💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga ditch choreography?

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

avalon x
2 hours ago, jojuun said:

She IS a good dancer. When she takes her time to rehearse and is in the right "mode", she's an amazing dancer. What we need is a better choreographer. LaurieAnn "BoomKack" Gibson turned out to be an untrustworthy bitch that wasn't just satisfied with being paid royally, she also wanted her own fame. (Her floppy music is the prime example). So good riddance to her. However, she's the one who got the best routines out of Gaga. As much as I love and respect Richy Jackson, he just doesn't make the epic and memorable choreography LaurieAnn made. We need a brand new choreographer that is ruthless and demands Gaga's full effort.

THIS:

(Bron dis way vid)

1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

NO!

She has to work more on it. and what she needs is better choreographer and better dancers. Just look at Madonna's dancers :giveup:

And why would she stop? People like that side of her, we like it. 

If I wanted to be a fan of someone on whose concert I go to be blown up by vocals, I would've been a fan of Adele. But, I'm a fan of Lady Gaga, because I love her theatric side. Dance, stage equipment, costumes (i'll be okay with some more ''normal'' costumes for the next tour). People don't go to her concerts to listen to her voice and be amazed by it. They go to have fun.

2 hours ago, jojuun said:

I know. But everything that's horrible, choreo-wise, is Richy Jackson. LaurieAnn straight-up jacked Bob Fosse and Vogueing for Gaga's routines from TF/TFM, but they were still amazing routines. Everything she's ever done that's amazing choreo-wise is LaurieAnn created. There's been amazing moments since LaurieAnn's departure but nothing comes close to her choreo slayage in 2008/9/10/part of 11, aka the LaurieAnn days.

People should've talked to her about the Americano routine by the way. And half of artRAVE. A damn mess. That chair routine for MJH still haunts me. And Americano will forever be the lowest of the low choreo. It can't get worse, I'm sure.

She needs to hire someone who's able to make memorable, high-impact choreography and who is able to drill her. Richy is obviously a yes-man. Someone who'll take "no" for an answer. LaurieAnn used to scream at Gaga in rehearsals until she got it right. That's what we need. A new LaurieAnn, who's not fame-hungry and backstabbing like LaurieAnn was, but the same level of choreographer and a drill sergeant in the dance studio.

Someone like Parris Goebel would work wonders for Gaga's choreographies.

THEEESE. I second these points. :firega:

Let's not forget, the crazy Bad Romance choreo was one of the main things about the video that people were really intrigued by. (and without them we wouldn't have "monster paws" which is a huge and iconic part of Gaga)

Without more choreo.. there will be less chance of her reclaiming the success she had during her peak, imo. So she better serve some killer, memorable moves.

Edit: This is one of the many iconic moments of choreo during Bad Romance

bad_romance_gif_by_joeleneybeaney-d33jet

You should watch the whole video again to get the feels. :excited2:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the way things have been going, I'm pretty sure her and her team will have realised that a different approach to the visual element of her performances might be refreshing so if that means ditch the choreography, so be it :shrug: .

We all know that she clearly doesn't need to dance to completely blow people away and her routines have never been as impressive as Beyonce or Madonna's so it's not really a loss in any case. The theatricality might be an integral part of the Gaga persona (pre-2015/LG5 anyway :emma: ) but that doesn't mean it has to be in the form of a predictable dance routine. 

Economy
2 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

The chorus, maybe. But the verses aren't. The one where she's wearing the red outfit. It looks pretty smooth.

Which performance was that?

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Which performance was that?

Lady-Gaga-Judas-lady-gaga-21762433-500-2

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

TimisaMonster

Yes she needs to dance to her boppin music

Don't blame the dancer, blame the choreographer... :stalkga:

#Justice4Boomkack

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Manul

She should take notes from her talented contemporaries.

katy-perry-juicy-performing-at-the-56th-reverse-1394128421_rihanna_dancing.gif

it wasn't laaaahv

Monster Voices

No! I love the weird choreographies for the songs, learning them, dancing along. When performing live she doesn't need to stick to it of course but it does add some theater to the show. 

Forever and Always!

KingRedd

Choreography is good but I don't think every song needs it. Unless Boom Kack choreographs it ha lmao jk richey is fine too.

May I Read You? 😎

DeanWinchester
51 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

She should take notes from her talented contemporaries.

katy-perry-juicy-performing-at-the-56th-reverse-1394128421_rihanna_dancing.gif

:laughga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

8 hours ago, HOTNGaga said:

Some songs are meant for dancing (like Just Dance :derpga: ), it would seem weird to not do choreography. I think it all just depends on the song, not on preference (IMO). Like some songs such as Poker Fave, Paparazzi and Edge Of Glory really don't need any specific dance moves, as long as she shows her energy through her voice.

And I think she's solid with guitars now that she's been playing them for LG5, I'd love to hear her alone with one. 

This!

crisTEAne

i live for her dance routines. i used to watch her performances with my mom and she used to laugh at her weird-ass moves and even tried to imitate them sometimes. :laughga: dancingGa is amazing! :heart:  however, if she doesn't feel like doing choreos again, that's also fine by me.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Reality

I'd like her to continue dancing, but it could also depend on the songs. For example, I don't think a song like ARTPOP needs a dance :green: 

But a song like Applause already has choreography built into it, so I'd rather her keep it. I think she's an awesome dancer and I could imagine her now, during the LG5 tour singing and dancing her heart away :firega:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

kabirartfling

If you delete the dwuw and venus choreo from her career, she is a pretty solid dancer.

Give your love to me

15jocart

Personally, I like her dancing. She looks great when she has it down. The most awkward parts for me are when she is just given these weird hand/finger movements but nothing for her lower half, so she and her army of backup dancers are basically just doing patty cake. She needs to be given moves that are either super smooth or purposely robotic, otherwise it just looks awkward. And like others said, not every song needs an actual routine. Just the high-energy dance songs, I don't expect her to break out into dance while singing Gypsy.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

DAVID VOGUER

It's like you've never listened to this 'manifesto' in the first place.

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

Archived