💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

American Life vs American Idiot

SirLudicopro

Featured Posts

Snow

PS. I too decided to listen to AL after a long long time and damn, its much better than I remembered! :D it really is good. Its not my favourite and I didnt ALL love it when it came out, but now... Oh yeah!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sam Dey
17 hours ago, Snow said:

Btw here's The vid that broke ALL hell loose. 

American Life wins solely because of this video tbh

#ICONIC :air:

River

She started with the fake leaks the famous "wtf do you think you're doing" and pissed off many people, then a song that full of hypocrisy (AL) and complains from a person that have everything and when you listen to it you just want to scream at her "wtf do you want??" the song just makes you angry because her voice is annoying there.. and she made it all about herself..

The rest of the album is just bad, in MY opinion, I tried to listen to it many time and never felt connect to it.. I just felt annoyed by her.. the only song that I like is Hollywood

Ok.. now eat me and force me to like it :eww:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

boyerased

Since you're asking for the reception well, here's an easy answer:

AL isn't just catchy. People found it a bit cheesy, sure she had worse but it's not something that'll get picked up, regardless of the theme and moreso with the theme.

American Idiot is one of the best album of that decade. It perfectly captured what was going on that time period and is catchy. It is very cohesive although the storyline can get cheesy but still. It had Boulevard and September Ends for chrissake. Those were songs people will eat up but at the same time enough to credit artistic value. 

AJH219
1 hour ago, River said:

She started with the fake leaks the famous "wtf do you think you're doing" and pissed off many people, then a song that full of hypocrisy (AL) and complains from a person that have everything and when you listen to it you just want to scream at her "wtf do you want??" the song just makes you angry because her voice is annoying there.. and she made it all about herself..

The rest of the album is just bad, in MY opinion, I tried to listen to it many time and never felt connect to it.. I just felt annoyed by her.. the only song that I like is Hollywood

Ok.. now eat me and force me to like it :eww:

Don't worry, we are coming for you 

giphy.gif

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

I know some people say they dont like the album because that's what they think they should say

but the album got a lot of praise in indie magazines in europe. I remember one saying "nothing fails" is better than like a prayer.

don't let those US critics fool you. everyone who spoke against the war in 2003 got attacked. songs like "easy ride", "x static process" and intervention are her best work.

it's because of the criticism and backlash that madonna hasnt really been the same or seemed as confident. then confessions happened, a good album but it wasnt "madonna". american life is madonna. music is. ray of light, and all the albums before that.. but since the criticism from american life something changed. now we just see the real madonna in demo tracks like "revolution".

she's an artist and punk rock star really. not a commercial pop girl. at least to me.

Archived