💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What was ARTPOP's theory?

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

Dominic

I don't think there is a definitive concept because Gaga herself never established it. There's plenty of room for a multitude of theories. 

Personally I see it as she just wanted to make a fun, fast paced dance album. She wanted to show her creativity through a range of dance sounds and sub-genres. 

So really ARTPOP can mean anything. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KinneyUnderYou
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

obviously :derpga:

It was her Twitter bio during the pre-ARTPOP era. :koons:

Reality

I take it as it's sort of the "Born This Way" for artists. It's about self-expression, about not being confined to anything—artistically speaking. It's a way for the artist to truly shine. 

But it's also about incorporating art into pop culture. Everything she did was riddled with pop culture references, as well as artistic references. 

🃏🖤👹

donutellha

She had too many concept going on she forgot. :derpga:

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Brooke Hoegan
3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Was ARTPOP's Theory a Try-Hard Mess?

Yes, it's just that. Nothing more or less

That album as a whole doesn't have any concept. Of course the songs have many different topics, but album as a whole - no.

And before anyone disagrees - we are talking about album = music, not visuals. So the reverse "putting a soup can into art" crap doesn't have any case here.

+ "My ARTPOP could mean anything" isn't a concept, please be serious :awkney:

Anderson123

It was more of a fun album. She DID have some ideas and she put into it but so many songs didn't make the final cut that the concept of it went through different phases that probably wasn't the original idea.

Archived