💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why has Gaga never spoke about BLM?

gagzus

Featured Posts

President Trump
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

it's the same in this situation because BLM is for equal racial rights and fighting against prejudice and racists, it's not like it's a choice view like politics is there's right and there's wrong just like there is with gay rights. And being for BLM puts you on the right side of history.

You didn't address my point at all though so okay . Black lives matter is an organization with sometimes questionable antics. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

Gaga has always been for civil rights/equality. She even tweeted about Ferguson before  her peers did and before the story went viral in huge way where everyone was commenting on it. She really has nothing to prove in that regard. A #blacklivesmatter hashtag response like other celebs isn't the be all, end all of social justice, nor does her not doing it negate what she's done and said about equality beforehand. 

Slayer

I can't believe some of you think Gaga picks "palatable" social issues to be passionate about for the sake of her public image. Do you really think when she was standing on that stage, speaking about Orlando with tears streaming down her face and a crack in her voice, that it was just an act? Self-promotion? Have you really become that cynical? 

There could be any number of reasons why she hasn't commented on Black Lives Matter. If she's anything like me, she probably doesn't feel comfortable talking about racism as a middle-class white person. Someone earlier correctly pointed out that Justin Timberlake came under fire a few days ago because he supported Black Lives Matter and was accused of "appropriating their culture" and robbing Janet Jackson's career. No wonder Gaga doesn't want to say anything on the matter when white supporters are told to check their privilege. And it has nothing to do with public image... It's out of fear of being branded a racist. And that applies to a lot of white people. Anyone who supports equal rights will support Black Lives Matter, but the fact that so few of us speak out on the issue is far more to do with fear than it has to do with apathy. We don't want to be lumped together with the racists, which sadly is often the case. 

Also...way to go, guys. Gaga is the most vocal entertainer on social issues and does far more than any of her contemporaries, and yet that's still not enough. I'm getting sick of this forum.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

monstereo
16 minutes ago, etron said:

I can't believe some of you think Gaga picks "palatable" social issues to be passionate about for the sake of her public image. Do you really think when she was standing on that stage, speaking about Orlando with tears streaming down her face and a crack in her voice, that it was just an act? Self-promotion? Have you really become that cynical? 

There could be any number of reasons why she hasn't commented on Black Lives Matter. If she's anything like me, she probably doesn't feel comfortable talking about racism as a middle-class white person. Someone earlier correctly pointed out that Justin Timberlake came under fire a few days ago because he supported Black Lives Matter and was accused of "appropriating their culture" and robbing Janet Jackson's career. No wonder Gaga doesn't want to say anything on the matter when white supporters are told to check their privilege. And it has nothing to do with public image... It's out of fear of being branded a racist. And that applies to a lot of white people. Anyone who supports equal rights will support Black Lives Matter, but the fact that so few of us speak out on the issue is far more to do with fear than it has to do with apathy. We don't want to be lumped together with the racists, which sadly is often the case. 

Also...way to go, guys. Gaga is the most vocal entertainer on social issues and does far more than any of her contemporaries, and yet that's still not enough. I'm getting sick of this forum.

Exactly. OP already has attacked Gaga for "appropriating their culture", just imagine the amount of messages she'd get if she posted something about it.

Some people need to lay off the tumblr and sjw infested sites.

Speechless94
3 hours ago, gagzus said:

Actually yes I do believe that's the right way for her to do it, because if she is as aware as she claims then she is simply playing ignorance, go back to the first post of Jane Elliot videos I posted and watch the first one and you'll see what I mean. 

People often fall too much into the Bystander Syndrome category and to me that's almost as bad as being someone who is against equality, ignorance is what got us further into inequality so it's sure f*cking not gonna get us out of it 

See but this is the problem with BLM as a specific movement. It would be like a straight girl going to a pride parade with her friends and just posting the pictures onto Facebook and snapchat. The reason the conversation KEEPS going back to the hashtag is because there are too many people who are 'a part of the movement' who abuse the hashtag to just join in on the conversation so they know everyone else hears their two cents about it/just to get attention. No one disagrees with the messages behind the movement.  The need for the movement is very very apparent and many many people who talk about it on social media and use the hashtag, do have legitimate experiences and intentions to back up their use. 

It's also good to note that yes, there are tons of very real rallies and protests going on throughout the United States and they need to happen. But the problem is, when the only headlines coming out of them are traffic jams, people get more angry about being able to make it to work. The media definitely puts a spin on it, but it also doesn't help that there's no concrete organization within the movement, and there really are no efficient efforts being made to make real changes. I agree, the promise of stoping police brutality is something that's not a 1..2 thing and its fixed, but militancy is not how to start the conversation. Militancy is problem with this specific movement, and the abuse of the hashtag carries an an either bandwagon or die message.

I totally agree for the need for it and I support those taking efforts 100% (gaga does too), but there is a reason why people do not want to be associated with this movement. And there are reasons to go about fighting police brutality in a different way than the way that is getting mainstream attention at the moment. Again, its like being a supporter of either Martin Luther King, and Malcom X. At the moment, there just isn't any other option in terms of organizations or leaders to get behind. 

Economy

Certain issues ur gonna take a lotta heat no matter your opinion or position

In those cases its best to say nothing 👀

vertigostick
6 hours ago, gagzus said:

she posted about the gun control relation to the dallas shootings not the fact it was in defence of BLM, and the MLK quote proves nothing other than she wants to fight with kindness not guns. It's not about race what she was talking about.

But her "fight hate with love" approach obviously includes racial issues as well! It's unfair to say she doesn't care when she mentioned full equality for everyone no matter what race, religion, gender, sexual orientation... Just go and listen to BTW again, she also tackles racial issues in this song.

Just because she hasn't used a specific hashtag doesn't cast doubt on her values or what she stands for: building a kinder and braver world, fighting agaisnt bullying and any form of discrimination.

RAMROD

Why people have to talk about an issue when they does not have suffecient knowledge about it? Especially something as complex as BLM? That is only calling for troubles.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LStephens11

"...you're black, white, beige, Chola decent, you're Lebanese, you're Orient // whether life's disabilities left you outcast, bullied, or teased rejoice and love yourself today, 'cause, baby, you were Born This Way."

:firega:

Bad Bromance
5 hours ago, Kayla said:

I think there's a difference between understanding why we have a movement and choosing to support a specific part or branch of that movement. I honestly don't understand if Black Lives Matter is an organization, a mentality, etc. Do they have official offices? People in charge? Or is it just a general concept? 

I'm not against BLM, I actually am totally on their side, I just don't understand how exactly it functions at an operational level. Regardless, while my lack of knowledge stops me from tagging my pro-black thoughts with "#BlackLivesMatter," it doesn't stop me from supporting their goals. 

You can call bystander syndrome category on a lot of things. I'm in environmental sciences and see the shitty things happening to nature- companies polluting water that flows into native american communities, pesticides that kill off bees we need to pollinate at least 3/4 of the food we eat, people planting flowers in their garden that do little to nothing for native species, deforestation effecting animal populations, air quality, etc. 

Those are also huge social and political problems that Gaga hasn't said much, if anything, about, yet they are indeed things that effect almost everyone. 

So if Gaga does go to a BLM rally and gives you what you want, should I start getting upset at her for not speaking out about the importance of planting native plant species to save the bees? 

I do agree Gaga could and should do more to find a solution for the issue of systemic racism, and I've loved Elliot's exercises since I was a child and my mother introduced me to them, but I think you're shitting on Gaga a little too much here. 

Very well said, Kayla!!  I agree with you 100%!   :applause:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Alien Tulip

I'm sure she's FURIOUS about whats been going on. A lot of her close friends are black and she's always been vocal about how people should stop being racist, homophobic, etc but I think she's also aware that if she tweeted something about it then people will find something to bitch about like calling her racist even though she is not.

Bad Bromance
5 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

I'm sure she's FURIOUS about whats been going on. A lot of her close friends are black and she's always been vocal about how people should stop being racist, homophobic, etc but I think she's also aware that if she tweeted something about it then people will find something to bitch about like calling her racist even though she is not.

That's exactly what we're trying to get the OP to understand but he only sees it his way.  I guess he doesn't really know Gaga.  It's a shame he calls himself a fan when he doesn't really know for whom he stans.

Alien Tulip
3 minutes ago, Bad Bromance said:

That's exactly what we're trying to get the OP to understand but he only sees it his way.  I guess he doesn't really know Gaga.  It's a shame he calls himself a fan when he doesn't really know for whom he stans.

I get some people's frustration but Gaga is not at fault at all. She's not obliged to talk about every issue out there and there are tons of other issues she has yet to speak on and isn't mandated to do so. I just think it's a bit shallow that some people (not the OP) would assume Gaga is racist just because she hasn't said anything about the issue/movement. We all know Gaga is a loving girl from New York City who loves every walk of life. Her best friends from school Bo and Ariana growing up are Asian, Filipino and Puerto Rican. A lot of her close friends within her career are black. I'm not saying just because you have minority friends doesn't make you racist but it's always been clear that race and sexual orientation never mattered to Gaga. She sees minorities as "people" just like her unlike racist people. I'm sure if Gaga saw one of her fans calling black people and asian people offensive terms, she would slap them across the face with her long red judas nails. 

Bad Bromance
9 minutes ago, Alien Tulip said:

I get some people's frustration but Gaga is not at fault at all. She's not obliged to talk about every issue out there and there are tons of other issues she has yet to speak on and isn't mandated to do so. I just think it's a bit shallow that some people (not the OP) would assume Gaga is racist just because she hasn't said anything about the issue/movement. We all know Gaga is a loving girl from New York City who loves every walk of life. Her best friends from school Bo and Ariana growing up are Asian, Filipino and Puerto Rican. A lot of her close friends within her career are black. I'm not saying just because you have minority friends doesn't make you racist but it's always been clear that race and sexual orientation never mattered to Gaga. She sees minorities as "people" just like her unlike racist people. I'm sure if Gaga saw one of her fans calling black people and asian people offensive terms, she would slap them across the face with her long red judas nails. 

Totally agree with you, babe!   :applause:

Archived