Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

X-Men

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

SB2DtKC.png

The X-Men are a fictional team of superheroes appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Stan Lee and artist/co-writer Jack Kirby, the characters first appeared in The X-Men #1 (September 1963). They are among the most recognizable and successful intellectual properties of Marvel Comics, appearing in numerous books, television shows, films, and video games.

The X-Men are mutants, a subspecies of humans who are born with superhuman abilities. The X-Men fight for peace and equality between normal humans and mutants in a world where antimutant bigotry is fierce and widespread.They are led by Charles Xavier, also known as Professor X, a powerful mutant telepath who can control and read minds.

The conflict between mutants and normal humans is often compared to real-world conflicts experienced by minority groups in America such as African Americans, Jews, various religious (or "non-religious") groups, Communists, the LGBT community, etc.In Ann Nocenti's words-"The X-Men has always represented something different - their powers arrive at puberty, making them analogous to the changes you go through at adolescence - whether they're special, or out of control, or setting you apart - the misfit identity theme.

Professor-X:

2727521-the_prof____not_the_hoff_by_spid

The founder of the X-Men, he himself is an exceptionally powerful telepath who can read and control minds of others. While running a private school in upstate New York in order to both shelter and train mutants from around the globe, Xavier also fights to serve the greater good.Xavier is perhaps best known in this regard for the creation of a device called Cerebro, a technology that serves to detect and track those individuals possessing the mutant gene, at the same time greatly expanding the gifts of those with existing psionic abilities.

The Founding Members of The X-Men:

Spoiler

Cyclops

18-Xmen-First-Clas-Cyclops.jpg

Typically considered the first of the X-Men,Cyclops is one of the team's primary leaders. He can emit powerful beams of energy from his eyes. He cannot control the beams without the aid of special eyewear which he must wear at all times.

Fun Fact-One of Marvel's most prominent characters, Cyclops was rated #1 on IGN.com's list of Top 25 X-Men from the past forty years in 2006,and the 39th in their 2011 list of Top 100 Comic Book Heroes.

Marvel Girl(Jean Grey)

17-jean-grey.jpg

Born with telepathic and telekinetic powers Jean Grey is a caring, nurturing figure,but she also has to deal with being an Omega-level mutant and the physical manifestation of the cosmic Phoenix Force.She has faced death numerous times in the history of the series.

Fun Fact #1: Cyclops and Jean Grey has a son called Cable who is actually older than his parents.Cable is known for being the first leader of X-Force,An offshoot of the X-Men, X-Force takes a more militant and aggressive approach towards its enemies compared to the X-Men.

Fun Fact #2 : In an attempt to save her fellow X-Men,Jean was exposed to fatal levels of radiation.Dying but determined to save her friends,Jean's love pushed her to reach her full potential as a psychic and telekinetic causing her to transform into Phoenix.The Dark Phoenix  storyline is one of the most well-known and heavily referenced in mainstream American superhero comics, and is widely considered a classic, including Jean Grey's suicidal sacrifice.

Beast

x_men_beast_by_colossus484-d4bt11m.jpg

Originally called "The Beast",Beast possesses ape-like superhuman physical strength and agility, oversize hands and feet, and a genius-level intellect.Despite Beast's inhuman appearance, he is depicted as a brilliant, well-educated man in the arts and sciences, known for his witty sense of humor.

Fun Fact: Beast has also been a member of the Avengers and Defenders.

Angel

c457a43912f074e7c6f972782daf47e7.jpg

A heir to a multibillion-dollar corporation,Angel possesses a pair of large feathered wings extending from his back, enabling him to fly.His privileged background results in Angel being stereotyped as a self-absorbed playboy during his early years with the X-Men.

Fun Fact: An Ancient Mutant Apocalypse is responsible for Angel's transformation into Archangel.He subjected Angel to extensive genetic alterations, giving him blue skin and organic metal wings which can cut through almost anything.

Iceman

Iceman_(Bobby_Drake).png

Iceman has the ability to manipulate ice and cold by freezing water vapor around him.This allows him to freeze objects, as well as turn his body into ice

Fun Fact: In All-New X-Men series Iceman is revealed to be gay.He repressed that one part of his life for years in order to avoid persecution; as time passed, he developed the practice of acting as if he was straight.With the help of Jean Grey,he finally comes to terms with his own sexuality

Core Members Of The X-Men

Spoiler

Angel

43a759eda75cbcdab8af343a8e6352c8.jpg

Beast

latest?cb=20111126111509

Colossus

e4976885c2bb7789d1d64db4783e6abd.jpg

Cyclops

cyclops_colors_by_tfshadowcons-d5flanz.j

Emma Frost

e802b615c370c5e0850edb4d46405279.jpg

Gambit

x-men-gambit.jpg

Iceman

28e3a5c557c73d7b4f2e143c39eb44f3.jpg

Jean Grey

Jean-Grey-Phoenix-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-k.

Jubilee

ffebf5acdf3671872867df1d61fecf45.jpg

Kitty Pryde

fdfcc448e15b2587cd4b6f114ad8db5c.jpg

Magik

latest?cb=20111130073401

Nightcrawler

1302628-01.jpg

Northstar

ea39d568acb135db6f01e848e655abae.jpg

Psylocke

latest?cb=20131010035638

Rogue

655b1eb881a123ede5ef1fd45e696c34.jpg

Storm

844903-826601_prv2759_pg6.jpg

Wolverine

441px-Wolverine_(comics).PNG

Wolverine(X-23)

x-23_vol_1_3_textless-x-23-to-become-new

All the X-Men enthusiasts are welcomed in this thread.You can discuss anything about the X-Men universe here,be it the comics,your favorite characters,movies or TV shows :woohoo: 

P.S. Thread banner credit goes to the amazing @Phoenix :happy:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Jean Grey, Rogue and Mystique >>> all of us

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

yASSsss
Just now, Haroon said:

@X Mannequin Is that alright? :confused: Did you want it all centred or just the picture? :huh: 

just the thread banner :flop: 

yASSsss
Just now, Red said:

add Emma Frost and Storm in this list too :gaycat: 

yASSsss
2 minutes ago, Haroon said:

@X Mannequin Is that alright? :confused: Did you want it all centred or just the picture? :huh: 

it actually looks good this way.thnx for the help :ph34r:

yASSsss
Just now, Haroon said:

Re-done :laughga: 

meghan-trainor-thank-you-album.jpg

AddMeOnMYSPACE

Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, storm, Emma are my favorite characters! :woohoo:

X-men Apocalypse didn't deserve the hate :wtf:

Pacify Him

Nah Kitty Pride is the most powerful of them all are y'all kidding?

I’m getting on your nerves

Shadowcrest
3 hours ago, Red said:

Remove Mystique, character is so annoying.

41 minutes ago, Themysciran said:

Remove Mystique, character is so annoying.

REPENT

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived