Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Futuristic' music? What did RedOne actually mean?

Mr Judas

Featured Posts

Mr Judas

Okay, so we all know that RedOne said that Gaga is brining 'futuristic and classic' music to the scene with LG5.

So does that mean Gaga is brining a new sound to the mainstream again? Like she did with TF/M.

My guess on this is: Yes

And what type of music will it be?

Rock, Classic Rock. Will probably be the main element running through this album. We got tons of pictures of gags with guitars. So yea, that's a small shot at it.

Give me your take on it little bopsters.

:gaycat:

(And I'm really dry with no news about gags, so pardon my rant)

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, vrajesh said:

And what type of music will it be?

no one has a clue

Reality

I too think—and hope—that it's going to be a rock album, or at the very least be heavily inspired by rock music. 

EDIT: Although, I wouldn't mind a sort of Back to Black, Amy Winehouse, kind of album. That album was incredible, and she is working with Mark Ronson, I think that'd be awesome. 

🃏🖤👹

Didymus

I still think the interviewer misinterpreted him. In another interview, in very similar language, he said that his 8 tracks with Gaga preserved the classic Gaga/RedOne sound the fans have loved since 2008 but also incorporated where Gaga's artistic sensibility lies for the future. I don't buy the "futuristic" thing because immediately afterwards he says he didn't want to stray too far from what Gaga's done, and her music has never sounded futuristic, so..

So yeah, I think the combo of classic/current Gaga is what he meant now as well. In any case, he's only talking about those eight tracks, and he specifically said that he doesn't know if those tracks will make it exactly because they are different from what she's doing with other producers, so anyone who takes that statement as a description of LG5 is just deluding himself, sadly.

Loyalty

Even if his 8 tracks don't make it I pray there is some way they're leaked or released officially cause I miss him :interestinga:

ChrisGaga

Most songs of the album will be pop songs! This is really cear because Gaga wants to top the charts again, and we all know that this is only possible with pop music. RedOne said as well, that he and Gaga go back to the old Gaga-kind of music and Elton John said that he heard songs that sound like Bad Romance and You and I.

But in the end I think the album will have a lot of influences of other kinds of music: Rock influences because of Kevin Parker, dance pop and EDM influences because of RedOne, BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Fernando Garibay, pop ballad influences because of Diane Warren and Elton John (& Mark Ronson), maybe some disco influences because of Giorgio Moroder and Nile Rodgers and maybe some electro influences because of DJ White Shadow and Blood Pop. So the album won't go in only one direction...it will have a lot of different directions with one important aspect: it has to become popular and not too special like ARTPOP... .

lavieenrose

If these '8 tracks' sound anything like his recently released song, he can keep them

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, lavieenrose said:

If these '8 tracks' sound anything like his recently released song, he better keep em'

he said that the music he did with gaga is completely different from his music

Yo GagaGaga

I see the fame as outdated futuristic music (if that makes any sense) the fame monster as classic futuristic, Born This Way as classic music and ARTPOP as futuristic

I feel like what I just said made no sense at all

RAMROD

Inb4 Autotunes ala Cher's Believe or Kanye's 808 album :poot:

Ready for meltdown :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

flopheart

i think it will be something kind of disco heaven/ summer boy/ speechless and you and i

HOTNebraskaGuy

When did classic rock become futuristic. :emma:

I'd love it from her but I don't think that's what he meant. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Levine

idk a fusion of more genres? Idk.... that's why I hate the defination of "futuristic" in music, who says it's futuristic? You (redone)?

Archived