💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna lead to Gaga, Gaga leads to...?

heavymetall0v3r

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

How is she the future of music, shes a step down from gaga literally. No instruments, cant read music, no stage presence. I think Bowie just liked her seclusiveness.

she just 19 but the girl is really talented , u can't deny that "pure heroine" is Lyrical Masterpiece and the fact that she wrote "Royals" when she was like 15.  let's not forget that she's a huge Gaga fan. 

I see it like : it was David Bowie back then , and now it's Gaga and Lorde is the future.

even try comparing her to other young female artists like Selena, Demi, Miley, Ariana ... and you'll know she's better , more talented and more unique.  the girl won 2 Grammy awards when she's 17. 

give her a chance she just getting started... 

also the question "who is the next Lady Gaga" makes no sense,  no one can ever be lady gaga.  it's the same thing as Michael Jackson and David bowie .... no one can ever be the new MJ or the new Bowie. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
3 hours ago, August Blue said:

Me :neyde:  But im still waiting to be discovered :madge:

Itd be super cool tho. A trendsetter guy

2 hours ago, Drunk Poet said:

I would do it. But I'm not a good enough singer. So I wouldn't work that hard just to insult people's ears, like many in this industry have. 

Y'all better be Italian-American :derpga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

HighlandHeart
32 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Y'all better be Italian-American :derpga:

That can be arranged later. :stalkga:

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

heavymetall0v3r
9 hours ago, Malik said:

she just 19 but the girl is really talented , u can't deny that "pure heroine" is Lyrical Masterpiece and the fact that she wrote "Royals" when she was like 15.  let's not forget that she's a huge Gaga fan. 

I see it like : it was David Bowie back then , and now it's Gaga and Lorde is the future.

even try comparing her to other young female artists like Selena, Demi, Miley, Ariana ... and you'll know she's better , more talented and more unique.  the girl won 2 Grammy awards when she's 17. 

give her a chance she just getting started... 

also the question "who is the next Lady Gaga" makes no sense,  no one can ever be lady gaga.  it's the same thing as Michael Jackson and David bowie .... no one can ever be the new MJ or the new Bowie. 

I think that people will find someone soon and say "He/She is the new Lady Gaga" like they did about Gaga being the new Madonna. Even if she isn't people still said that. My question was what would you think about that person, ie cool, reductive lol

About Lorde: Many people are talented writes, win grammys at young ages and are unique. Also, you cant say shes more talented than Ariana or Demi, or even the other two. Thats your opinion (and founded on what?). She definately talented, but the future of music AT ALL?

Im not convinced

e16d92698b895b4e35f0654bfd743529.png

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

11 hours ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

I think that people will find someone soon and say "He/She is the new Lady Gaga" like they did about Gaga being the new Madonna. Even if she isn't people still said that. My question was what would you think about that person, ie cool, reductive lol

I woudn't hate that person , if she/he is very much like Gaga, I wouldn't consider it copy or reductive or anything like that, I think  it's bullshit when an artist speaks about originality of their art and music,  for me in art , There can be no CREATION without IMITATION. yea I would feel good about that artist , since she/he is truly inspired and influenced by Gaga.  

Ferrer Zorola

why does it have to be male?
it's harder for a dude specially if he's straight... Nick Jonas admitted Gaga inspires him but their styles are nothing alike since inspiration could mean anything :sis:

google "Candy Ken" he's a male Miley Cyrus or a younger, hotter Riff Raff but he also admitted that Gaga's "his hero" or something like that. He's a papi. Sadly, I doubt he's ever going to really take off other than being a model since he doesn't have actual rapping talent. 

LIFE IS GOOD

Snow

Not to sound negative, but I don't think society (and especially Gaga) is on The point that "The New Madonna" bench Mark has gone anywhere. There's a loooong way to that and that status just might not happen... (obviously it can in 15-20 years, but only remains to be seen).

DeanWinchester
6 minutes ago, Snow said:

Not to sound negative, but I don't think society (and especially Gaga) is on The point that "The New Madonna" bench Mark has gone anywhere. There's a loooong way to that and that status just might not happen... (obviously it can in 15-20 years, but only remains to be seen).

This. We may delude ourselves and say Gaga is no longer just limited to pop, but that doesn't mean she actually already broke Madonna's pop-peak.

Still waiting for that collab tbh :toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

crisTEAne
1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

This. We may delude ourselves and say Gaga is no longer just limited to pop

well, she clearly isn't. the post-ARTPOP proves it more than anything. 

but that doesn't mean she actually already broke Madonna's pop-peak.

she doesn't want her ****ing pop-throne. she's creating her own legacy and is a legend in the making on her own.

Still waiting for that collab tbh :toofunny:

i don't think it's gonna happen. a collab with cher, on the other hand, might. :flutter: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, skeleton.gun said:

well, she clearly isn't. the post-ARTPOP proves it more than anything. 

she doesn't want her ****ing pop-throne. she's creating her own legacy and is a legend in the making on her own.

i don't think it's gonna happen. a collab with cher, on the other hand, might. :flutter: 

Don't parse my argument to make it sound like I was attacking Gaga. I know she is not limited to pop but when we are looking at pop standards, she hasn't really reached Madonna's impact and decades of amazing discography yet.

Gaga excels in many metrics, but again, my point was when we look only within pop standards. And this in no way means I am saying she wants Madonna's throne--I've read and seen the interview. She doesn't want the throne. We still have to have a benchmark one way or another, though.

It's like us taking a look at her filmography and acting career and saying "well she doesn't want anybody's crown in acting plus she does other things like singing so she's making her own legacy". It doesn't work that way. If we are checking her acting career, we take a look at what she's achieved in that field. We want to look at her pop star aspect, then we need to see what she's achieved in that field outside of her other endeavors.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

crisTEAne

Don't parse my argument to make it sound like I was attacking Gaga. I know she is not limited to pop but when we are looking at pop standards, she hasn't really reached Madonna's impact and decades of amazing discography yet.

Gaga excels in many metrics, but again, my point was when we look only within pop standards. And this in no way means I am saying she wants Madonna's throne--I've read and seen the interview. She doesn't want the throne. We still have to have a benchmark one way or another, though.

It's like us taking a look at her filmography and acting career and saying "well she doesn't want anybody's crown in acting plus she does other things like singing so she's making her own legacy". It doesn't work that way. If we are checking her acting career, we take a look at what she's achieved in that field. We want to look at her pop star aspect, then we need to see what she's achieved in that field outside of her other endeavors.

i still don't see why madonna has to be that benchmark. clearly, gagz doesn't want to be compared to or associated with her. there are plenty of pop legends, whether still alive or not, to choose form. if you're gonna say that madonna should be the benchmark because she's a female... well, that's just wrong, i guess. gagz is against the popgirls-vs-popgirls rivalry, while madonna based her entire career on that and tried to justify it by saying that she's the queen and as such she has to protect her throne. 

plus, in essence, i disagree. the media wants it to work that way. gagz doesn't. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

heavymetall0v3r
18 hours ago, Malik said:

I woudn't hate that person , if she/he is very much like Gaga, I wouldn't consider it copy or reductive or anything like that, I think  it's bullshit when an artist speaks about originality of their art and music,  for me in art , There can be no CREATION without IMITATION. yea I would feel good about that artist , since she/he is truly inspired and influenced by Gaga.  

Thats what i like to hear <3

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

Archived