The problem with "Heavy Metal Lover"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
5 hours ago, Prince Bananas said:

I truly hate BTW when it comes to mixing :madge: It is my favourite album from Gaga, but I just can't hear it without having a headache. 

This. I love Born This Way, it had brilliant concepts and ideas but for some reason it's so loud and you really need good speakers to listen to the album. Otherwise it can sound really noisy.

Gardevoir

I noticed that Heavy Metal Lover is like a little more quieter than the rest of the album. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Benji

I love the loudness and roughness to Born This Way. It's got a real aged sound to it that helps give it a timeless feel whilst still sounding modern.

It would be interesting to hear a "cleaner" version of the album maybe if it was rereleased later in Gaga's career but it's perfect as it is.

Dayman

Ever since the Spice Girls I haven't liked Mark Stents mixing jobs - they're too loud and scratchy. Everything is fighting for dominance. Heavy Metal Lover may not be loud like the other tracks on Born This Way, but it's balanced and smooth. I just have it set to +3db when it plays in my music library so it's of equal volume to the rest of the album.

LUO YI
45 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

This. I love Born This Way, it had brilliant concepts and ideas but for some reason it's so loud and you really need good speakers to listen to the album. Otherwise it can sound really noisy.

Exactly. :diane:

The night sky tells all

Archived