.

Reality
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

Why are y'all so triggered?? The OP asked whether rock sells well and I answered no, because its pretty obvious that rock is dead NOW. It's non-present in pop music.

So was jazz when she released Cheek to Cheek

tumblr_njhuutCV3e1qcgl1no1_500.gif

MaryJaneHolland
19 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You're telling me the music of The Beatles, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel, Elton John, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, and so much more is dead?

I don't think so :queenga:

it's not like these artists you named are selling millions and ruling the charts, right?

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

So was jazz when she released Cheek to Cheek

tumblr_njhuutCV3e1qcgl1no1_500.gif

So why did none of it's singles chart on the billboard Hot 100? We are talking about blockbuster levels of success here.

Reality
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

it's not like these artists you named are selling millions and ruling the charts, right?

They're classic musicians. You can't say that "they're dead", they just aren't. A lot of people still love them and continue to love them. Their music is timeless. There are still plenty of old-school, rock musicians that are still touring and selling their music.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, M Monstre said:

They're classic musicians. You can't say that "they're dead", they just aren't. A lot of people still love them and continue to love them. Their music is timeless. There are still plenty of old-school, rock musicians that are still touring and selling their music.

Because they're legends, left a mark in the music and did their job.. Gaga still hasn't, she's still working on her image and reputation.

RadioIsOurs
16 minutes ago, etron said:

Neither was dance music in 2008...

Let's look at the billboard year-end charts for 2008:

10. Forever - Chris Brown

16. Disturbia - Rihanna

17. Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna

20. Closer - Ne Yo

23. 4 minutes - Madonna

...and a few more from there. It might not be a lot of dance music, but it's still there. As compared to rock music in the year-end charts for 2015:

6. Shut Up and Dance (a very unique exception)

43: Centuries - Fall Out Boys

Not on the same level.

Reality
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Because they're legends, left a mark in the music and did their job.. Gaga still hasn't, she's still working on her image and reputation.

But they became legends because of their music. Gaga can and will do the same in the future, if she makes a great rock album she could make rock become mainstream again. If I remember correctly, KISS did say that she could bring rock music back.

DeanWinchester

:toofunny: at the rock haters. As mentioned before, just because rock isn't in doesn't mean it stays that way. Gaga helped EDM claim mainstream pop for the next 7-8 years. Jazz wasn't big for our generation until C2C was given attention.

If it's really good rock--it will sell and smash.

I mean the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, the guitarist of Stone Temple Pilots, Queen already worked with her. The lead of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest believe in her rock capabilities.

:rockstar:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

But they became legends because of their music. Gaga can and will do the same in the future, if she makes a great rock album she could make rock become mainstream again. If I remember correctly, KISS did say that she could bring rock music back.

...which means it's dead.

Archived