šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

Will R&B/HipHops New Popularity Hurt LG5

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Brian Ryan
1 hour ago, Andrew Warhola said:

This demoĀ came out 7 months before DWUW was released. (You can look at the date on youtube)

Now this sounds like DWUW. Still, DWUW does not sound like the others.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

I heard the first time. I did not need for you to go Fergie and spell out the words. Oh and I'm sure if that happened the songs would not have been popular no one's paying attention to that any way DWUW was not even that big of a song it could've been but it still came from a flop album I don't think people were taking notes.... just saying.

The first time you quoted me you completely missed the point. I never said they were 90% similar. My point has always been about the pulsating bass and how many other pop songs had something similar after DWUW was released.

Do you think Dr. Luke tweeting about it and publicly praising it isn't taking notes? Somehow Taylor Swift explicitly saying she loved ARTPOP and later on releases an album with a song featuring the same bass is just pure coincidence?

I mean it's one thing to have just one song feature something similar, but we're talking about three-four pop songs here.

Do you also deny the sax trend that happened with Talk Dirty to Me and Worth It, and the other pop songs after that had sax?

Ā 

Ā 

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Andrew Warhola said:

This demoĀ came out 7 months before DWUW was released. (You can look at the date on youtube)

I acknowledged this in my earlier post. However, this isn't the least bit pop music. It's very psychedelic.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Brian Ryan
4 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

The first time you quoted me you completely missed the point. I never said they were 90% similar. My point has always been about the pulsating bass and how many other pop songs had something similar after DWUW was released.

Do you think Dr. Luke tweeting about it and publicly praising it isn't taking notes? Somehow Taylor Swift explicitly saying she loved ARTPOP and later on releases an album with a song featuring the same bass is just pure coincidence?

I mean it's one thing to have just one song feature something similar, but we're talking about three-four pop songs here.

Do you also deny the sax trend that happened with Talk Dirty to Me and Worth It, and the other pop songs after that had sax?

Ā 

Ā 

I see the sax, but others no. Just because Taylor Swift liked DWUW didn't mean she went out to copy it. Dr. Luke praising it does not mean anything. What makes you guys happy. I suppose the song is 0.9% similar.

Brian Ryan
13 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I acknowledged this in my earlier post. However, this isn't the least bit pop music. It's very psychedelic.

It sounds like DWUW remix to me.

DeanWinchester
11 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

I see the sax, but others no. Just because Taylor Swift liked DWUW didn't mean she went out to copy it. Dr. Luke praising it does not mean anything. What makes you guys happy. I suppose the song is 0.9% similar.

So you see the sax in just chorus parts but ignore the bass in songs where it could even span the whole song.Ā :interestinga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

HausOfNicole
2 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

Hope for humanity in terms of music is not lost :giveup:I'm glad someone here knows what the hell R&B and Hip Hop is...

I blame Billboard TBH. Anyone who is black is just lumped into R&B/Hip-Hop. Urban, trap, rap, etc. are their own genres, and should not be listed as R&B or Hip-Hop.

SamJ

I think pop has shifted into RnB/hip hop based music. That is what pop is now. Its basically because of rihanna's supreme reign as queen of the world

Slayer

No. Get ready for rock n' roll.Ā 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canŹ¹t look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, etron said:

No. Get ready for rock n' roll.Ā 

"Gaga leads the new Rock n Roll wave"

"Gaga inspires Eagles to regroup; will collaborate"

"How Gaga's rock power ballad wiped away the competition"

"Rock n roll n Gaga"

"Gaga changes music landscape again; bubblegum pop now despised:stalkga:"

Ā 

I can get behind that.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

StrawberryBlond

At this moment in time, a lot of different trends are flying around on the music scene and it's hard to know which direction to go in to be guaranteed a hit now. Being a bit different is what's in vogue more than anything. Gaga has been gone so long and hasn't had a proper hit in so long that her absence alone may be enough to draw people back to her, whatever she releases. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Brian Ryan
12 hours ago, HausOfNicole said:

I blame Billboard TBH. Anyone who is black is just lumped into R&B/Hip-Hop. Urban, trap, rap, etc. are their own genres, and should not be listed as R&B or Hip-Hop.

Just not billboard awards shows. Almost every music outlet. I remember Goldfrapp accepted an award and said thank you, but this was not an R&B album or song.

Brian Ryan
12 hours ago, UK Monster said:

I think pop has shifted into RnB/hip hop based music. That is what pop is now. Its basically because of rihanna's supreme reign as queen of the world

Rihanna does not do R&B..... rhythm and blues

SamJ
2 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

Rihanna does not do R&B..... rhythm and blues

she does. 4 of the top 10 songs in the RnB billboard charts in the US are by rihanna

Archived