đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Azealia Banks decides to bleach her skin white

Pharamon

Featured Posts

Katharine Hepburn

Does this count as cultural appropriation of white culture?

xoxo Joanne

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pharamon
15 minutes ago, Roomingfree77 said:

thank you for kindness.. :)

Azealia Banks

azealia-banks.jpg

Iggy Azalea

31BDD36D00000578-3471656-image-a-75_1456

babysatan

Like really people, don't talk about an issue you don't even have the full information about. Y'all be looking so extremely corny criticizing her for something that has been taken completely out of context. It's like calling Gaga mean for saying that Taylor Swift is full of **** without even watching the full clip. God, you wont come far in life if you don't read the **** you talk about or be critical about the sources you get information from.

Roomingfree77
1 minute ago, babysatan said:

Like really people, don't talk about an issue you don't even have the full information about. Y'all be looking so extremely corny criticizing her for something that has been taken completely out of context. It's like calling Gaga mean for saying that Taylor Swift is full of **** without even watching the full clip. God, you wont come far in life if you don't read the **** you talk about or be critical about the sources you get information from.

I remember MJ use to whiten but he had a skin condition like vilitigo or luerocema or sumptin' like that..:(

babysatan
4 minutes ago, Roomingfree77 said:

I remember MJ use to whiten but he had a skin condition like vilitigo or luerocema or sumptin' like that..:(

Yes and people threw him under the bus saying that he wanted to be white and therefore bleached his skin when he actually had vitiligo. People need to get their facts straight before talking,talking out of your ass causes so much harm.

elijahfan
16 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Honestly, let her do what she wants. I don't like her attitude, but she's right, it is HER body.

I think the reason most people have a problem with this is the fact this is in total contradiction with her previous statements about racism and cultural appropriation.

elijahfan

If she doesn't see the correlation between skin bleaching and race, that's her issue, but she has to realize that the world doesn't bend to her every contradiction. If she really thinks this kind of body modification doesn't send a different message than a nose job, then she's just plain delusional and stupid.

It's ok to do whatever you want to your body, everyone has valid reasons to do so and we should all respect that, but at least don't pretend like those things have no cultural implications whatsoever.

Brian Ryan

Azealia Banks has defended skin bleaching in an extraordinary video.

The outspoken rapper, who has raged at the likes of Iggy Azalea for 'cultural appropriation' and even Beyonce for her portrayal of black women in her visual film for her latest album Lemonade, has claimed that she's started to bleach her skin.

In a 21-minute video for Facebook live, Azealia compared her skin-bleaching to 'body modification' and insisted that it wasn't that much different from wearing hair extensions and weaves.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/azealia-banks-defends-skin-bleaching-8349906

How can you say white people are appropriating black culture and bleach your skin at the same time? :toofunny: I have lost my respect for her even more. She was such a beautiful black woman. You can get skin cancer from bleaching your skin. Putting weave in your hair is not the same and if you are going to put weave in your hair make sure it does not damage your hair. Thoughts?

kabirartfling

I remember her dragging beyonce and nicki minaj once for bleaching their bodies (knees & stuff) :grr:

Queen of reverse dragging expedition :applause:

Give your love to me

monsterdino
18 hours ago, Luc said:

She has a valid point. But be consistent. If you believe reverse racism doesn't exist, accuse everyone of cultural appropriation, etc I don't understand how you would see this as right?

Yeah because white people were slaves to black people, yeah because white people struggle everyday because of their skin, Mary stfu!

Morphine Prince

She has self-hate issues. That's why she lashes out the way she does. I feel sorry for her. She is really talented but she needs help. Hopefully she can address her personal issues and return to sharing her gifts with the world. 

AlexanderLevi2
3 hours ago, babysatan said:

Yes, I'm sure I won't get far in life because I didn't want the whole 30 minute live stream :air: I don't have enough time to waste on this woman. Do what she wants, let her be, and see her career never again.

Currently listening to Joanne

Dominic
14 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

You can get skin cancer from bleaching your skin. Putting weave in your hair is not the same and if you are going to put weave in your hair make sure it does not damage your hair. Thoughts?

You can get skin cancer from using sunbeds. People use tanning injections and other means to darken their skin. 

The only difference is that it must be a racial thing or an insecurity if black people alter their skin whereas it's acceptable for white people. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived