đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will promotion work for LG5 and its singles?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Will it be as massive as it was before for Born This Way? I'm not sure why but artists in 2016 don't seem to feel enthusiastic about promoting their songs. It could be that the charts are dominated by B-list or new singers and therefore their labels lack the financial confidence to assist them in the promotion of their music, since those singers usually don't generate as much return as artists like Katy Perry, Rihanna do.

However, A-list singers like Beyonce, Rihanna and Drake haven't been appearing on TV very much either. :rip: Even Justin Bieber cut back on promotion after Love Yourself, his success was to a large extent based on radio airplay and streaming. The same can be said about Adele.

Ariana Grande, Meghan Trainor and Sia are the only ones whom I can think of that have regularly appeared on TV to promote their albums. Not sure if it's the quality of their albums that is the problem or promotion just doesn't work anymore but they don't seem to sell very much either despite promotion.

I think the last celebrity who has successfully utilised the effects of promotion is Taylor Swift, but that was in 2014 with her album 1989. :rip:

Question: How do you think Gaga should promote her music? Should she adopt the Beyonce-approach aka letting the music speak for itself and go on tour immediately or should she once again adopt the Born This Way global-like promotion this time?

I vote the latter. :v:

Promotion a la C2C.

Everywhere but in a kind way. BTW was massive and awesome but it made people feel sick about the Gaga and the album

Bradley
Just now, RF said:

Promotion a la C2C.

Everywhere but in a kind way. BTW was massive and awesome but it made people feel sick about the Gaga and the album

Elaborate on 'in a kind way'?

2 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Elaborate on 'in a kind way'?

sorry I'm late and I didn't explain well, I even used a bad word choice

C2C was promoted in order to be seen by many people with interviews, specials, banners etc. But it wasn't that massive, the album wasn't "in your face" like Born This Way was. 

Did I explain myself better?

MyQueen
1 minute ago, Loyalty said:

promotion a la Born this way :derpga:

1 minute ago, Loyalty said:

promotion a la Born this way :derpga:

madonna-reductive.gif

Bradley
6 minutes ago, RF said:

sorry I'm late and I didn't explain well, I even used a bad word choice

C2C was promoted in order to be seen by many people with interviews, specials, banners etc. But it wasn't that massive, the album wasn't "in your face" like Born This Way was. 

Did I explain myself better?

Yeah but then the 'in your face' promotion worked for Born This Way, it's so well recognised among critics and fans alike and it was nominated for several Grammys. In fact she was revered as the global megastar and I don't think your argument that 'people would get annoyed' is of that great a concern.

Yuuri

Promotion ala 1989™, promote the firsr few singles hard and then have the rest promote itself.

*All publishing goes to Taylor Swift and her record company

Weasel
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Promotion or not the sales are in the pits...

So is the music itself so I ain't that surprised. 

muglero
29 minutes ago, RF said:

Promotion a la C2C.

That's what I was about to write :hor:

kabirartfling

I want decent promo for all singles and when i say decent i mean good tv spots, great live performances, One or in some rare cases two "looks" while doing a single promo so that people can resonate! Also to keep a simple theme, which is digestable to the gp

Give your love to me

Slayer
23 minutes ago, RF said:

er8uWNR.gifthis has to happen again, and the album would sell millions during its first week. :stalkga:

Nothing will beat this iconique promotion. :firega:

OP: I agree about pop stars not delivering when it comes to promotion. I don't understand where this trend came from. I suspect it's a result of the Internet changing everything. Maybe these pop stars' management teams don't think there is any point in traditional promotion anymore because it's all done online. They also probably realise touring is where the real money is, so they aim to get artists on the road as soon as possible.

Personally I really hope Gaga doesn't hop on this trend. She is such a fabulous performer and it would just suck if we didn't get lots of great performances to treasure.  

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

McMonster08

The most effective means of promotion recently, I think, is thru social media.:huh:

But TV campaigns will do as well, if I can remember Gaga's discography are on the iTunes chart when the B&N holiday ad was everywhere:stalkga:

Archived