opinion

Thoughts of an Orlando Monster.

kaojen

Featured Posts

kaojen

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGkDugfDcFpoNYoCiEdFzMcEqB2A0S6Yz2rKl80/

I am currently sitting in my apartment, listening to the helicopters buzzing overhead. 

I live 3 blocks from Pulse. 

I moved to Orlando for university right at the time I fell in love with Lady Gaga. Exploring my sexuality,making friends, growing up. It all happened here. 

Pulse was a safe place to me. I met and mingled with so many great friends. I found friends with a common interest and heart. Yearly, Pulse had a Gaga themed night where we could dress up and sing along to our queen. At that time I never imagined Gaga would speak the name of that place, let alone based on tragedy. Pulse helped me explore my new relationship with my wife. I was there at Gaga nights making lifelong friends. Last night Pulse family said they were coming back bigger and better and stronger in the future. For that I am so grate full. People need that place, like I did and so many others. 

IMG_20160614_012305.jpg

I want to establish my ever grand gratitude for Gaga speaking of behalf of my community at the L.A. vigil. At the same moment, across the country, we as the city of Orlando were having our own vigil. I stood and sang with my chorus, the Orlando Gay Chorus, and cried in front of thousands of people. I heard 49 bells chime from the church behind me chime for far too long, as Gaga named the victims and spoke and wept with us from so far away.

Thank you to Gaga, and thank you to everyone from this whole community. 

DrewStevens

I'm glad to see you're looking forward. We can't let this or any tragedy silence our community and our movement. :hug:

VOLANTIS

I could never imagine what you're going through. I hope you're able to return to your old self soon. I wish you nothing but love and happiness. :hug:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

kabirartfling

Wow honestly reading this made tears leave my eyes! Its truely surprising that u guys have so much of courage and are so brave ! I feel happy that u guys are looking towards the future ahead of the tragedy! U guys are indeed  an inspiration :hug:

Give your love to me

Mikey Monster

Thank u so much for sharing ur story ur so beautiful inside and out. We are praying for the people in Orlando and if I could be there right now I would want to hug everyone in pain. We are with the people of Orlando and we love u so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Mikey McCampbell

AJH219

From one Orlando Monster to another, glad you're safe and sound <3 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

kaojen
13 minutes ago, AJH219 said:

From one Orlando Monster to another, glad you're safe and sound <3 

To you the same 😚

Stewful2929
13 hours ago, kaojen said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGkDugfDcFpoNYoCiEdFzMcEqB2A0S6Yz2rKl80/

I am currently sitting in my apartment, listening to the helicopters buzzing overhead. 

I live 3 blocks from Pulse. 

I moved to Orlando for university right at the time I fell in love with Lady Gaga. Exploring my sexuality,making friends, growing up. It all happened here. 

Pulse was a safe place to me. I met and mingled with so many great friends. I found friends with a common interest and heart. Yearly, Pulse had a Gaga themed night where we could dress up and sing along to our queen. At that time I never imagined Gaga would speak the name of that place, let alone based on tragedy. Pulse helped me explore my new relationship with my wife. I was there at Gaga nights making lifelong friends. Last night Pulse family said they were coming back bigger and better and stronger in the future. For that I am so grate full. People need that place, like I did and so many others. 

IMG_20160614_012305.jpg

I want to establish my ever grand gratitude for Gaga speaking of behalf of my community at the L.A. vigil. At the same moment, across the country, we as the city of Orlando were having our own vigil. I stood and sang with my chorus, the Orlando Gay Chorus, and cried in front of thousands of people. I heard 49 bells chime from the church behind me chime for far too long, as Gaga named the victims and spoke and wept with us from so far away.

Thank you to Gaga, and thank you to everyone from this whole community. 

I wish I could give you a hug. I'm so sorry. You are brave, and everyone is here for you standing with you.

Archived