Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can Gaga make a S&STour/Formation Tour in terms of grossing?

MaryJaneHolland

Can Gaga make a S&STour/Formation Tour in terms of grossing?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Can Gaga make a S&STour/Formation Tour in terms of grossing?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

I don't have to explain this, right? Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour is the 5th highest grossing tour of all time with 408M. Also The Formation Tour seems to be close to this..

So, the question is: If Gaga puts out a GP friendly/acclaimed album, will she be able to make a tour with similar box office/earning like these two?

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

maybe eventually, but i doubt with lg5

she seems to be making a rock album... that would be gp friendly i guess

3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

she seems to be making a rock album... that would be gp friendly i guess

Lol rock is no more GP friendly

Do you know any rock band debuted this century who gross at least 100 millions?

I think the question is can she do a full stadium tour. Thats the only way to get close to those numbers. Prismatic Tour was "GP friendly" and had heaps of dates, yet it made half of those tours with more than double the dates.

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, Chump said:

Lol rock is no more GP friendly

Do you know any rock band debuted this century who gross at least 100 millions?

U2 had THE HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME in 2009-2011

7 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Just because rock was popular in 70s, 80s and 90s, and U2 got popular in that time. + they don't tour often, so those people from 70s, 80s and 90s came to see them, that's simple

There's a reason why rock artists from this century can't gross even 50 millions

GloZell Green

If she appeals, yes. I'd love to sit down and see an LG5 commercial on the TV. Of course that goes along with how the album is promoted and things. Anyways saving my money too :stalkga: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Seeka
20 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

U2 debuted last century.

More recent would be Maroon 5 (though they barely count and and it's more "Adam Levine and these other dudes" at this point) Fall Out Boy, Green Day, and I don't know many other rocks bands that aren't from the 60s-90s.

3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

U2 debuted last century.

More recent would be Maroon 5 (though they barely count and and it's more "Adam Levine and these other dudes" at this point) Fall Out Boy, Green Day, and I don't know many other rocks bands that aren't from the 60s-90s.

Green Day debuted in 80s

Seeka

Green Day debuted in 80s

You see, I don't know much.

They just seemed recent because I remember one of their songs being popular back when I was in high school and the head singer had that emo rocker look with the eyeliner and spiky black hair.

Let me go and see if I can find that song...

Arizona Sky

No. I see her future tours performing similar or a bit better than the ArtRave. Even if she tries to do Stadiums, I don't think she'll do more than the Monster Ball.

1 minute ago, Seeka said:

You see, I don't know much.

They just seemed recent because I remember one of their songs being popular back when I was in high school and the head singer had that emo rocker look with the eyeliner and spiky black hair.

Let me go and see if I can find that song...

That's 21 Guns

Harry

As has already been said, probably not with the next album. But she could eventually.

She's already proved she can be a touring force. TMB and TBTWB both had shows that were very successful and pulled in big profits. And those numbers were very rare for an artist only one/two albums in. She's headlined stadiums before. ARTPOP kind of killed that momentum but another couple of huge albums and hits could fix it.

We forget that Gaga is still relatively new in comparison to people like Bey and Madge. She hasn't even been active commercially for a decade yet while Beyonce has almost two under her belt and Madonna has several. That kind of "legacy" factor seems to be very important for tour success.

So if the next two/three albums are big then there's no reason she can't.

Seeka

That's 21 Guns

It was. Though I can't believe you deduced that from just what I said he looked like.

Archived