question

Can Gaga be nominated for a VMA?

Stephen

Featured Posts

Stephen

Maybe "Best Video with a Social Message"? She won (and basically invented) that category in 2011.

Fernster7

Hopefully she is nominated and wins, after a killer performance of LG5's lead single.:giveup:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Andrew Warhola

Is there a "Best Tribute Act" category?

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

yASSsss

if she's performing,i'm sure she'll receive the nom and win the trophy:diane:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Born To Slay

If she performs her lead single there then they'll probably give it to her

nikola

maybe..........but if she is really performing this year than her chances are bigger

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Didymus

She better not win that :rip: She doesn't even appear in it, didn't direct it, didn't write the treatment. Come on.

Born To Slay

Considering last years winner peaked at number 82, Gaga could win it. However the VMAs are rigged af, so we will see.

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She better not win that She doesn't even appear in it, didn't direct it, didn't write the treatment. Come on.

Does it really matter? It's not like the VMAs are fair anyway. Last year was so the most rigged yet.

Swan Heart

Isn't it the director the one who should be taking the award?

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

mister max
16 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

Is there a "Best Tribute Act" category?

I hope that they create this category for gaga this year like they did with the video with a message category :excited2:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Didymus
6 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Does it really matter? It's not like the VMAs are fair anyway. Last year was so the most rigged yet.

True :air:

I feel that way about the Grammy's now too, basically lol. Can't take an award show seriously that nominates Teenage Dream as Album of the Year :diane:

I guess it would still be nice if she won so she can make a speech about the issue, and hopefully (and probably) dedicate the award to the director etc. anyway.

Born To Slay
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

True

I feel that way about the Grammy's now too, basically lol. Can't take an award show seriously that nominates Teenage Dream as Album of the Year

I guess it would still be nice if she won so she can make a speech about the issue, and hopefully (and probably) dedicate the award to the director etc. anyway.

Well in all fairness to Teenage Dream it was a record breaking album. I was referring to the songs that no one knew and were commercial failures. that said, I agree the Grammys are rigged. These award shows are biased toward certain artists.

And Yeah, I'm sure Gaga would do that. And if Gaga does decide to perform her new single at the VMAs, it'd be a little more special if she were a nominee. 

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Well in all fairness to Teenage Dream it was a record breaking album.

Commercial success alone should not qualify for being up there with the best albums of the year who are nominated for quality, not quantity :interestinga:

That nomination was an unforgivable atrocity, point blank. The critics hated that album. It's like The Martian being nominated for Best Comedy at the Golden Globes. :interestinga: 

But yeah, glad we agree it's rigged at least :gaycat:

Archived