💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

PETA: Pokémon Go is animal cruelty

Paper Gangsta

Featured Posts

Paper Gangsta
48 minutes ago, Bebe said:

They did what? Say Pokemon Go is animal cruelty?

No, they very clearly didn't...

http://www.peta.org/blog/peta-pokemon-safe-zone-following-pokemon-go-release/

That is the statement by PETA that the article is written about.

What have I written that you think is a mess? All I have done is point out you are misrepresenting PETA... I think your clear bias against this group is a huge mess imo :shrug:

no, i said that even that "real statement" is a mess, there is no need to be extra over every area of life. noone cares and they look like a joke

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bebe
Just now, Paper Gangsta said:

no, i said that even that "real statement" is a mess, there is no need to be extra over every area of life. noone cares and they look like a joke

How are they being extra here though? :laughga:

This is as light hearted as it gets. They begin their post by saying

"Many PETA staffers grew up playing Pokémon and are impressed by the Pokémon Go phenomenon. We saw this as a teachable moment for how people should treat real animals."

It isn't an attack on Pokemon Go they are just using it's popularity as a way to engage people in conversations about animal cruelty.

Paper Gangsta
40 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Are you saying the comparison isn't accurate?

Because, if that's what your saying then the second part of your statement has some issues.

capturing this is similar to capturing animals?092.png

Paper Gangsta
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

How are they being extra here though? :laughga:

This is as light hearted as it gets. They begin their post by saying

"Many PETA staffers grew up playing Pokémon and are impressed by the Pokémon Go phenomenon. We saw this as a teachable moment for how people should treat real animals."

It isn't an attack on Pokemon Go they are just using it's popularity as a way to engage people in conversations about animal cruelty.

cause there is no need to be annyoing and spam people in every area of life, can we enjoy something without their shitty propaganda?

Bebe
6 minutes ago, Paper Gangsta said:

cause there is no need to be annyoing and spam people in every area of life, can we enjoy something without their shitty propaganda?

They are hardly spamming people with this :smh: 

I think you are the only one being unreasonable here. An animal rights group uses a popular game and a huge cultural event to start a light hearted conversation asking people to be aware of animal abuse. Big deal.

What you seem to want is for PETA to just shut up about animal rights, which makes no sense and is completely unreasonable. 

You don't like PETA... Fine, but you can't really fault them for making a light-hearted post on their blog asking people to think about the treatment of real life animals.

uo111
5 minutes ago, Paper Gangsta said:

capturing this is similar to capturing animals?092.png

Yes.

It's a very simple connection, taking something from it's natural habitat and making it fight is fine in a video game, not fine in real life. But it's still what you are doing in pokemon. There is no question that is what you are doing.

Are you okay? Did you have a stroke? I just can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to make these connections unless something was seriously wrong.

Paper Gangsta
Just now, uo111 said:

Yes.

It's a very simple connection, taking something from it's natural habitat and making it fight is fine in a video game, not fine in real life. But it's still what you are doing in pokemon. There is no question that is what you are doing.

Are you okay? Did you have a stroke? I just can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to make these connections unless something was seriously wrong.

except video game is about pokemon invading the earth, so it's not their natural habitat :)

uo111
2 minutes ago, Paper Gangsta said:

except video game is about pokemon invading the earth, so it's not their natural habitat :)

O... no.

I have a feeling someone else who is more passionate about pokemon lore will correct this wrong.

donutellha

why tho.

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Paper Gangsta
Just now, uo111 said:

O... no.

I have a feeling someone else who is more passionate about pokemon lore will correct this wrong.

Pokemons like in Pokemon World as in Anime, and Pokemon Go is about them invading the earth, I mean they even based their promo on Pokemons invade the earth

Katsuki Bakugo
9 hours ago, uo111 said:

Are you saying the comparison isn't accurate?

Because, if that's what your saying then the second part of your statement has some issues.

It's fiction, and stupid to think it is cruel to "animals" when they aren't animals or real. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo

Why is it that only Pokemon is targeted by these morons. I have never once seen in the media them against Digimon, or anything else with "animal" violence in it. 

They need to keep their work and focus on animals and out of fiction. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

uo111
46 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

It's fiction, and stupid to think it is cruel to "animals" when they aren't animals or real. 

Where did they say pokemon is cruel to animals?

You are literally seeing words on your screen that aren't there. 

Katsuki Bakugo
26 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Where did they say pokemon is cruel to animals?

You are literally seeing words on your screen that aren't there. 

Oh I don't know the title of the thread, the article, the fact they have a no catching pokemon zone in their work place... 

the only one seeing the wrong thing is you. 

Look to your own sins, the night is dark and full of haunters!

Archived