opinion

Gaga and her fans rn

Didymus

Featured Posts

Kayla
10 hours ago, giskardsb said:

Plus add in the whole gazing ball thing... looking at her, looking at the environment and themselves also.

HOLY ****ING **** YOU GUYS ARE BRILLIANT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo
11 hours ago, Didymus said:

There isn't really a point I guess, but I just always found this weird "anti-fan" stuff during ARTPOP and now with all her statements about how awful that period was in so many ways for her, describing herself as a robot specifically, I tried to connect some dots between what she did artistically, and imo there's a possibility she was low-key hinting at how stifled she felt by everyone, incl. the fans for a while already.

Or she planned her whole career and she's fooling the **** out of us :poot:

It is a very interesting read, somethings we will never receive an answer to, but a lot of you hit right on the head. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
37 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Holy. ****. 

The Ursula things are brilliant. And the incorporation at the artRAVE has my head exploded. 

I feel like you really hit this on the head, Didy. And it kinda makes me sad. And frustrated that I was a part of this big fanbase that really didn't appreciate Gaga the way we should have. Years ago had she done this stuff we would have been analyzing it the MOMENT the first artRAVE happened, but now it's taking like...literally years to pull out the symbolism, references, and intention? 

The girl we fell in love with (from a fan perspective) is still there, we just don't take the time to see her anymore. As much **** as you get for "hating" Gaga so much, you sure do put more effort into paying attention to what's going on underneath her imagery than most other fans, and I appreciate that. 

Here is the thing, I don't believe Didy hates gaga, why would he spend so much effort analyzing her? There is alot of love there. so unless Didy is Paws up Lil' Monsters and is obsessive??

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Kayla
2 minutes ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Here is the thing, I don't believe Didy hates gaga, why would he spend so much effort analyzing her? There is alot of love there. so unless Didy is Paws up Lil' Monsters and is obsessive??

Oh no, he's a huge ****ing fan, but some people are under the assumption that since he occasionally criticizes her negatively that he's a pseudo-fan or is always bashing her or something. Thankfully that's died down lately. 

But yeah- the people I remember as the BIG fans are the ones who go out of their way to understand what Gaga is about. Didy is one of those people. 

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Kayla said:

Oh no, he's a huge ****ing fan, but some people are under the assumption that since he occasionally criticizes her negatively that he's a pseudo-fan or is always bashing her or something. Thankfully that's died down lately. 

But yeah- the people I remember as the BIG fans are the ones who go out of their way to understand what Gaga is about. Didy is one of those people. 

Exactly. TBH I feel like to be a true fan is to analyse and question what someone like Gaga does, and to be truthful and honest when you don't like something they do. Support them of course but you don't have to like everything they do. 

Ronk
1 minute ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Exactly. TBH I feel like to be a true fan is to analyse and question what someone like Gaga does, and to be truthful and honest when you don't like something they do. Support them of course but you don't have to like everything they do. 

Yes, Didy is a fan and a good person.  It takes a while to get used to the way he puts things. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

Katsuki Bakugo
Just now, Ronk said:

Yes, Didy is a fan and a good person.  It takes a while to get used to the way he puts things. 

Known him for a while...

giskardsb
47 minutes ago, Kayla said:

As much **** as you get for "hating" Gaga so much, you sure do put more effort into paying attention to what's going on underneath her imagery than most other fans, and I appreciate that. 

@Didymus has never been a hater though, he's just balanced and honest about how he feels about things.   I'm intentionally unbalanced on the positive side just because I choose to be that way here, but I've always found Didy to be thoughtful and intelligent in his posts, even when we don't agree.  

Ronk
26 minutes ago, Kayla said:

holdholdholdon. I'm remembering something. When we gave her the ARTPOP project she told us something like "my fans who understand ARTPOP are my real fans," or the fans who like ARTPOP understand her...****, I'm forgetting the exact phrasing. @Zilla, do you remember how she phrased that?

That makes even more sense now when you pair it up with what Didy is saying. D: 

I love this.  I knew from many hints that Gaga loved ARTPOP, it was her creative vision.  I'm so glad she responded to the ARTPOP projects the way you point out.  Another thing, Gypsy gets a lot a of flack here, but do you notice how Gaga beams every time she performs it? ... she just beams.  And she saves it for last in artRAVE.  Obviously one of her favorite songs.

Kayla
42 minutes ago, Kayla said:

holdholdholdon. I'm remembering something. When we gave her the ARTPOP project she told us something like "my fans who understand ARTPOP are my real fans," or the fans who like ARTPOP understand her...****, I'm forgetting the exact phrasing. @Zilla, do you remember how she phrased that?

That makes even more sense now when you pair it up with what Didy is saying. D: 

FOUND IT:

""I feel like I have a closer connection to fans who like ARTPOP more than the other fans. I've already drawn it out in the fanbase. I feel like fans who like this album really get me." "

Kayla
5 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I love this.  I knew from many hints that Gaga loved ARTPOP, it was her creative vision.  I'm so glad she responded to the ARTPOP projects the way you point out.  Another thing, Gypsy gets a lot a of flack here, but do you notice how Gaga beams every time she performs it? ... she just beams.  And she saves it for last in artRAVE.  Obviously one of her favorite songs.

She wrote Gypsy after meeting Taylor. :flutter: After he whisked her away on his motor cycle and they made love in his little beach shack all day. Of course she's gonna be happy to sing about their love! :saira:

giskardsb
38 minutes ago, Kayla said:

HOLY ****ING **** YOU GUYS ARE BRILLIANT

if even half the conjectures in this thread are right, it's Gaga who's the real genius.  But we already knew that. ;)

Ronk
4 minutes ago, Kayla said:

She wrote Gypsy after meeting Taylor. :flutter: After he whisked her away on his motor cycle and they made love in his little beach shack all day. Of course she's gonna be happy to sing about their love! :saira:

Aw, so wonderful.  Thanks for the info.

Ronk
22 minutes ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Known him for a while...

Yeah, I just posted that for those who didn't know.

Archived