Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

TIME magazine comes for Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

Hm. If they don't felt for it let it be. If they don't say anything about it it doesn't mean they're happy about the attack. They're not obligated. And specially Nicki, has she ever showed support before regarding LGBT themes? Like new laws and stuff? Then nobody should expect her to tweet about this o.O

Just like people we're saying that Gaga needed to tweet or something about it. She didn't need to, but she's normally defending this cases, and therefore people expect it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rebel Heart

I can understand the expectation for stars like Gaga and Madonna to show support for this tragedy just because of how much vocal support they've given in the past and if they didn't it might look fake to some people and might look like they exploited the gay community for their own gain. But Taylor and Nicki don't owe anyone their thoughts on this tragedy. The Taylor comment was so ridiculous. Like do you expect Gaga to tweet #BlackLivesMatter every time an unarmed black person is shot by police just because of the lyrics "No matter black, white or beige, chola or orient made I'm on the right track, baby I was born to be brave" in Born This Way? And the Nicki comment was also ridiculous. That affected her directly. She can talk about the issues that effect her directly without having to speak about other issues. Do you expect some one who's so vocal about workers rights when they're a worker themselves to also be so vocal about gay rights when they're not gay? Pathetic attemp to drag them tbh

Hey Girl is the best song of Gaga's career #Justice4HeyGirl

Brian Ryan
1 hour ago, Mister Gaga said:

This is not negativity, it's just exposing the truth. Showing who are the ones that really care about the LGBT community in all type of contexts, and who "supports" it when their albums are being released. 

Just because they do not do a speech or get on twitter does not mean a damn thing. They can still support without doing that to say otherwise is complete bullshit. you know why? Because at the end of day 50 people are dead and 50 people in a hospital. A damn speech does help, but also even if they are just praying at their home helps. At the end of the day, the true help is not going to come until gun laws at least change cause all of these damn speeches that people have been doing have not done **** and massive shootings are still occurring...

Alcina Dimitrescu
16 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

Just because they do not do a speech or get on twitter does not mean a damn thing. They can still support without doing that to say otherwise is complete bullshit. you know why? Because at the end of day 50 people are dead and 50 people in a hospital. A damn speech does help, but also even if they are just praying at their home helps. At the end of the day, the true help is not going to come until gun laws at least change cause all of these damn speeches that people have been doing have not done **** and massive shootings are still occurring...

i used to dislike you a lot back in 2011. Now i dont. Bravo.

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Rebel Heart said:

I can understand the expectation for stars like Gaga and Madonna to show support for this tragedy just because of how much vocal support they've given in the past and if they didn't it might look fake to some people and might look like they exploited the gay community for their own gain. But Taylor and Nicki don't owe anyone their thoughts on this tragedy. The Taylor comment was so ridiculous. Like do you expect Gaga to tweet #BlackLivesMatter every time an unarmed black person is shot by police just because of the lyrics "No matter black, white or beige, chola or orient made I'm on the right track, baby I was born to be brave" in Born This Way? And the Nicki comment was also ridiculous. That affected her directly. She can talk about the issues that effect her directly without having to speak about other issues. Do you expect some one who's so vocal about workers rights when they're a worker themselves to also be so vocal about gay rights when they're not gay? Pathetic attemp to drag them tbh

No, they don't.

And even though it costs them nothing to send a prayer to the grieving members of a community who idolises them and looks up to them, they don't need to say a word.

It's absolutely their choice to give us the cold shoulder in times where we need to hear voices of support.

Ferrer Zorola
10 hours ago, Sycamore said:

Nicki  was never honest about LGBT rights. She is exploiting the LGBT community. I usually don't say things like this, but how and when did she ever helped the Community?

didn't she even say she was bisexual and then denied it? :wtf:

LIFE IS GOOD

Serendipity

Celebrities are no way entitled to these.

Tweets can give a sense of hope, but it can't change what has been lost.

A tweet won't bring back the ones who have been taken away, a tweet won't pay for the costs for those dependent on the ones who died.

In the end, does it really matter?....

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Evan Peters

celebrities get dragged for tweeting support, and they also get dragged for not saying anything. it's pretty annoying. I've said it once and i'll say it again: it's not a celebrity's job to fulfill your social justice desires.  Is it nice when they do? Obviously, but nothing is more annoying than people bitching about a celeb staying quiet. Most stay quiet because they're accused of pandering to **** anyways lol. 

emma roberts is an abuser

GagaMyBlood95

It's not like a few tweets are going to help, like really help in any way, BUT I think that it can mean some comfort for those who follow these celebs and are affected by this tragedy. It will definitely mean something to them, so yes I think they should have at least tweeted because it literally means nothing to them to tweet or to release a facebook statement or whatever, but it might mean something to someone else.

Didymus

Well, where was Gaga's support for the LGBT community when she was performing in Azerbaijan and took a million dollars for singing a deluded song without mentioning the struggles that country faces in terms of gay rights once, not on the ground, not on Twitter, not ever? :poot:

It's always easy to find instances where a celebrity claiming to speak for an issue fails in one way or another. Anyone pretending Gaga has a perfect record on LGBT+ support is just fooling themselves. No one has a perfect record in philanthropy. So for this distinguished magazine to write that piece of **** article, just wow. Like a tween blog. Besides, what's more self-defeating than demanding celebs to be philanthropic?

Levine

Better nothing than being fake like many of them. A tweet isn't enough, sorry. 

I do think Tay and Nicki don't care about LGBT community, but at least they are not hypocritical 

Bellatrix

People are putting way too much weight on Twitter. Like how is a tweet going to solve anything?
Just because you don't tweet doesn't mean you don't care. 

I'd rather them not talk at all if it isn't genuine. 

Maybe if we focused on how we can prevent the shootings from happening again, instead of the social implication of whether a country/pop singer tweeted about it or not, we'd actually get somewhere. :awkney:

2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Well, where was Gaga's support for the LGBT community when she was performing in Azerbaijan and took a million dollars for singing a deluded song without mentioning the struggles that country faces in terms of gay rights once, not on the ground, not on Twitter, not ever? :poot:

It's always easy to find instances where a celebrity claiming to speak for an issue fails in one way or another. Anyone pretending Gaga has a perfect record on LGBT+ support is just fooling themselves. No one has a perfect record in philanthropy. So for this distinguished magazine to write that piece of **** article, just wow. Like a tween blog. Besides, what's more self-defeating than demanding celebs to be philanthropic?

I swear you make both some of the strongest and weakest points on this forum

why always at Gaga's expense? do you seriously think you're being realistic when you make (the most invalid) comparisons between her and these beyond fake cash cows? where were you until 2008 when not even ****ing Madonna was vocal (enough) about gay rights?

seriously, why are you doing this?

you know what you said about Baku was stupid. imagine (pun intended) how stupid she would look if she did that... like, hi Europe, you see, we're in Baku right now and this sports spirit celebration thing is cool and all but let me remind you they treat gays like **** here (they were more than generous and nice in my case tho xo) so yeah, the majority of the population here consists of backward homophobic bigots but let's pretend it's not culture and religion but rather just law and I can make real big change, okay? now let me sing born this way real quick. 

the "deluded song" was more than enough to send a message of peace and equality. if it was Minaj or Swift or anyone really, you wont get better than a medley of their latest and We Are the Champions, you know.

...like that one time you said she was ignorant about what was going on on the Gaza strip when she was in Tel Aviv with the Artrave... what did you expect her to say? it's like going to South Korea and talking about the border. it's ****ing war and even when the conflict isn't armed there's still tension. more than anything, it's a civil conflict the only solution to which is to forgive and forget all of their nations' history. the most she could do is offer an escape from their homeland's (century-long) reality by putting on a good pop show. there's an abundance of positive messages in her act. more than in any other pop star's besides MJ and that "deluded" guy.

and of course Swift and Minaj had to. it's not demanding philanthropy. it's demanding the support of the people whose bank accounts your community is the main supporter of.

• AyaKara locked this topic
  • AyaKara unlocked this topic

Archived