💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why "Summerboy" is considered underrated...

Jewelsnauras

Featured Posts

kabirartfling

I think its easier to define overrated songs with an example like DITD, Schiesse, Starstruck, Gypsy. All these songs are the prime candidates of being overrated!

Give your love to me

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne
9 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

I think its easier to define overrated songs with an example like DITD, Schiesse, Starstruck, Gypsy. All these songs are the prime candidates of being overrated!

WUT?

Come_at_me_bro_Ravenna.gif

it's not overrated; rather, it's polarizing: some find that it's the best song on ARTPOP, while some argue that it's the worst. i belong to the former category: it's probably my fave from the album. 

tumblr_mwe9l3a7XD1qjdybto1_r1_250.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

SirLudicopro
5 minutes ago, T E A said:

WUT?

Come_at_me_bro_Ravenna.gif

it's not overrated; rather, it's polarizing: some find that it's the best song on ARTPOP, while some argue that it's the worst. i belong to the former category: it's probably my fave from the album. 

tumblr_mwe9l3a7XD1qjdybto1_r1_250.gif

Tell him the truth sis :hug:

OT: I LOVE Summerboy, definitely in my top 20 Gaga songs.

crisTEAne
Just now, SirLudicopro said:

Tell him the truth sis :hug:

OT: I LOVE Summerboy, definitely in my top 20 Gaga songs.

remember when gagz referred to the haus of gaga as a gyspy camp? :nick: 

OT: i like the vibe of summerboy. i radiates sunshine, tbh.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Lord Temptation

What's a summerboy anyway? Is it a metaphor for a holiday f*ck? 

Bradley
1 hour ago, super ultra said:

Yes :saladga: Everyone hates it except me :firega:

Apparently @Didymus loves it.

Edit: It's about us loving Retro, Dance, Freak, so you don't have to scroll back to see what we were talking about. :chica:

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Apparently @Didymus loves it.

Edit: It's about us loving Retro, Dance, Freak, so you don't have to scroll back to see what we were talking about. :chica:

Omg. I'm willing to sweep all my bad feelings regarding our unfortunate interaction aside based on this :giveup::chica:

I love that song to death. I get like genuinely sad every time I see its bad rep here :madge:

But I'm also genuinely thrilled when I find fans who love it :nick:

@super ultra So bless ya :sara:

Bradley
14 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Omg. I'm willing to sweep all my bad feelings regarding our unfortunate interaction aside based on this :giveup::chica:

I love that song to death. I get like genuinely sad every time I see its bad rep here :madge:

But I'm also genuinely thrilled when I find fans who love it :nick:

@super ultra So bless ya :sara:

I thought you erased some of the bad feelings the last time we talked. Glad to know that we're on even friendlier terms now. :chica:

I just listened to it again because of this thread and I am so slain, for some reason it sounds like what LG5 would sound like (at least in my imagination). :giveup: Every time I listen to this, I picture a music video of Gaga strutting in a smoky bar.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Bradley Cooper said:

for some reason it sounds like what LG5 would sound like. :giveup:

Omg I wish.

lady_gaga_praying_themindslut.jpg

PopThatArt
4 hours ago, Jewelsnauras said:

Okay, so something I notice in this fandom quite often: Person A saying "Summerboy is so underrated", and Person B saying "no its not"

Lemme explain something real quick. OVERrated means "have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved." Most of the general Monsters hate "Summerboy", consider it to be basic, always drag it etc. All people do is find ONE Summerboy stan and automatically assume it's the most OVERrated track in her discography, when stans of the song are becoming rarer and rarer day by day. When people say "Summerboy is underrated" they're not exactly wrong. Of course it sounds like an odd phrase but it exists for a reason.

Just my opinion :diane:

I think it's a fun pop song but it's no The Edge of Glory or You & I.

Go see A Star is Born

DirrtyPony

Summerboy gets attention from fans on here, but that's about it. I would say it's definitely underrated.

It's one of my favorites. Makes me want to cruise to the beach with my windows down. So breezy and beautiful :flutter: It was my Summer anthem a few years back.

Strung out for another taste

ThisGuyTony

The song has a different sound and vibe from the other songs on The Fame which makes it one of my top fave songs from her. :3

paganpoetry

RDF, Disco Heaven, Summerboy, and Brown Eyes are some of my faves off The Fame and I get so sad when people can't appreciate their diversion from the pop monster that is the rest of the album :giveup:

BJORK MELANIE HALSEY BEYONCE NICKI GAGA KERLI IIRIS IMOGEN TROYE SHINEE EXO F(X)

Judas Oyster
19 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

Underrated masterpiece Disco Heaven is better :green:  

No - Retro, Dance, Freak is :green:

Edit: I mean, yes Disco heaven over Summerboy, but Retro over Disco :derpga:

Archived