💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Katy Perry performs at DNC

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

Let's give her the benefit of the doubt... this audience and performance was 100% opposite of what she is used to. The crowd is not her fans. Not even pop fans! And the audience watching at home on TV is not either. People are tuning in to this show with their most critical eyes, ready to digest the heaviest political issues of the day. So, to be a pop star walking on that stage singing pop tunes (with LIVE vocals), introducing the first major party female presidential candidate in US history has to be one of the greatest pressures a pop singer could face. She wasn't perfect, but she hardly failed! 

Forget about what you think of Katy Perry herself... As lovers of pop music, she deserves our support. She's there to represent the industry and genre that we all live for. She did the job, and she did it well. 

I'd like to see any one of us do 10% as good, lol. Most of us would buckle under the pressure so fast, it wouldn't even be televised. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noah X

Oh my god the vocals :air: they had to reverb the hell out of it and lower her voice below the instrumental for it not bleed everyone's ears out :air:

PopBitch
2 hours ago, ReidOne said:

I thought she sounded good? Her vocal range is limited, but she performs the songs very well. At least I thought so! 

I agree.  Those two songs were perfect for Hillary and Katy looked amazing.  I actually thought it was a  strong performance for Katy, and the audience loved it.  Those two songs were great for a female candidate

PopBitch

I actually love that HIllary throughout this convention was using a lot of current pop songs by females.  I liked that.

AgusPop
51 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

You guys.... no joke, Katy Perry just moved into first place as America's pop queen tonight! 

- She performed as the intro to Chelsea Clinton and Hillary's speeches. 

- She was shown on TV in the audience seconds after Hillary proclaimed her acceptance of the United States first female Presidential candidate from a major party. 

- Her song "Firework" was played immediately after Hillary closed her speech (followed by Sara Bareilles "Brave" --- the "Roar" shade tho! LOL)

The Republicans disagree (half the country)

ReidOne
Just now, AgusPop said:

The Republicans disagree (half the country)

LOL... you're right. And their pop queen is: 

469372c0c4b4f41ba71d1202154ea680.jpg

AgusPop
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

469372c0c4b4f41ba71d1202154ea680.jpg

well, not bad at all :hor:

lucastecala

It's almost embarassing to listen to Katy squeaky voice after having heard Gaga belt those notes. What a mess was this presentation of Rise.

AgusPop
14 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Also, remember what happened the last time Gaga was too political? yes.

Haroon

That was amazing :giveup: Bit off at the beginning and you could see her adjusting something at the back and her ear things constantly so something seemed off :huh: It all came together beautifully though and she did a wonderful job :applause: 

ReidOne
1 hour ago, KenonEpic said:

Oh my god the vocals :air: they had to reverb the hell out of it 

The reverb was def turned all the way up lol

Katsuki Bakugo
5 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

Oh, she looks really beautiful!

Hide contents

can't say the same about her voice 

giphy.gif

THIS GIF IS EVERYTHING!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

KarmaPolice

Guys let's be honest, she did really good for her standards and she looked stunning. I have to say I was distracted a lot by her adjusting her ear piece/mic, like...a lot! There are a lot of ways to do it in a less visible way 

Archived