throwback

When Gaga teased ARTPOP album cover in BTW video

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

This still gives me my goddamn life. 

The ARTPOP album cover was literally a scene within the "Born This Way" video.... What kind of crazy illuminati sh-t is that?! 

I love this woman. 

51f315.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne
10 minutes ago, gagata said:

yes, how about this

giphy.gif

Exactly!! It's all there! The statue/album cover is truly a work of art representing everything that she had been from 2008-2013. I nearly squealed when I first saw this cover art with 'The Fame' era wig! And the "disco ball" inspired gazing ball... What more could you ask for from an album themed around pop art? A throwback to 'The Fame' of course... 

The whole era was so inspired, it's ridiculous. 

I'm thirsty as hell for LG5, but I honestly do not expect it to even come close to the admiration I have for the ARTPOP project. 

gagata
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Exactly!! It's all there! The statue/album cover is truly a work of art representing everything that she had been from 2008-2013. I nearly squealed when I first saw this cover art with 'The Fame' era wig! And the "disco ball" inspired gazing ball... What more could you ask for an an album themed around pop art? A throwback to 'The Fame' of course... 

The whole era was so inspired, it's ridiculous. 

I'm thirsty as hell for LG5, but I honestly do not expect it to even come close to the admiration I have for the ARTPOP project. 

ok, ARTPOP was the only album that i've listened to all the songs, idk why people hates it

ReidOne
Just now, gagata said:

ok, ARTPOP was the only album that i've listened to all the songs, idk why people hates it

I literally left the CD in my car for an entire YEAR and played it front to back, every day, driving to and from work. It's flawless. 

ReidOne

I'm so ready for the new era, but I'm just so nervous. I really feel like the rejection of 'ARTPOP' really scarred her confidence. I mean, after the lukewarm response to BTW album, I really felt like 'ARTPOP' was a very intense effort on her part to "return to form" and deliver the straightforward EDM bops that the GP and fans seemed to want from her. But when they rejected that and laughed in her face, I think she really became lost. 

As much as I've enjoyed the last 2 years of her doing "mainstream" things that appeal to the GP, it really, really makes me worried that she's lost touch with that ultra-creative and unique disco girl from the Lower East Side NYC bar scene that was her identity. I know it's still there in her heart, but she's so far removed from it now and has faced so much mockery that I really worry we won't see it again in her artistic output. 

I just want to go up to her and give her a huge hug and say "we love you exactly as you are and there is no reason at all to ever change..... keep giving us life through your creative inspiration, no matter what the GP may think of it." 

We need our disco queen!!! 

1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

I literally left the CD in my car for an entire YEAR and played it front to back, every day, driving to and from work. It's flawless. 

me too

ApplauseftAdele
2 minutes ago, gagata said:

people hate it cuz the era was managed badly so they have negative association with it :/

ReidOne
Just now, ApplauseftAdele said:

people hate it cuz the era was managed badly so they have negative association with it :/

That's what hurts me the most, tbh. People forgot to just listen to the MUSIC. And to explore the concepts that were inherent within the album itself. 

"Music not the bling"

ReidOne

Sorry, did not intend to start another thread debating ARTPOP and casting skepticism on LG5... lord knows we've done those topics to death. 

But started this post to admire the creative thought she put into that ARTPOP cover. And how I have never in my LIFE known an artist to literally embed their follow-up album cover into the music video of the prior era, 2 years before the new one saw the light of day. It's extremely inspiring. 

kabirartfling

I think this is more accurate to the ARTPOP album cover discription. She is clearly fascinated with birthing :flutter:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYMPa3lzCVJgKGansyGOY

Give your love to me

ReidOne
4 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

I think this is more accurate to the ARTPOP album cover discription. She is clearly fascinated with birthing :flutter:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYMPa3lzCVJgKGansyGOY

Oooooohh.... yes, I see it there, too! 

LUO YI
16 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

That's what hurts me the most, tbh. People forgot to just listen to the MUSIC. And to explore the concepts that were inherent within the album itself. 

"Music not the bling"

:air: I'm a true reverse ARTPOPian expedition. I love the era and all its flaws,  but the music kills it. I like the songs but the noise and the poor mixing just... :air: It also happens with BTW, I listen to them a few minutes only.  :queenga: I don't want to have a headache. 

The night sky tells all

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, Prince Bananas said:

:air: I'm a true reverse ARTPOPian expedition. I love the era and all its flaws,  but the music kills it. I like the songs but the noise and the poor mixing just... :air: It also happens with BTW, I listen to them a few minutes only.  :queenga: I don't want to have a headache. 

See, just a difference of opinion/taste, but I think the mixing on ARTPOP was the best of her career (other than TFM, of course). 

I really felt like it was her return to form! 

Archived