opinion

Venus: why we stan so hard for it

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Gagas love

this song is truly unique.

I feel like gaga should create a whole album made by herself only. like venus. pure stefani track. imagine pure stefani album...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo
20 hours ago, ReidOne said:

Random opinion, but just throwing it out there... the reason all of us stan so hard for "Venus" and the reason we get so upset about 'ARTPOP' and DWUW and all of the mess that came after is because we know, deep down, that "Venus" is the ***ultimate*** Gaga song.

It literally does not get any better ---or any more Gaga--- than "Venus." 

That is all. 

I actually prefer ARTPOP over Venus as a song. but I will also bop my unshaved bussy to Venus. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

soundwave
23 hours ago, ReidOne said:

Random opinion, but just throwing it out there... the reason all of us stan so hard for "Venus" and the reason we get so upset about 'ARTPOP' and DWUW and all of the mess that came after is because we know, deep down, that "Venus" is the ***ultimate*** Gaga song.

It literally does not get any better ---or any more Gaga--- than "Venus." 

That is all. 

Venus is so good because it follows the most, if not all of, the six rules of any great Gaga song (which both Poker Face and Bad Romance follow).

These are: 

1. Gaga is meant to convey a sexy, spooky energy. Result: Gaga would not release any major-key singles. Minor keys only. None of these seven singles is in a major key.

2. Gaga’s presence on the charts is monolithic, immovable. Result: Gaga would begin every verse (and most choruses) on the establishing i chord, that is, the root chord of the minor-key the song is in, suggesting permanence, an inevitability.

3. Gaga’s gaze upon the pop landscape is unflinching, unblinking. Result: Gaga would never do a single that modulated to another key. (Exception: “Paparazzi”)

4. Gaga is human, obeys her base impulses, with no uplifting effervescence or fluttery naiveté. So, despite the best advice of certain music writers, Gaga would never allow any of her dance-floor fillers to feature syncopated rhythms. Only repetitious juggernaut eighth-note patterns, please. (Exception: “LoveGame.”)

5. Gaga isn’t above high-fiving a stereotype once in a while. So, many of these singles feature spoken-word breakdowns with overtones of wide-eyed infantilism (“disco stick,” “bluffin’ with my muffin”) or French-maid fetishism (“Alejandro’s” intro, “j’veux ton amour et je veux ton revanche” [sic]).

6. Gaga has her sights set on the world stage, not just English-speaking countries. Result: All of these singles repeat the song title enough times so as to penetrate the language barrier. On her first five singles, she sings the song’s title 18, 30, 34, nine, and 36 times, respectively—I gave up counting by the time I got to “Alejandro.”

Phoebe

Venus is a great song, one of my favorites from ARTPOP. Even my BF likes it! Whenever we're listening to music from my computer he always requests me to play Venus and G.U.Y. :woohoo:

VforVendetta
On 3/7/2016 at 0:56 PM, Britney Spears said:

I didn't say they have the same melody or chords though. 

Music style is mainly defined by melody or chords though. What confuses you and makes you believe that they have the same style is the way Gaga sings them and nothing more.

Alien Tulip
On 7/3/2016 at 5:18 AM, ReidOne said:

Folks who hate on 'ARTPOP' do not realize that they are hating on Gaga giving us her peak. 

Back in January 2016 Gaga said The Fame and The Fame Monster were works she was proud of and she referred to them as her "Golds". She said she's happy that she's in a place where she can write music without being forced fed what to do like with ARTPOP. Are you saying Gaga is hating on her own peak? 

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, VforVendetta said:

Music style is mainly defined by melody or chords though. What confuses you and makes you believe that they have the same style is the way Gaga sings them and nothing more.

Music Style has NOTHING to do with "melody" and "chords".You are probably slightly confused..2 songs can have a totally different melody and chords and still have the same style.. My opinion is that the choruses have kind of the same structure and yeah it surely has to do with Gaga's vocals as well 

PS. Judas and Bad Romance have NO same chords or same melody but it's so obvious how similar they sound

VforVendetta
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

Music Style has NOTHING to do with "melody" and "chords".You are probably slightly confused..2 songs can have a totally different melody and chords and still have the same style.. My opinion is that the choruses have kind of the same structure and yeah it surely has to do with Gaga's vocals as well 

PS. Judas and Bad Romance have NO same chords or same melody but it's so obvious how similar they sound

The have similar progression on the chorus though. And yes, vocals play a very important role.

Fiona Apple
5 minutes ago, VforVendetta said:

The have similar progression on the chorus though

Lol no they don't.They simply have the same structure.They both have an "oh oh" part after the chorus (Venus has that too in a way). They have similar vocals on the chorus. They both have a weird random catchy hook "Ra ra ah ah ah" "Judas Juda-a-as". And they both have big melodic memorable choruses.The chords and the melodies are no similar in anyway (I play both songs on the piano and I can clearly tell that)

Edit:No doubts about the vocals

VforVendetta
1 minute ago, Britney Spears said:

Lol no they don't.They simply have the same structure.They both have an "oh oh" part after the chorus (Venus has that too in a way). They have similar vocals on the chorus. They both have a weird random catchy hook "Ra ra ah ah ah" "Judas Juda-a-as". And they both have big melodic memorable choruses.The chords and the melodies are no similar in anyway (I play both songs on the piano and I can clearly tell that)

If you do play them on the piano the I'm fold yet even if you compare them structure-wise Venus is not that similar to Bad Romance.

Archived