💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Cheek 2 Cheek debuts at #1

DiegoMonster

C3C  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think C3C will have more success than it's predecessor?

Featured Posts

DiegoMonster

Let's all remember the slayage of TonyGaga was and still is.

The week of October 11, 2014, the jazz album by Goddess Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett 'Cheek To Cheek' was released and DEBUTED AT #1 WITH 131,000 PURE SALES, leaving behind (in a close race) Kenny Chesney and Streisand, making Gaga the first female artist with 3 consecutive number 1 albums in the 10s decade, earned a grammy award for Best Traditional Pop Album (I guess that's the name of the category?), grandpa Bennett became the oldest living act with a #1 album ever. and it has sold more than 717,000 copies in the US as of April 2016 (1,2M+ WW) almost surpassing her latest pop album ARTPOP.

When everybody thought Gaga was over, she was able to pull a 100k+ in sales with a jazz album fully made of covers, got her a worldwide vocal recognition and is still considered one of the best pop vocal artist of this generation. Nowdays artists are being left behind with full pop albums (Starting weeks of 100k or less) and some ppl bashed her for debuting w 131k, I mean, come on it was a jazz album!

And, I know all of you are not that excited about C3C coming probably this summer, but I AM! And I know some of you might do. Do you think their upcoming jazz record will be as successful as C2C? Will it debut at #1? What are your expectations? Are you hyped? Leave a comment :hor:

and don't forget...

er8uWNR.gif

Gimme that jazz that I love! 

Serendipity

I remember how it narrowly beat the #2 album by 1000 copies :air: 

Gotta thank this woman :giveup: 

er8uWNR.gif

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Pierre

QWEENS. I remember myself refreshing the pages to see the numbers of Miss Streisand :laughga: That was a close race. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

DiegoMonster
1 minute ago, Pierre said:

QWEENS. I remember myself refreshing the pages to see the numbers of Miss Streisand :laughga: That was a close race. 

1 minute ago, Baby Blue said:

er8uWNR.gif

Me too, she should hire her to promote LG5 and C3C aswell..

kabirartfling
2 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

er8uWNR.gif

Petition to bring her back for LG5

Give your love to me

crisTEAne

similar success, i hope. #TonyGaga slays. :flutter: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Pierre
6 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

Me too, she should hire her to promote LG5 and C3C aswell..

Is there any original video from that gif? :laughga: I would love to see that woman doing her magic. I tought she was the girl with 8 children, Jon and Kate and 8, or something. :flop: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

DiegoMonster
Just now, Pierre said:

Is there any original video from that gif? :laughga: I would love to see that woman doing her magic. I tought she was the girl with 8 children, Jon and Kate and 8, or something. :flop: 

:toofunny: she's hilarious

ViviLittleM

Loving this thread.

Grammy #1 Grammy is actually at 1,2M WW.

The new album won't be as successful. Because I don't see a lot of promo for it like CTC had.

Gaga will have her solo album, and her new tour...

Bebe
17 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

Let's all remember the slayage of TonyGaga was and still is.

The week of October 11, 2014, the jazz album by Goddess Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett 'Cheek To Cheek' was released and DEBUTED AT #1 WITH 131,000 PURE SALES, leaving behind (in a close race) Streisand

13 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Streisand was competition for The Grammy award. Country star Kenny Chesney was the artist who nearly claimed the top spot during C2C's first week.

DiegoMonster
Just now, Bebe said:

Streisand was competition for The Grammy award. Country star Kenny Chesney was the artist who nearly claimed the top spot during C2C's first week.

Oh always thought it was her, fixed it tho :laughga:

DiegoMonster
6 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Loving this thread.

Grammy #1 Grammy is actually at 1,2M WW.

The new album won't be as successful. Because I don't see a lot of promo for it like CTC had.

Gaga will have her solo album, and her new tour...

what about critics? She might get a little more good reactions since Metacritic gave her 64/100 based on some reviews.

ViviLittleM
3 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

what about critics? She might get a little more good reactions since Metacritic gave her 64/100 based on some reviews.

Metacritic is useless when it comes to Jazz album.

I don't understand why they added some reviews. The reviewers were pop reviewers. A mess. Jazz critics all loved the album, and I don't understand why reviews like Billboard or etc were included...

And in these reviews, they spoke more about Gaga than the album itself :giveup:

Archived