Born This Way made $423 million

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sylvanas said:

But the article's math is incredibly wrong :toofunny:

"Orlan wanted 7.5 percent of the $31.7 million the album made in royalties"...

That means that Orlan wanted $2,377,500, which would be 7.5% of the 31.7m Born This Way made, not that 31.7m is equal to 7.5% of the total royalties (which is where you get  the 423 M figure). 

(Also, fun fact, according to the article, Born This Way made $422,666,666.667.)

The calculations aren't wrong, the wording is wrong. The artist wanted 31.7 million dollar, which is 7.5%. So the total figure is 423 million dollar. The writer of the article simply worded it the wrong way.

Other sources

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a802731/lady-gaga-wins-plagiarism-lawsuit-and-it-reveals-just-how-much-she-made-from-born-this-way/

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3460710

Note that this 423 million figure is from 2013. It's likely over 450 million now because of recurrent airplay, Spotify streams, sales, usage in commercials, covers/performances, youtube streams, etc etc.

I believe Madonna performing it at her MDNA tour made DJWS alone 400k USD.

Ferrer Zorola
2 hours ago, Loyalty said:

I wonder how much 21 and  25 have made:shocked:

less than btw 

LIFE IS GOOD

Loyalty
32 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

less than btw 

I said Album Royalties.. and 21 has sold more than Born This Way so the Royalties would be more

Ferrer Zorola
40 minutes ago, Loyalty said:

I said Album Royalties.. and 21 has sold more than Born This Way so the Royalties would be more

I was obviously kidding :laughga:

LIFE IS GOOD

Loyalty
9 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I was obviously kidding :laughga:

Well next time use the spoiler

Spoiler

Just kidding

Economy
3 hours ago, Versus said:

+ $189.3 million from the tour

66f7c99f-3b7f-4b41-a775-4632baaf79f1.gif

Im sure the figures include that

Ferrer Zorola
1 hour ago, Loyalty said:

Well next time use the spoiler

Hide contents

Just kidding

I didn't get it :green:

LIFE IS GOOD

venusfly
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Im sure the figures include that

They don't, the damages only include album sales. Gaga made more than 500-600 from BTW and around 2-3 billion during her career

andy232000

the fact that out of those 423 million probably more than half goes to the record label and the rest is used to pay for that big ass tour tho...

Loyalty
22 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

the fact that out of those 423 million probably more than half goes to the record label and the rest is used to pay for that big ass tour tho...

Do they not pay for the tours in advance?

andy232000
Just now, Loyalty said:

Do they not pay for the tours in advance?

im sure they pay fro a few of it but they usually use sponsors. Live nation being one of them. Absolute and Vodka sponsored the artRAVE, thats why they had a mini bar during the show. I also remember Gaga doing two shows a night, the actual date of the concert and then a club show and with the money earn from the club show she would pay the actual tour

Economy
48 minutes ago, LG said:

They don't, the damages only include album sales. Gaga made more than 500-600 from BTW and around 2-3 billion during her career

So what are they including in these figures?

If it was just sales, say it sold 10 million each album would have to cost $50 :rip: 

Anyway, after the labels cut, taxes and expenses, i wonder how much Gaga actually made for herself :awkney: 

Ethan

I'm confused. I thought album sales were so low that artists can't rely on them, so they must on tour sales. This says otherwise?

Archived