Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there a scorpion on the 'Venus' single cover art?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Warholiness

I'm still pressed that we'll never get to see a video. This is how I envisioned it would be. :giveup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stewful2929
8 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

Yes, but her moon is a Scorpio.

9 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

Yes, but her moon is a Scorpio.

Hm that could be it. I wonder if she follows astrology birth charts 

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, Warholiness said:

I'm still pressed that we'll never get to see a video. This is how I envisioned it would be. :giveup:

Wow - I've never seen this! Had no idea how much of the 'Born This Way' music video imagery was first seen here. 

Miel

I heard that scorpions were an aphrodisiac? That's how I interpreted it.

God, I'm so curious with what she had planned for Venus.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
1 hour ago, ReidOne said:

OK... I'm going off the deep end, but i have to share. One of the greatest moments of my concert-going life was when I stood right at the feet of Venus herself during the artRAVE in San Diego. This was my first artRAVE (out of 4 shows), and I had NO IDEA she was going to pop out of the stage and perform Venus RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I absolutely lost my mind witnessing this!!! Literally brings tears to my eyes watching it again now... so much joy! 

My spontaneous video of the moment: 

(....and yes --- wait for it in the video ---- I did show up packing little aliens in my pocket to bring out for this performance!! LOL)

You went to the SD show? My god, that night was something else.

On that note, it's so interesting to see a lot of concepts in the G.U.Y. film and artRave show that likely evolved from her original Venus ideas.

3 points in and ready for more

Twitter
8 hours ago, ReidOne said:

I'd never really questioned why Gaga is wearing a scorpion on her face for the 'Venus' single cover art, but today I googled "Venus scorpion" and I believe I found the answer... Apparently, there is a decades-old rumor that a "scorpion-like" creature is the only living species on the planet Venus. 

One of the things I love most about Gaga's song "Venus" is how she intertwines the Greek/Roman mythology with space & planets. So this is perfect, to me! 

Apologies if this is already widely known, but it is news to me! :D

maxresdefault.jpg

20rpsy.jpg

I never had thought that deep into it! :omg:

Gagz4Gaga

the song Venus would have been the weirdiest, smashiest ARTPOP official track we never had. such regret. :toofunny:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Seeka

It could be she delved into other mythos. Ishtar is also a love goddess (and as such, is associated with Venus) and she is somewhat related to scorpions.

Currently searching for bats in mythology.

• 1 year later...
Smother Em Eh

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for this post. I just learned something! :) 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived