šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

What happened to Gwen?

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Yuuri

What ever happened to Gwen Stefani? Back in 2005 and 2006 she was a highly popular artist. Recently she released "This Is What The Truth Feels Like", which so-far has three singles, "Used To Love You", "Make Me Like You", and "Misery", being her latest. As you know all three under performed.

I personally think this album should have rebooted her career, and made her popular again. Did she not pick the right songs for singles? Is she not promoting hard enough? Is Interscope saving their money for C3C?Ā 

JustPokeHerFace

She's in her mid-40s. It's not half as easy for a woman of that age to have a career in pop music as it was as recently as last decade. Sia might be the one exception, but that's because her roleĀ as a successful pop star in the United States is relatively recent, and she covers her face.Ā 

DeanWinchester

The GP is too deep in shitty music to recognize great music out of the norm they are fed

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JustAnotherDay

She took too long and people have kind of stopped caring, even though she looks young ageism also plays a part.

was NickARTPOP

Yuuri
1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

The GP is too deep in shitty music to recognize great music out of the norm they are fed

TBH if TIWTTFL gets nominated for any awards and wins, I wouldn't be suprised. Sadly every award is a popularity contest.

Helxig

There was something off about her new music that I can't really put my finger on! It's good, but I didn't find myself singing it later on or even going back frequently for another listen. Maybe she lost her touch a little bit with writing catch music, or maybe she didn't try so hard this time to write catchy hooks and melodies and just wrote what came naturally. I dunno really. And I think the GP probably feels the same way as I do about it. The fans of course would have been happy!

At the end of the day, even though she still looks 25, she is actually 40! Her life is probably quite comfortable and she's a mum etc

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

kabirartfling

Yes ! She totally deserves to be successful! After her album *FOR THE FIRST TIME* went to no.1 ,i really thought she would be having a huge comeback...but here we areĀ :wtf:

Give your love to me

brendablethyn

She's not really relevant to the pop music scene. And her new music was kind of bland/ didn't stand out.Ā 

Yuuri

Ā 

1 minute ago, brendablethyn said:

She's not really relevant to the pop music scene. And her new music was kind of bland/ didn't stand out.Ā 

I guess she just couldn't keep up with the competition.

Boyboi12

She doesn't have any soild hits, the music industry is going threw some changes; and...Ā Honestly, right now would be the worst time to release an album anyways.Ā Steaming isĀ at an all time high.Ā along with the daily bootlegging, I see why musician and artist don't bother with making music due to circumstancesĀ 

Staryu

It seems like the general publicĀ isn't veryĀ interested in her anymore, which I think isĀ a shame cause I quite likeĀ her new album. :noparty:Ā Oh well.

Also, the visuals wereĀ underwhelmingĀ and Rare should have been a single! :wtf:Ā 

barcodemonster

She just isn't making music people want in 2016. I can see her having hits in the future though she's still cool

scan my barcode

freebit
37 minutes ago, Helxig said:

There was something off about her new music that I can't really put my finger on! It's good, but I didn't find myself singing it later on or even going back frequently for another listen. Maybe she lost her touch a little bit with writing catch music, or maybe she didn't try so hard this time to write catchy hooks and melodies and just wrote what came naturally. I dunno really. And I think the GP probably feels the same way as I do about it. The fans of course would have been happy!

At the end of the day, even though she still looks 25, she is actually 40! Her life is probably quite comfortable and she's a mum etc

IA, I feel like there's something off about her new material. SometimesĀ I don't know if it's because it's genuinely not as good as her older stuff, or I'm just looking at her old musicĀ with rose colored glasses. Maybe it's because none of it feels particularly gutsy and fresh the way What You Waiting For did when it came out. I remember hearing that song for the first time at 2 AM randomly, and it just boldly and eccentrically stood out so much from what was on the radio at the time.Ā It was like a breath of fresh air. Whereas her current material sounds very safe and conventional to me.Ā 

Archived