šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna's longtime producer talks about ANTi and her creative process

Higher

Featured Posts

Higher

Annie Zaleski: Were there any specific differences working onĀ AntiĀ compared to Rihanna's previous albums?

Thaddis "Kuk" Harrell:Ā Just her being more involved creatively was the biggest difference. She's always involved from her side, as an artist. But musically, creatively, she really wanted to drive the direction of the album. I think that's why she called the albumĀ Antiā€”she wanted to do something completely different than everybody else. Because we're in a cookie-Ā­cutter time of music. Every record that everybody does is a record that somebody else could've done, if that makes sense. It's so awesome that she just stepped out and was courageous enough to stick to that and be that and do that.

Ā 

Ā 

When you were giving vocal direction, how wasĀ AntiĀ different?Ā 

We're always working on it together, but this time she was really meticulous about every line that we sang. Beforeā€”not saying that she wasn't involved, but before, we would cut the record, and then I would comp it and put everything together. Then she would come in and listen and change a few things and go, "I want it to be like this."

But this particular album, she was really, really specific about every single line. If there was anything that she heard that she felt wasn't perfection in her eyes, she wanted to change. It was a lot, and I respect that. It's hard, because I want to work quick and get stuff done and make it excellent, but now she's like, "Listen, let's up the quality level." Let's make sure we have the emotion, and make sure it's a masterpiece. That was the mind-set for this one. You know, the other albums, they were, "Yeah, let's make a great album." But this time it was like, "Let's make a masterpieceā€”a great body of work." That was a big switch-up for me, and a point of growth.

Ā 

http://m.chicagoreader.com/chicago/thaddis-kuk-harrell-rihanna-beyonce-anti-vocal-producer-interview/Content?oid=21173878

Spoiler

How very interesting.

tumblr_o1ol8lsid21rveoj6o1_540.gif

Ā 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ā˜„ļø

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

Soooooooo, up until now, her whole career and music was controlled by someone else?Ā :emma:

Didymus

Glad to hear it.

Though personally I don't get how she thought anything on that album was as high quality as her promo singles were. Anyway, it's her album, she does what she wants but based on FFS, AO and BBHMM I sure was expecting the album to be a whole lot better. The most creative and most "different" track on there she just took from another artist, singing over the instrumental, not changing a thing :chica: I mean..

She can still go a lot further.

Didymus
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Soooooooo, up until now, her whole career and music was controlled by someone else?Ā :emma:

Read, sis.

Ciccone Madonna

Cant wait for pressed haters read this.:usrs:

ALGAYDO

I love that she's being more hands-on with her music lately. I hope she keeps it up, Anti was a great albumĀ 

Warholian
Just now, Didymus said:

Read, sis.

fahrenheit-911-bush_just_sat_there.jpg

hi didymus found you again love you

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Bio

I love me some Riri but the album isn't that different from anything that's on the charts right now. And how can he say that when she literally took a song and rerecorded it exactly like it is except with her vocals on it? lol

Higher
8 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Actually she spoke about that during her Oprah interview after the whole Chris Brown thing. :emma:Ā When you think about it it makes since. OnĀ Rated R she was listed as a co-writter on most ofĀ the songs and on Loud she didn't do ****. I think that's why she made her own label. Consideration is basically about her old label. :air:Ā 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ā˜„ļø

The Surrealist

This is what I wanted to say:

Just now, Bio said:

I love me some Riri but the album isn't that different from anything that's on the charts right now. And how can he say that when she literally took a song and rerecorded it exactly like it is except with her vocals on it? lol

Ā 

Higher
3 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

Cant wait for pressed haters read this.:usrs:

tumblr_o2et9s7jYy1u6n38po1_400.gif

Ā 

LePetitGAGABLover
4 minutes ago, Higher said:

Actually she spoke about that during her Oprah interview after the whole Chris Brown thing. :emma:Ā When you think about it it makes since. OnĀ Rated R she was listed as a co-writter on most ofĀ the songs and on Loud she didn't do ****. I think that's why she made her own label. Consideration is basically about her old label. :air:Ā 

Good for her. At least she has the balls to do whatever she wants I guess.

doja scat

idk who this Rhiannon chick is, I wish her longevity and success xx

Archived