💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

next Tour - eliminate backing tracks

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

watching some live performances from tours, I think Gaga should completely eliminate backing tracks when performing live.  Use backup singers only, the musicians can trigger samples as needed.   I just find the backing tracks distract from the immediacy and "reality" of the performance, especially when they are too high in the mix.

Just do it all live, Gaga.  She and the band are more than capable of doing it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

that'll be too much :awkney:

i like it as it was so far

she just needs a better choreographer and dancers :madge:

blackstar
6 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

watching some live performances from tours, I think Gaga should completely eliminate backing tracks when performing live.  Use backup singers only, the musicians can trigger samples as needed.   I just find the backing tracks distract from the immediacy and "reality" of the performance, especially when they are too high in the mix.

Agree. She did that at the monster ball 

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

melodichard

I completely agree. I want to hear live music and singing when I go to a concert. She just needs some good back up singers like at the Monster Ball. 

Dominic

It would limit the dancing part of the performance and I imagine it would be extremely tiring for all the crew involved. 

My only issue is that the backing tracks are sometimes too loud and Gaga inaudible. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

HOTNebraskaGuy

YES! She needs to keep backup singers on stage with her to help sing the choruses so she can dance a bit more but either than that she should do it all alone! She's definitely able to do that. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

AmenTheNight

Well I actually prefer studio backing vocals over backup singers. I've never had a problem with that at any of her shows, or maybe for a few specific performances like HML, but right now it's literally the only one that comes to my mind.

And tbh, if more backing vocals mean more dancing, I have 0 problem with that.

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, AmenTheNight said:

And tbh, if more backing vocals mean more dancing, I have 0 problem with that.

so here for that :giveup: I need ChoreoGa more than oxygen :poot:

Miracle
35 minutes ago, blackstar said:

Monster Ball was very very very very very very very very theatrical. It was euphoric but not in the level artRAVE was where most of the songs included heavy moving and choreographies

NewYorkCity

Well, to be fair she mainly does it in an excesive way when the segment is long and there's a lot of choreo (like JD, PF, Telephone at the artRave for example).

But yeah, I would also like it to be the most live as possible.

jojuun
37 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

watching some live performances from tours, I think Gaga should completely eliminate backing tracks when performing live.  Use backup singers only, the musicians can trigger samples as needed.  I just find the backing tracks distract from the immediacy and "reality" of the performance, especially when they are too high in the mix.

I strongly disagree. Some of y'all think Gaga is some kind of superhuman and should hit opera notes while performing the Judas choreography. She is a POPstar, not Celine Dion. You get her full-blown live vocals during the acoustic part of every tour. For the choreographed numbers, it's physically impossible for her to perform every single song without backing track. It literally is the glue that holds it all together, it contains cues for her and it provides a support and comfort that's necessary. Not even BeyoncÊ, the queen of singing live while heavily dancing, is ever on tour without backing track. It's a must.

30 minutes ago, blackstar said:

She didn't. Just because you saw the backing singers doesn't mean she didn't have backing track. She had it throughout the entire Monster Ball except for the acoustic section. 

I don't get this website's obsession with backing tracks. The artist is still singing live, still engaging with the audience, what's the big deal? If Adele or Celine had a backing track, I'd understand, you're paying to see them stand behind a microphone and hear them sing. But Gaga is a PERFORMER, you come for the total experience, not just the vocals. So unless y'all are up for a tour full of ballads only, it's simply not gonna happen. It hasn't happened. No popstar that's dancing during their shows is 100% without backing track, I can assure you.

AJH219

I agree. Its a cheap and LAZY cop out, I'm not paying over $100 to hear the album played over the speakers. Sing live, without backing tracks, or gtfo tbh. I'll take vocals over choreography any day. Especially if she can't bother to hire someone decent to create choreography that doesn't look what you'd see at a middle school dance :awkney: 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

blackstar
8 minutes ago, jojuun said:

She didn't. Just because you saw the backing singers doesn't mean she didn't have backing track. She had it throughout the entire Monster Ball except for the acoustic section. 

you can hear backing singers very well here

edit: I mean, at some songs, she used backing tracks as well but not as much as she did at the artrave.

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Archived