💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it time for male celebrities to start wearing dresses to events?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

gag

I also think it's getting increasingly progressive with the attitudes towards gender-oriented fashion though, Jaden Smith wearing a skirt on a Louis Vuitton campaign is a really great example. If this continues hopefully we'll get more /innovative/ and more interesting menswear on the red carpet.

07UNBUTTONED---WEB-blog427-v2.jpg

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

So why the **** aren't men wearing them to events?? 

They are. Suits are the expected attire of a red carpet because they're usually out at very respected events, just like women being expected to wear gowns. But also like with women and gowns there's a lot of risk taking and variation

Grammys-Red-Carpet-Feat.jpg

gallery_5_3.jpg

Sizzily
12 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

But what if they don't want to? The thing is they have to, because society tells them that men could only be seen as strong and confident if they wear suits.

They don't "have to" No one is holding a gun to their heads and telling them to wear a suit (maybe if its sponsored) Maybe they don't want to look like a dag queen?:shrug: You aren't providing of an explanation for what I asked you, I don't know why you expect me to do the same for you point of view. 

One Banned Boi

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

They are. Suits are the expected attire of a red carpet because they're usually out at very respected events, just like women being expected to wear gowns. But also like with women and gowns there's a lot of risk taking and variation

Grammys-Red-Carpet-Feat.jpg

gallery_5_3.jpg

And women can wear suits too? How bias...

It's literally the same thing! Just with different colours... :saladga:

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

They don't "have to" No one is holding a gun to their heads and telling them to wear a suit (maybe if its sponsored) Maybe they don't want to look like a dag queen?:shrug: You aren't providing of an explanation for what I asked you, I don't know why you expect me to do the same for you point of view. 

The answer is simple. They CAN. 

Sizzily
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Who is he :laughga:??? :stalkga:

Literally no idea. But I found this on r/HeSquats a while ago :hor: 

One Banned Boi

Sizzily
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

The answer is simple. They CAN. 

YES, THEY CAN. :air: I was saying they can but they shouldn't have abandon suits if they don't want to.

One Banned Boi

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Sizzily said:

YES, THEY CAN. :air: I was saying they can but they shouldn't have abandon suits if they don't want to.

Yeah. I'm talking about those who want to. Wearing suits should be a CAN thing, not a MUST thing.

Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

And women can wear suits too? How bias...

It's literally the same thing! Just with different colours... :saladga:

No. The garments in those photos are all cut very differently and made from different materials. Women can only wear suits if they're pretty woman suits. Fashion is one of the most important ways we perform gender so there's naturally gender roles to be filled. Men's fashion is no more restrictive then women's fashion is.

RAMROD

When I was younger, I am quite daring, goths and visual kei have always been go to looks.

New Rock boots or crepers, leather and studs everywhere, fur coat, white and scelera contacts,

white make up, black lipstick and finger paint, bloody effects, manic panic hair, and all that.

Spoiler

e0044fa4533fd6ac625281899ff231b3.jpg

dir-en-grey-myaku-dir-en-grey-18403069-6

Dir20en20grey2010.jpg

Dir-en-Grey-all-jrock-and-visual-kei-280

Gazette-all-jrock-and-visual-kei-2805092

c7dc58007ebd6349e1439b7efeb5227a.jpg

untitled-213.png

1194536932_f.jpg

a274c3035a5b6366b82d1dc9d6f87f3c.jpg

But now I am adult and established, I quite enjoy on dressing up as Victorian male myself

Spoiler

tumblr_lp7465xWdV1qd86vso1_5001.jpg

victorian_mens_fashion_031.jpg

sbe-1873-gentlemen-01.jpg

Style-Victorian-Fashion-Men.jpg

1f9bb1341f7ea09efc957b370e496915.jpg

13f1d750a17d87a938adc0a66aa70e53.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Nino said:

No. The garments in those photos are all cut very differently and made from different materials. 

Wow how noticeable. How revolutionary. How cutting edge.

3 minutes ago, Nino said:

Fashion is one of the most important ways we perform gender so there's naturally gender roles to be filled. Men's fashion is no more restrictive then women's fashion is.

omg you do know Gaga 'cross-dressed' to an awards show, right? Actually twice or more times. So how is that as restrictive as male fashion, where they can only suits?

T3ARS

Girls can wear jeans
And cut their hair short
Wear shirts and boots
'Cause it's OK to be a boy
But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading
'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading
But secretly you'd love to know what it's like
Wouldn't you
What it feels like for a girl

Our society is afraid of this

Spoiler

5fc291d0b9428612a3d293c15fcefaf2.jpg

But is absolutely okay with this 

Spoiler

stars-in-suit.jpg

Lets remember that; yes these people are celebrities, but they still have to market themselves and take care of their brand. If Sam Smith came out wearing something that was more gender-fluid; his career would be harmed in some way. Also, their is still rampant homophobia combined with the hyper-masculinity that is praised in our society; no male celebrity will put themselves out there like that. It's too different and there are still too many ignorant people in the would that will use a man in some gender-fluid clothing as an example of the "gay agenda" and the emasculation of men. 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

2 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

omg you do know Gaga 'cross-dressed' to an awards show, right? Actually twice or more times. So how is that as restrictive as male fashion, where they can only suits?

Cross dressing for performance art isn't really related to fashion and beyond that Gaga's seen as a vapid contrarian by most.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

Cross dressing for performance art isn't really related to fashion and beyond that Gaga's seen as a vapid contrarian by most.

Well fashion IS performance art to many.

Archived