Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My predictions for AOTY at the 2017 Grammys

Cssomeone

Featured Posts

Cssomeone

We are in early July, that moment of the year in which the "best of the year so far" lists start to pop up. I've read some of these lists and I've come to my own list with the albums I think we'll probably be nominated for Album of the Year at next year's Grammy Awards. And the nominees are:

25 - Adele

25-11-W320.jpg

Why I think it'll be nominated: Well, there is not much to say. This one is almost a lock-on. "25" has been a commercial success since its release. With very good critic reviews and high sales, its first single "Hello"  will very likely snatch some Grammys for Record and Song of the Year, and Best Pop Vocal Performance.

A Moon Shaped Pool - Radiohead

radiohead-moon-shaped-pool-album.jpg?w=3

Why I think it'll be nominated: This album marks the return of one of the most acclaimed contemporary rock bands. It has also been very well received by critics and fans. With a extremely good production and music score (The London Contemporary Orchestra is responsible for many strings and choirs), it wouldn't surprise me if they were nominated (or even won) for the biggest award of the night.

Blackstar - David Bowie

david-bowie-blackstar-620.jpg

Why I think it'll be nominated: "Blackstar" was released early this year, two days before Bowie's passing away.  Fans and critics agreed that this album was a masterpiece. After his death, this album (as well as Bowie's entire discography) had high sales and public exposure. It would not come as a surprise if Academy decided to pay homage to Bowie one more time and nominated this album.

Lemonade - Beyoncé

lemonade-W320.jpg

Why I think it'll be nominated: Along with Adele's "25", "Lemonade" has its reserved space among next year's nominees. Once again, Beyoncé released a surprise visual album which managed to received even better reviews than her lastest EP "Beyoncé". With a less commercial sound, different styles of music and production, and some interesting featurings, Beyoncé may take home the awards of the night.

Chance the Rapper - Coloring Book

screen-shot-2016-04-30-at-4-23-53-pm.png

Why I think it'll be nominated: After Adele's Pop/Soul, Radiohead's Alternative Music, Bowie's Rock and Beyoncé's R&B, the academy will probably want to nominate an artist with a very good album which fits a different genre of music. It could be Country or Dance, however things might take the same direction they did last year, in which all the nominnes for AotY belonged to different styles of music, and "Coloring Book" will probably fill the Rap/Hip-Hop spot instead of Kanye's "The Life of Pablo" as it has received better reviews and the Chicago rapper has been receiving quite a lot of buzz for a while.

So, what do you think about my choices? Who do you think will be nominated and/or win?

Thomas P

if lemonade doesn't win then me and the rest of the beyhive will burn down the staples centre...

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Swan Heart

Blackstar is for sure getting nominated. Hopefully it will win too.

Lemonade is getting nominated too, that's known.

I would be really happy for Radiohead if the album gets some recognition, since I love them so much. The album deserves it too. It probably won't win AOTY but maybe it will get the award for the Alternative Album category.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

JustAnotherDay

Views will probably be nominated over Coloring Book, it isn't Drake's best but it has been  extremely successful and it isn't a bad album so I think it will be more likely

was NickARTPOP

BULATIO

...And the winner is... THIS IS ACTING - SIA :what:

fighting buryat

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, MONSTERBABY said:

...And the winner is... THIS IS ACTING - SIA :what:

:neyde:

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

Views will probably be nominated over Coloring Book, it isn't Drake's best but it has been  extremely successful and it isn't a bad album so I think it will be more likely

But with all the amazing albums released, one that is kind of okay, but extremely commercially successful, I doubt would get nominated.

JustAnotherDay
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

But with all the amazing albums released, one that is kind of okay, but extremely commercially successful, I doubt would get nominated.

I understand where you are coming from but Views had giant success and it got a decent review with a metacritic score of 69, many album that have been nominated have had lower scores. I think that it is the most likely hip-hop album to be nominated from the perspective of the Grammy committee

was NickARTPOP

AddMeOnMYSPACE

I hope Trisha Paytas and Charlie puth gets a nomination :excited2:

jk But i would love to see Beyonce or David Bowie get a nom (Even take home the AOTY Award) :excited2:

ItsTommyBitch

I hope Views doesn't get nominated, Its not even Drake's best album :neyde: 

Lemonade should win, but I can see Blackstar winning as well. 25 doesn't deserve it the same way 1989 didn't deserve it in my books :crossed: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Versace

I have a feeling Lemonade will get it 

has Beyonce ever gotten the award for one of her solo albums ?

zakariah
58 minutes ago, NickARTPOP said:

I understand where you are coming from but Views had giant success and it got a decent review with a metacritic score of 69, many album that have been nominated have had lower scores. I think that it is the most likely hip-hop album to be nominated from the perspective of the Grammy committee

Teenage Dream teas :hor:

Archived