đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

other

Happy Birthday Born This Way (album) - 5 years

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

Amazing album and amazing tour :applause:  Also, the whole era was perfectly executed, from start to finish!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
43 minutes ago, Spock said:

9k=Lady-Gaga-Born-This-Way-subway-album-pro

Lady-gaga-shuttle-1-.jpeg

When will your faves

The BTW era gave me LIFE. I have never been as hyped for an album as I was back then, everything was so crazy. I ditched and entire day of school because Judas was leaking, but then I remembered I had a math test so I had to take a cab lmao :emma: The tour was okay, but I really hated the fan dynamics 

This promo is f*cking flawless... She needs theae kind of promo for LG5 :giveup:

ALGAYDO

This sounds very cliche (in the LGBTQ community, that is) but Born This Way seriously helped me accept myself for who I am, and I would NOT be the same person that I am today if it weren't for this masterpiece of an album 

tumblr_lkua692JKq1qbamwi.gif

FameHookah

Eh

The album that killed her momentum , brought the worst stans , broke her hip, ruined ARTPOP's fate and almost killed her career

Congrats i guess :awkney:

The promo and performances were killer tho, the album REALLY needed it to sell like it did.

WTF is MDNA

I still remember the moment when i bought my first copy at Target when it came out

then i bought the collection when it came out in November, the album that clearly made me into a stan and i'm proud of that

"THANKS FOR HOLDING MY HAND"

Epione

Happy birthday Born This Way! This era was amazing because I had an opportunity to finally see Gaga live. The best memories in my life. Gaga should tweet something for this big day.

B713D79B5C830A8C5C3F667A4FA9E1B0.gif

Juanjo

Amazing album. Born This Way will always hold a special place in my heart, as it came during a very crucial point in my life. So much change was happening in my life, at the time, so much growth and rediscovery. I will always remember, and listen to, it with a smile on my face. :flutter:

Lord Temptation

The most ambitious album in history (and the most pretentious according to NME LOL)

When electronic music finally broke into the mainstream press in 2011 (led three years earlier by Gaga's debut The Fame in 2008), Gaga went in the complete opposite direction, incorporating such disparate sounds as operatic vocals, heavy metal electric guitar, church bells, techno beats, funk and country and heartland rock.

She honoured her earliest fans (us homos) with a bold gift, a universal declaration of human rights and love equality. It was like a living, breathing unicorn wrapped in a rainbow quilt.

On a more personal level, she honoured her beloved grandfather who had recently passed away, and her musical heroes of her youth Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston and Madonna

"In the religion of the insecure
I must be myself, respect my youth"

The album that made everyone hate her but me love her. The album that established her as a legend. There seemed to be so much hope at the time. How has the world changed? Goddamn the nostalgia for 2011 is so strong.

Manul
5 hours ago, Brooke Candy said:

I know, LG5 will be miles better ofcourse. But i meant for now..

Edit: ..and NO B*TCH, at this moment there is no album better than BTW

There is, it's called The Fame Monster. :giveup:

it wasn't laaaahv

Alien Tulip

Not her best album but still an impressive body of work. The Edge Of Glory is arguably Lady Gaga's best song. That song just never gets old to me. Every time I listen to it I get the same goosebumps as if its the first time I'm listening to it. Marry The Night is so empowering and has a cold wintery vibe to it which I adore. Born This Way (song) is very cheesy but overall an important song indicative of the human race coming together as one community. I love Government Hooker, Judas, Bloody Mary, Scheisse, Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover, Highway Unicorn and even Americano which gets undeserved hate. The only songs that really don't sit well with me are Hair, You and I, Bad Kids, Black Jesus, Fashion of His Love and The Queen which sadly waters down the album for me. You and I is amazing lyrically but the mutt lange production was horrendous. You and I just needed to be Gaga and her piano with some drums. 

mariomania1234

Her best album by far and my favorite pop album of the 2010's, I honestly haven't heard a better one. It cemented me as a fan for life.

Archived