Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

BET disses Madonna’s Prince Tribute

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Boyboi12
21 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

Just because prince was black, the BET  gets to decide who does the tribute? thats hypocracy right there. Are people around the world seriously gonna fight over a white person giving a tribute to a black person? Why is the color of someones skin so valuable? I BET if it was beyonce performing the tribute it would have been a big thing. Smd hypocrates

It was a bad performance👀She shouldn't have been doing it in the first place!!! 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego
1 minute ago, Black Salvatore said:

But still, I don't believe his contribution is as important as that of Madonna's at a universal level. In Europe, and more specifically the place I live in, no one even knows who Prince is. When I read all over the internet that "Today a legend died etc" I was like "who"? 

Maybe his success was too local. Madonna's success (and Gaga's respectively) is a worldwide phenomenon. The Prince fans should have appreciated it. 

Maybe you're too young... his success was not local.

Where in Europe do you live? 

FreePalestine

Boyboi12
7 minutes ago, Black Salvatore said:

But still, I don't believe his contribution is as important as that of Madonna's at a universal level. In Europe, and more specifically the place I live in, no one even knows who Prince is. When I read all over the internet that "Today a legend died etc" I was like "who"? 

Maybe his success was too local. Madonna's success (and Gaga's respectively) is a worldwide phenomenon. The Prince fans should have appreciated it. 

You sound stupid.... When Bowie died people were tweeting who is David Bowie. Prince is a household name! Don't give me that bullshit, he performed the greatest super bowl performance of all time!!!!!! Over 100 million viewers, people know who Prince is.... My younger cousin who is 7, school had a lesson and a battle on Michael Jackson vs Prince!!!!  Don't give me that ****, there still people of the golden age of music on this earth the 60, 70 and 80ds.. Watch any award show people stand on their ****ing feet for Prince... Not even Madonna gets that kind of respect 

Dominic
7 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

It's called honoring him correctly... Maybe you should do some research on Prince and his  contribution to the music industry 

It's called using a man's death to cause controversy and boost ratings. Simple yet distasteful marketing.  

They use 'We Got You' as a means of saying 'We will show you how it's done' rather than 'We want to just pay tribute to a man who has had mass influence'. 

There's no 'correct' way to honour someone's death.  Use sense man. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Boyboi12
4 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

It's called using a man's death to cause controversy and boost ratings. Simple yet distasteful marketing.  

They use 'We Got You' as a means of saying 'We will show you how it's done' rather than 'We want to just pay tribute to a man who has had mass influence'. 

There's no 'correct' way to honour someone's death.  Use sense man. 

I know what publication is.... I'm educated! Every great major musician and artist deserve to be honored properly. That bullshit Madonna did was not cool! It's about respect! Let Gaga die and they have Miley Cyrus or some average act do her tribute!!! Then you'll see how I feel 

Dominic
Just now, Boyboi12 said:

I know what publication is.... I'm educated! Every great major musician and artist deserve to be honored properly. That bullshit Madonna was no cool! It's about respect! Let Gaga die and they have Miley Cyrus or some average act do her tribute!!! Then you'll see how I feel 

You didn't seem to understand my post so I thought I would do you a favour and explain it.  

I wouldn't care if Miley did a tribute, I'd be proud that my idol inspired and influenced so many people that multiple artists wanted to offer their tribute to Gaga. 

Of course everything is a competition in pop culture these days so your opinions aren't surprising.  

Boyboi12
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

You didn't seem to understand my post so I thought I would do you a favour and explain it.  

I wouldn't care if Miley did a tribute, I'd be proud that my idol inspired and influenced so many people that multiple artists wanted to offer their tribute to Gaga. 

Of course everything is a competition in pop culture these days so your opinions aren't surprising.  

No need I don't give a **** about what you're saying.... 

Angel Down
14 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

Maybe you're too young... his success was not local.

Where in Europe do you live? 

I'm 17 and I live in Greece. I've always listened to foreign music though, particularly English. My older relatives used to always talk about American music legends like Michael, Madonna, Whitney and others as well, but I had never even heard of Prince till the day he died. I was surprised when I found out he was that respected. But then again, who doesn't get over-respected after they die?

12 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

You sound stupid.... When Bowie died people were tweeting who is David Bowie. Prince is a household name! Don't give me that bullshit, he performed the greatest super bowl performance of all time!!!!!! Over 100 million viewers, people know who Prince is.... My younger cousin who is 7, school has a lesson and a battle on Michael Jackson vs Prince!!!!  Don't give me that ****, there still people of the golden age of music on this earth the 60, 70 and 80ds.. Watch any award show people stand on their ****ing feet for Prince 

I sound stupid because? :air:
The SB is an american event. He might have been known to over 100 million people, who yea, live in the USA. And that's why I pointed out that his success may be too local. Where does your cousin live? In Europe? Jesus! I didn't say Prince wasn't successful or known, I said that he was successful but apparently in USA primarily. 

Consequently, his contributions cannot be universal. The way Michael's Madonna's and Gaga's are. And don't start the "don't compare a legend like Prince to Gaga and blah blah" thing. Please. 

Dominic
Just now, Boyboi12 said:

No need I don't give a **** about what you're saying.... 

Clearly, that's why you took the time to quote me, several times.  :laughga:

Boyboi12
Just now, Black Salvatore said:

I'm 17 and I live in Greece. I've always listened to foreign music though, particularly English. My older relatives used to always talk about American music legends like Michael, Madonna, Whitney and others as well, but I had never even heard of Prince till the day he died. I was surprised when I found out he was that respected. But then again, who doesn't get over-respected after he dies?

The SB is an american event. He might have been known to over 100 million people, who yea, live in the USA. And that's why I pointed out that his success may be too local. Where does your cousin live? In Europe? Jesus! I didn't say Prince wasn't successful or known, I said that he was successful but apparently in USA primarily. 

Consequently, his contributions cannot be universal. The way Michael's Madonna's and Gaga's are. And don't start the "don't compare a legend like Prince to Gaga and blah blah" thing. Please. 

He sold over 100 million records worldwide.... He is not a local you stupid ****ing 17 year old!!! Do some research of the 80ds!!! 

Angel Down
Just now, Boyboi12 said:

He sold over 100 million records worldwide.... He is not a local you stupid ****ing 17 year old!!! Do some research of the 80ds!!! 

I usually do research on the music I find appealing :D

Manul
7 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Average songs 👀 First off Bowie doesn't match Prince at all.... There were three major acts in the 80ds Prince, Michael and Madonna!  The Holy Trinity of that time. Gaga is no walking legend, i love her but she is not even a Prince Michael Madonna or Bowie (yet) respect those who open doors for new talent. Ps Prince wrote songs for Madonna! So watch it, he was the ghost writer of the 80ds 

He didn't open anything.

For an artist to be a legend he should at the very least be a worldwide phenomenon. Prince is one of those niche old acts that his fans deem "legends", just like Bowie.

You want to see legends, some examples are Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Britney Spears. You want some newer legends in the making, go see Beyoncé, Gaga, Rihanna and Adele - so far, these are perfect examples. They are known everywhere around the world.

I got no respect for artists that are bitter and especially for those that are disrespectful to newer acts out of sheer jealousy, and Prince was like that, especially to Gaga, who showed nothing but admiration for him. Same goes for Bowie.

it wasn't laaaahv

Boyboi12
3 minutes ago, Black Salvatore said:

I'm 17 and I live in Greece. I've always listened to foreign music though, particularly English. My older relatives used to always talk about American music legends like Michael, Madonna, Whitney and others as well, but I had never even heard of Prince till the day he died. I was surprised when I found out he was that respected. But then again, who doesn't get over-respected after he dies?

The minute you said Whitney 😂😂😂😂Prince is and was a larger act then Whitney!!! That why I know you have me ****ed up, Prince just finish doing a European tour 2015 into 2016 stop it 

Angel Down
Just now, Love Drought said:

He didn't open anything.

For an artist to be a legend he should at the very least be a worldwide phenomenon. Prince is one of those niche old acts that his fans deem "legends", just like Bowie.

You want to see legends, some examples are Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Britney Spears. You want some newer legends in the making, go see Beyoncé, Gaga, Rihanna and Adele - so far, these are perfect examples. They are known everywhere around the world.

I got no respect for artists that are bitter and especially for those that are disrespectful to newer acts out of sheer jealousy, and Prince was like that, especially to Gaga, who showed nothing but admiration for him. Same goes for Bowie.

Where is the lie?

Archived