Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Something about 'music not the bling'...

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent

So as we all know Gaga has made it quite clear that she intends to not work as hard at giving big companies money, complaining that for them 'millions aren't enough'. While I agree that she shouldn't lead her career being controlled by big corporations, her attitude on this subject kind of pisses me off.

These massive companies, such as Livenation, such as Interscope are the reason that she's had such impact. I think this attitude shows a complete lack of respect for her fans. Gaga has fans in every small corner in the world and one day, if she continues on this path of '**** the companies', she simply will not have the funding to give back to her fans by touring for them.

From what we've seen and heard, it seems that Gaga has a good deal with Interscope and lets be honest, she has more creative freedom than any other mainstream artist that I know of, so why the bitching?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that we don't know the ins and outs and sure they probably take too much money from what she's earned, and have probably said no to some of her creations, but I think she needs to have a bit more respect for the companies and the 'machine' that has placed her on the platform she's on today.

Do you think she'd be where she is now without Livenation funding the monster ball? I doubt it.

Thoughts?

AlexanderLevi2

You can be thankful AND criticize the corporation that helped you.

And the music industry just sees $$$$$ instead of people sometimes. I think that's more what music not the bling means.

Currently listening to Joanne

Mythos

Do people still belive that nonsense? Sorry, but she is all about the money, as is everyone else, don't let you fool yourself. 

And honestly, nothing wrong about it, it's her job.

Saint Laurent
Just now, AlexanderLevi2 said:

And the music industry just sees $$$$$ instead of people sometimes. I think that's more what music not the bling means.

But the company needs the money to fund her career, it's not a day care centre, it's basically just a bank...

Born To Slay

Quite honestly, these artists that bitch about not having creative freedom are annoying. Because they signed the contract. If you don't wanna compromise, then don't sign the ****ing contract. It's like a person bitching about their job over and over again, it's like "get another one or shut up plz, and if u can't get another one then u should probably be grateful"

Didymus

She doesn't really go against the corporations though. Like, she can pretend she cares about corporations treating artists fairly, but when it comes down to it she never really seems to put that all into action.

Like even in that Austin interview where she talked about it, she still defended her deal with Doritos of all companies, and defended that festival for controversially billing Jay Z as the headliner to generate more income.

And then there's the constant flip flopping when it comes to defending and insulting Interscope. I mean, I just think the whole thing is an act to appear more authentic and art driven, but we all know that narrative doesn't really translate into her life. I mean, this is a woman who signed a 360 deal, I don't think we should doubt that she knows exactly who and what brought her to where she is.

What she will do with the platform she gained, however, is her own choice, and if she wants to whine about corporations while still gladly filling their pockets, then that's not disrespect to fans, that's just how she wants to carve her reputation and image and that's fine to me, it's transparent enough anyway.

venusfly

At no point in Gaga's career has she done anything to show that she truly believes in music not the bling so i dont really buy it

AlexanderLevi2
1 minute ago, Saint Laurent said:

But the company needs the money to fund her career, it's not a day care centre, it's basically just a bank...

Yes, however, you still deserve respect as a human and not just a machine at a job. But that's my perspective.

And who knows how unfair or fair her contract is.

Kermit

It's apart of the art act. Either way, money makes the world go round, unfortunately. If Gaga had no money and relied on herself, there would not be a world tour, Gaga x Intel, hell, some awards would not be won. In order to function properly, in life, you need a piece of paper of which every character provides false value, so that some can believe they're getting their life's worth, or a brand of importance. That being said, some of us forget that, at the end of all of our lives, we all end up decaying, like every one else. Money may change your perception, but not your species or your fate. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

AlexanderLevi2
5 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Quite honestly, these artists that bitch about not having creative freedom are annoying. Because they signed the contract. If you don't wanna compromise, then don't sign the ****ing contract. It's like a person bitching about their job over and over again, it's like "get another one or shut up plz, and if u can't get another one then u should probably be grateful"

Employees are your first customer in a business though.

I agree complaining constantly about your job is not the best route to go but corporations should hear out their employees complaints.

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Employees are your first customer in a business though.

I agree complaining constantly about your job is not the best route to go but corporations should hear out their employees complaints.

Yes and I agree with that in many situations, but these artists that bitch knew exactly what they were getting into. 

Born To Slay
7 minutes ago, DominicB said:

It's apart of the art act. Either way, money makes the world go round, unfortunately. If Gaga had no money and relied on herself, there would not be a world tour, Gaga x Intel, hell, some awards would not be won. In order to function properly, in life, you need a piece of paper of which every character provides false value, so that some can believe they're getting their life's worth, or a brand of importance. That being said, some of us forget that, at the end of all of our lives, we all end up decaying, like every one else. Money may change your perception, but not your species or your fate. 

Until you can buy living forever, then it will change your fate

Kermit
3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Until you can buy living forever, then it will change your fate

:v: Why would one want live forever when they can burn in Hades's living room with I?

:v: I want the 3 major Greek God's and their powers.

:v: Thirst, Rage and a man who can shake the world through his limb.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Bad Bromance
54 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Yep!  You took the words right out of my mouth.  I also feel that sometimes corporations see $$ signs instead of people (their employees) most of the time.  It shouldn't be this way because any business, regardless of how large or small, cannot survive without its employees so they need to treat them right.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

TheFame Monster
58 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Do people still belive that nonsense? Sorry, but she is all about the money, as is everyone else, don't let you fool yourself. 

And honestly, nothing wrong about it, it's her job.

In a Z100 interview for ARTPOP she even said all of the songs were made to be radio hits. 

Archived