2 minutes ago, T E A said:

summer is coming and you're cool for the summer. :hor: 

She's

sticker,375x360.u2.png

buy bionic

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost instinctively wanted to type NO, but the more I think of it the more I want to say YES.
Idk we are really biased since we all like her more than it is normal :awkney:

8 hours ago, Oriane23 said:

There, you said it. "popular"

Now repeat after me : FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things. FAME and POPULARITY are two DIFFERENT things.

Now repeat after me.

Gaga has NEITHER. 

Oriane
17 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Now repeat after me.

Gaga has NEITHER. 

I know very well Gaga is not popular. So give me your definition of fame ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Katsuki Bakugo
On 6/3/2016 at 2:59 AM, Didymus said:

Honestly, how the **** are we supposed to know that :rip: I guess she's on par with a lot of very famous artists but.. how the hell should we decide if Adele or Gaga is more famous rn?

I think Gaga is more Infamous for one or two key things (meat dress for example) and but she is Famous for much more. 

Adele is famous, but on what level, she is a polarizing figure, or is she just a great vocalist/artist in the sea of many, who just stands there and sings. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Didymus
7 hours ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Adele is famous, but on what level, she is a polarizing figure, or is she just a great vocalist/artist in the sea of many, who just stands there and sings. 

I don't think that has anything to do with it, personally :emma:

Would you say Aretha Franklin isn't as famous as some other polarizing singers because she's not polarizing? Céline Dion? Whitney Houston? (pre-drug madness) Diane Warren?

Fame is not necessarily about being polarizing imo.. It's not like if someone's famous ànd polarizing they automatically win. Or would you say they would?

Katsuki Bakugo
38 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it, personally :emma:

Would you say Aretha Franklin isn't as famous as some other polarizing singers because she's not polarizing? Céline Dion? Whitney Houston? (pre-drug madness) Diane Warren?

Fame is not necessarily about being polarizing imo.. It's not like if someone's famous ànd polarizing they automatically win. Or would you say they would?

I was using Adele as the question because she would be considered more famous than Gaga, but tbh Gaga is no where near the level of fame that should could be. She is very famous, but she isn't the most famous singer atm. 

I think popularity and fame coexist in some level, but I don't think a polarising figure automatically is famous, but they have a level of fame about them. 

Rupaul is super famous in the gay community, but is almost forgotten in the straight community, yet everything in current pop culture seems to come from his shows... Would he be a winner or just a hard worker who struck luck and is well known? 

I do think people have different views on fame. I think Gaga is more respected than famous. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

PUKKIE
On 6/4/2016 at 0:00 AM, Wenli said:

MJ hadn't been popular for ages, yet he was by far the most famous solo artist until his death.

Dominic

Definitely not the most popular and hasn't been for a few years but she is definitely one of the most famous artists along with the likes of Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy Perry and Britney. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Lord Temptation
On 6 June 2016 at 6:45 AM, Gilly said:

Now repeat after me.

Gaga has NEITHER. 

LOL. You poor child.

Allow me to educate you.

Fame 101

Gaga has an album called The Fame.

(It's one of the best selling debut albums of all time, one of the best selling albums of the digital era, of the 21st century, and of all time)

It's also an album about you and I.

Type the word "fame" into any search engine (like Google) and guess what? Lady Gaga's name will magically appear. 

Such is the power of Gaga.

Forevermore, when people hear the word "fame" they will associate it with Lady Gaga. Not because they necessarily want to, but because of how fame and digital technology works.

They have no choice.

And neither do you.

Popularity 101

No, Gaga is no longer popular.

She is back where she started. Where it all began. 

There was a time, though, when she was the most popular idol in the world. It was early 2009 till around mid 2011.

Sadly those days are over.

Now, she is only popular within the art crowd and the business community. Two seemingly opposite groups of people.

But the Lady knows how to squeeze her audience. Art and pop. She understands that if you communicate with two extreme groups of people - who are diametrically opposed to each other but yet equally powerful - you will influence everyone in between.

Everyone. The undecided mainstream. The average person. You and I.

It's just quantum physics.

Serendipity
4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Type the word "fame" into Google and Lady Gaga's name will magically appear.

Such is the power of Gaga.

Nope :rip: 

RmLpi5W.pngLsVhP3z.png

Google search results are based on the user's browsing patterns :rip: 

they'll vary from user to user :rip: 

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Lord Temptation
Just now, Baby Blue said:

Nope :rip: 

RmLpi5W.pngLsVhP3z.png

Google search results are based on the user's browsing patterns :rip: 

they'll vary from user to user :rip: 

Precisely. Algorithms use the law of averages which says that if Gaga is (or was) the most famous person in the world, has a bestselling album called fame, has a bestselling perfume called fame, then on average, typing in fame will bring you Gaga for the average person. 

I have a degree in mathematics and statistics so I know about power laws and the Zipf distribution :hor:

Born Brave

She's in the top 5. I mean I put her in the same category as Elvis, MJ, and Dolly Parton. 

SLAYing

YES ..... It doesn't matter why or how .. but almost everyone knows her for her avant grade / edgy fashin choices or as one of the most talented and unique musician  in the world , who is an international superstar .. she's on that MJ level and there's no denying that she is a household name worldwide .. Period ! 

Instagram : saurabh_slays

Dark Anatomy
On 6/3/2016 at 10:18 AM, Lord Temptation said:

I cannot think of any artist more famous than her since...Andy Warhol. Funny that.

Jamie is that you sis? Did mother let you hear Lg5? 

Archived