💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

7/27 Has Left iTunes Top 10 Already, why?

Dangerous Man

Why has 5H new album left ikoons top 10 just 5 days after its release?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Why has 5H new album left ikoons top 10 just 5 days after its release?

• The album is bad overall :/
    • People's taste are trash. This is so unfair. :'(
    • I blame Camila and her fans.
    • They have a new album out? :confused:

Featured Posts

TCHIKITAH

Besides is just the top 10, I think they're doing just fine. Go flop harmony!!! :woot:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serendipity

@Dangerous Man

you might wanna update the OP :poot:

1Beyoncé - Lemonade

2Dierks Bentley - Black

3Drake - Views

4Blake Shelton - If I'm Honest

5Kevin Gates - Murder For Hire 2

6Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

7G-Eazy - When It's Dark Out

8Chris Stapleton - Traveller

9Various Artists - Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)

10Fifth Harmony - 7/27 (Deluxe)

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Dangerous Man

10 -1 Fifth Harmony 7/27 (Deluxe)

Yikes

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

The Child
2 hours ago, YaaaasGaga said:

Fifth Harmony just don't stand out whatsoever, they are so bland. I mean, I love Work From Home, but I don't love it because they sing it, I just think it's a bop, I don't pay no mind to whoever is singing it because they are irrelevant and uninteresting, the song is bigger than them. In order to be a successful girl band you have to stand out fully (bare in mind in a pop group one personality already has to compete with 4/5 other personalities within the group alone) and so they have to be completely unique and fully cohesive. I mean, look at the Spice Girls; full of bops, but they eat had their own distinct identity that displayed their personality and they were wild and pioneered the term 'Girl Power'! The Pussycat Dolls capitalised on sex appeal and showcased their roots coming up from a burlesque background and really were amazing at choreography. In the UK, Girls Aloud were the nations sweethearts for a number of years and even if they weren't the most original or game-changing, they picked up on musical trends early. Even Little Mix are beginning to come into their own more and have much more personality (just look at the amazing Black Magic video based on the cult 90's film The Craft - fantastic). Fifth Harmony just lack oomph and star quality unfortunately, and you just can't teach that.

Britney was right all along. She knows.

200.gif

godney-is-real.gif?w=680

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Nicogly
3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

bye bye Fourth Melody

xKvhXeD.gif

Your avi HAHAHAH bless Dory

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Serendipity
Just now, Dangerous Man said:

10 -1 Fifth Harmony 7/27 (Deluxe)

Yikes

Now I'm wondering if they'll even get that #3 debut :rip: 

The fact that Ariana is outselling them in 5 days already :rip: 

they are getting outsold by Lil Mix's 6 month old album in UK right now :air: 

Jewels n Drugs

Work From Home gave me cancer so i can imagine the rest of the album following suit tbh

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Brian Ryan

They only have one song and this is their debut. They are doing alright for a girl group.

Dangerous Man

Down to number 11, officially left top 10! :sis: 

venusfly

Take a look at their record label, Syco. It's Simon Cowell's label that he slaps his contestants from all his tv shows on and he does not promote his acts on them, he milks the initial attention he gets from them being on his show and when their hype die out he makes no effort to spend money to keep it going, he can just milk the next people who come on his shows.

After 10+ years of Simon Cowell signing people on his talent shows to Syco, he has promoted NONE of them and NONE of them have kept long-spanning careers.

One Direction may be the only exception to this, but look at where they ended up.

I blame Fifth Harmony's underperformance solely on Syco.

ItsTommyBitch
On 5/31/2016 at 8:18 AM, Dangerous Man said:

To think Ariana does 10x more harmonies on an album than 5th HARMONY is such a kii. It's just right that DW is above 7/27. :applause: 

Yass, you better stan for Ariana and her team making ha KILL the harmonies on DW, they are flawless on every single track :applause: Marina and the Diamonds is up there with Ari to me in using her voice to fully fill out the space in each song :flutter: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Dangerous Man

Down to #12. :rip: 

Serendipity
52 minutes ago, Dangerous Man said:

Down to #12. :rip: 

Will they even debut in Top 5 :rip: 

StrawberryBlond

The album isn't as good as their debut, that's a big reason. It's par for the course that the second album from a manufactured group is their worst. It's like the label love the success the debut got, so they play it too safe the second time which translates into bland genericism. But they can pick up by their third album. If they stay together that long. But another big part is the lack of promotion. They really don't seem to be promoted much and especially not outside America. Seeing as so many of them are Hispanic, they have a following in Spanish-speaking countries but if there's no promo of them in these regions, that fanbase will only stick around so long. And maybe their heritage makes them too different for an audience who are used to almost completely white girl bands? But I think the biggest part is that they just don't seem to have much star power. Don't confuse good looks with star power because they're not the same thing. They don't have individual personalities like other girl bands. That's the clincher - being able to be individuals and thus appeal to a wide variety of girls. But these girls all seem to blend into one and don't have distinct voices when they perform together. Their choices of who to have on featured verses and their overall music style may struggle to come over well to international audiences too. Everything about them is so Americanised that it can put off international audiences. Seriously, features from Kid Ink and Ty Dolla $ign? Lyrics about "Michelle Obama, purse so heavy getting Oprah dollars?" They're designed to appeal to Americans alone, that much is sure. But some of their lyrics and features will be lost on those outside the US. Yet, the way that they're bigged up, you'd think they were the biggest girl group since PCD. If they don't make a big successful impact by their third album, they'll be done. That is, if they're still together by then.

4 hours ago, LG said:

Take a look at their record label, Syco. It's Simon Cowell's label that he slaps his contestants from all his tv shows on and he does not promote his acts on them, he milks the initial attention he gets from them being on his show and when their hype die out he makes no effort to spend money to keep it going, he can just milk the next people who come on his shows.

After 10+ years of Simon Cowell signing people on his talent shows to Syco, he has promoted NONE of them and NONE of them have kept long-spanning careers.

One Direction may be the only exception to this, but look at where they ended up.

I blame Fifth Harmony's underperformance solely on Syco.

That is very true. Although, in Fifth Harmony's case, I think he's been a bit too focused on trying to get them to make it that he's slacked on some of his other acts. It shocks me that Little Mix are on album #3 and he still hasn't made an effort to give them a massive push in the US. He might have done if he didn't come up with the idea of Fifth Harmony. I don't understand why he didn't realise he already had a girl group to promote and just focused on them. Making 2 rival girl groups with albums out around the same time was a bad idea and he's totally been giving Fifth Harmony all the attention right now, even though Little Mix are totally superior commercially. Their UK numbers are better than US numbers which is really a feat because America is a much bigger country and thus, higher sales should be a given based purely on population. But they just can't seem to truly make it. Simon totally made Cheryl say to an aspiring girl band on X Factor UK "I don't know how you'll compete alongside all the new girl groups like Little Mix and Fifth Harmony." 5H only had one top ten at the time and their album wasn't selling here - that endorsement was totally fed to her by Simon, in an attempt to convince they public that they were big. It didn't work.

venusfly
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That is very true. Although, in Fifth Harmony's case, I think he's been a bit too focused on trying to get them to make it that he's slacked on some of his other acts. It shocks me that Little Mix are on album #3 and he still hasn't made an effort to give them a massive push in the US. He might have done if he didn't come up with the idea of Fifth Harmony. I don't understand why he didn't realise he already had a girl group to promote and just focused on them. Making 2 rival girl groups with albums out around the same time was a bad idea and he's totally been giving Fifth Harmony all the attention right now, even though Little Mix are totally superior commercially. Their UK numbers are better than US numbers which is really a feat because America is a much bigger country and thus, higher sales should be a given based purely on population. But they just can't seem to truly make it. Simon totally made Cheryl say to an aspiring girl band on X Factor UK "I don't know how you'll compete alongside all the new girl groups like Little Mix and Fifth Harmony." 5H only had one top ten at the time and their album wasn't selling here - that endorsement was totally fed to her by Simon, in an attempt to convince they public that they were big. It didn't work.

Because, as I said in the post you quoted, he does not treat them as artists as soon as the TV show is over. They ride out their last spark of fame and he does nothing to keep it going. If they lose their 15 minutes of fame he drops them from the label and moves on.

Susan Boyle was meant to be huge, her traction died out and he did nothing to keep it going.

Olly Murs was supposed to be huge, he's resorted to hosting TV shows now.

I feel bad for people who get signed to Simon Cowell. His label is exploitative and awful.

Archived