💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Dangerous Woman Metacritic: 76 (with 13 Reviews)

Dangerous Man

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

SCORE : 76 (13 eviews)

--------+++++++++----------

POSITVE REVIEWS :

Entertainment Weekly

May 19, 2016

While the hooks may not be as irresistible as her 2014 double whammy of “Problem” and “Break Free,” Grande compensates by having something meaningful to say with that jaw-dropping voice

New Musical Express (NME)

May 23, 2016

It’s not only the consistent songwriting clout that elevates this album from recent efforts by Grande’s teen-star peers, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez. Even if most of it is co-written, the modish message of empowerment feels honest coming from Grande.

AllMusic

May 23, 2016

While some of these cuts work better than others, the range is impressive, as is Grande's measured, assured performance.

The Observer (UK)

May 22, 2016

Held together by Grande’s skyscraping voice, Dangerous Woman throws a lot at the wall and, brilliantly, most of it sticks.

Boston Globe

May 19, 2016

The album glides through styles, maintaining a slightly menacing yet sexed-up vibe throughout.

Los Angeles Times

May 19, 2016

Given that she started out as an actress, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Grande can work convincingly in more than a single mode. But it’s still impressive how fully she inhabits the emotional environment of each song here, even when one directly contradicts another.

Pitchfork

May 25, 2016

Even if the results are uneven at times. Grande does not need to force any sort of spirit, she is full of it already. She just needs to find the Dangerous Woman within herself and let her break free.

Pretty Much Amazing

May 23, 2016

Dangerous Woman shouldn’t be taken particularly seriously as any kind of “maturation,” but that it still has some pretty good songs on it. Not counting the bonus tracks, there are only two outright throwaways.

The A.V. Club

May 20, 2016

Buoyed by this poise, Dangerous Woman possesses more personality than My Everything. It’s also far looser than anything else in Grande’s catalog.

Slant Magazine

May 20, 2016

Though the album immediately shifts gears with the decidedly more contemporary title track, a sultry waltz in which the singer implores her man to “test [her] limits,” assuring him that, underneath, every 21-century woman is a “bad girl,” there are smart, unexpected nods to yesteryear throughout the remainder of Dangerous Woman.

MIXED REVIEWS:

Rolling Stone

May 20, 2016

Grande may not have settled on a sound, but she's still an outsized, dangerous talent.

Spin

May 31, 2016

These songs [“Greedy,” “Into You” and “Touch It”], which unite a strong persona--haughty, insatiable, a little manic, really into you--with a vivid pocket version of one style or another, are the core of a swift, heedless pop album, albeit one struggling to emerge from the false notes (“Dangerous Woman”) and rote 2016 obligations.

Consequence of Sound

May 25, 2016

The pop star is putting out fine records, but it’s hard to escape the feeling that her ludicrous potential remains unfulfilled.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/dangerous-woman/ariana-grande

The acclaim is real. So proud. :applause: 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hola Soraya

She deserves to slay with this album. :giveup: Praise be unto this anthology of bops! :rockstar:

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Dominic

"she pulls off pop, R&B, reggae, and house

Where? :excited2:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Dangerous Man

Those Bad Decision lyrics are the ones that these publications keep quoting. I'm so perched for that banger. :excited2: 

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

"she pulls off pop, R&B, reggae, and house

Where? :excited2:

Be Alright?

Dominic
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Be Alright?

Oh, right.  :wtf: Maybe I don't agree with that sentence then.  

Dangerous Man
5 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Oh, right.  :wtf: Maybe I don't agree with that sentence then.  

All the publications who made an article about BA when it first came out consider it to be house, even the pop forum users. I gues you are disagreeing to them as well. 

Dominic
3 minutes ago, Dangerous Man said:

All the publications who made an article about BA when it first came out consider it to be house, even the pop forum users. I gues you are disagreeing to them as well. 

Yep 

Dangerous Man

"While the hooks may not be as irresistible as her 2014 double whammy of “Problem” and “Break Free,”

Lies. Into You and Greedy's choruses>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Grande compensates by having something meaningful to say with that jaw-dropping voice—one of the most exquisite in pop today"

This is true though. :hor: 

Dangerous Man
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

Yep 

Lol. Okay.

Dominic
1 minute ago, Dangerous Man said:

Lol. Okay.

I don't agree that she pulls off house successfully if Be Alright is anything to go by. I haven't disputed the genre,  seems like you misread.  

Dangerous Man
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

I don't agree that she pulls off house successfully if Be Alright is anything to go by. I haven't disputed the genre,  seems like you misread.  

Well, at the end of the day that's your opinion. :shrug: 

Archived