Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna blasts Age Gracefully group

Ciccone Madonna

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
11 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

i completely get your point, but unfortunately there's such a double standard here that, men who are sexualized aren't seen as less than for it the way women are, they have the privilege of being able to be both clothed and unclothed and still sexy, and still respectable. women are treated as if theyre misbehaving when they are scantily clad, or nude, or sexual, and even more so for women of color (not that im using race to disprove your ideals on feminism). so i think that's where this battle is coming from, with people like madonna and others who still want to be sexual. its not really that i think a lot of neo-feminists feel a NEED to be sexual, cuz that makes it seem like theyre going above and beyond a certain necessary status quo, its that these women want to not be seen as less than, mentally unstable (miley cyrus) or trashy (rihanna) or desperate (madonna) for doing so. 

Even when men are unclothed, they're still more dignified, however. The most they'll do is take their top off live in concert if they're a singer (but even that can have a valid reason - it's warm at these gigs and a lot of them who do remove their top are sweating). Females, on the other hand, dress in tight, short, low-cut outfits, some even showing exactly what kind of wax they've had, do raunchy dancing and some even give lapdances on their tours to audience members. In film, it's even more unfair. A bare behind is the most nudity you'll see from a man onscreen and sex scenes are always orchestrated so that you don't see his genitals. Females, on the other hand, will be shown completely bare breasted in sex scenes and in the occasional movie, she may even show genitals (it's common for her career to end after she does this). The outrage at the unfairness of it all is usually reserved for the after effects of it all - the name calling and the career ending. But there's no outrage for why she felt the need to do this in the first place. Why aren't males under the same pressure to do these things too? Why does a woman feel like she must be overtly sexual for success whereas men don't have to be? That's where the big problem really is. The key to not being seen as unstable, trashy or desperate is to be sexual in a more respectable way, like men do. The weird thing is, some women say when they're being overtly sexual: "I'm just expressing myself the way men do!" But men don't parade around in their underwear to be sexually empowered! This is a lie women have been fed and no one challenges it!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloth

Hahaha, hilarious, 15 pages full of proof that Madonna pushed your buttons once again. Not to mention the media coverage she got. What an irrelevant has been she truly is. 

:hor:

PopBitch
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Even when men are unclothed, they're still more dignified, however. The most they'll do is take their top off live in concert if they're a singer (but even that can have a valid reason - it's warm at these gigs and a lot of them who do remove their top are sweating). Females, on the other hand, dress in tight, short, low-cut outfits, some even showing exactly what kind of wax they've had, do raunchy dancing and some even give lapdances on their tours to audience members. In film, it's even more unfair. A bare behind is the most nudity you'll see from a man onscreen and sex scenes are always orchestrated so that you don't see his genitals. Females, on the other hand, will be shown completely bare breasted in sex scenes and in the occasional movie, she may even show genitals (it's common for her career to end after she does this). The outrage at the unfairness of it all is usually reserved for the after effects of it all - the name calling and the career ending. But there's no outrage for why she felt the need to do this in the first place. Why aren't males under the same pressure to do these things too? Why does a woman feel like she must be overtly sexual for success whereas men don't have to be? That's where the big problem really is. The key to not being seen as unstable, trashy or desperate is to be sexual in a more respectable way, like men do. The weird thing is, some women say when they're being overtly sexual: "I'm just expressing myself the way men do!" But men don't parade around in their underwear to be sexually empowered! This is a lie women have been fed and no one challenges it!

Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode in his 50s is still stripping his top off on stage and grabbing his crotch at least once during the show, but off stage he dresses with style, not trashy,  There's no reason to take his shirt off.  It's just his shtick, his stage persona, and he's still rocking it.

tumblr_mtsututpj61sjn3xto3_500.jpg

f14d600081f36105e660e4bbbf83af99.jpg

Hexxx

There's nothing wrong with showing a nipple but when Madonna does it, y'all get upset. I remember clearly during the MDNA tour. Everyone is all #FreeTheNipple but y'all attacked Madonna for it.

Gaga is allowed to do whatever she wants but when Madonna does it, it's a crime. 

you guys contradict yourselves so much it's a shame.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Gagaloth

I know it's extremely silly and childish but I started to 'ew' or 'gross' at the likes of George Clooney or Johnny Depp with their young wifes or girls friends and basically any 50+ male that is supposed to be a sex symbol. Just to piss of my friends who always annoy me about Madonna's 'antics'. I just do the same stupid thing with mature men. Funny enough there is always a reaction because it's so unexpected and most men can't handle it. :emma:

androiduser
8 hours ago, Gagaloth said:

I know it's extremely silly and childish but I started to 'ew' or 'gross' at the likes of George Clooney or Johnny Depp with their young wifes or girls friends and basically any 50+ male that is supposed to be a sex symbol. Just to piss of my friends who always annoy me about Madonna's 'antics'. I just do the same stupid thing with mature men. Funny enough there is always a reaction because it's so unexpected and most men can't handle it. :emma:

Amal Clooney is 38 yrs old and she is an accomplished lawyer who has worked on some of the most prolific cases in recent history. She's hardly a 20 year old dancer like Madonna's toys.

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, Gagaloth said:

You can still do the same thing but be against both genders doing it. I'm equally critical when a man has a girlfriend young enough to be his daughter, the same way I'm critical of women and their toyboys. And I also don't think a lot of these supposed "fine wine" male hearthrobs are all that, in the same way I don't think all female celebrities have aged well. You don't have to be doing it just to annoy people. I treat everyone the same and if I'm criticising a woman for something, I'll criticise a man just the same. You act as if such a stance is impossible. And hold on a minute - if you say this about men but not women, isn't it not a double standard? That you're supposedly so against? Even if it is just for fun?

Gagaloth
34 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You can still do the same thing but be against both genders doing it. I'm equally critical when a man has a girlfriend young enough to be his daughter, the same way I'm critical of women and their toyboys. And I also don't think a lot of these supposed "fine wine" male hearthrobs are all that, in the same way I don't think all female celebrities have aged well. You don't have to be doing it just to annoy people. I treat everyone the same and if I'm criticising a woman for something, I'll criticise a man just the same. You act as if such a stance is impossible. And hold on a minute - if you say this about men but not women, isn't it not a double standard? That you're supposedly so against? Even if it is just for fun?

No, there is no double standard, because I'm not being serious. I don't care what these men do or who they date, they are perfectly fine. I just call them out to get an reaction from those who always come for older women, to start a discussion or just to go 'oh really???' I'm just trying to mirror them, it's not like I'm sitting alone in my room and gross out about mature men for a hobby. I only do it when there is a situation, when I'm with certain people and I want them to just hear what it sounds like to say something like this about a man. because usually nobody does it and rightly so, but you hear it so often about women and nobody cares.

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Gagaloth said:

No, there is no double standard, because I'm not being serious. I don't care what these men do or who they date, they are perfectly fine. I just call them out to get an reaction from those who always come for older women, to start a discussion or just to go 'oh really???' I'm just trying to mirror them, it's not like I'm sitting alone in my room and gross out about mature men for a hobby. I only do it when there is a situation, when I'm with certain people and I want them to just hear what it sounds like to say something like this about a man. because usually nobody does it and rightly so, but you hear it so often about women and nobody cares.

But don't you ever find it odd how men are allowed to get criticised based on his choices in life without comment but the minute a woman gets criticised, it's a case of "don't pick on a woman" and "sexist misogynist"? Because if there's one thing that annoys me about modern feminism, it's how women are raised up to be perfect goddesses that are never in the wrong, but men should rightfully expect criticism. Even as a feminist I know that supporting all women and never critiquing women's choices will get us nowhere. If you do something good, you get praised. If you do something bad, you get criticised. That's the way it should work for both genders. Just because someone criticises a woman doesn't mean they're sexist, ageist or any other "ists," just that they saw a valid thing to criticise. Blaming it on unfounded reasons is primarily the cause for why feminists are seen as whiners who want to be treated better than everyone else. If anything, I challenge anyone who seems to think it's ok for a woman to hit a man or say horrible stuff about men or sexually harass men. And let me tell you, you could hear a pin drop after I make that challenge. Women get praised for certain things that a man would be dragged for. And being overtly sexual in public is one of them.

LUO YI
On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 5:46 PM, JackTheTripper said:

She posts pictures of those really important historic people, who sufered a great deal and were devoted to greater cause , with her album logo, and called their accomplishment as her new album titel- and that is a marketing campaign, sorry,  that was tastless in my opinion, dont take it personally if you are a fan, i was indiferent about lots of Madonna related thing, but that move and now this post, is something that sends a wrong message 

Promo? Lol she doesn't need promo for RH. It was predestined to flop harder than Nicki's career

The night sky tells all

Ferrer Zorola
On 8 de mayo de 2016 at 1:00 AM, Psychedelic said:

I'm honestly in the middle of this war right now. On one hand I understand Madonna isn't actually doing much for feminism or sexicism these days like she did back then. She seems to be pulling out these cards just to remain relevant through controversy, and it's not that it is a bad thing. She can do whatever she likes, but it doesn't mean everyone has to like her or deal with it and accept it.

I like the way she looked in the Met Gala, but I could understand some people didn't, in some pics her outfit didn't look very flattering and it is true it was a little too much over the top. It might have been offensive to the eye of some, and has nothing to do with feminism, if a guy came with a similar outfit, he'd be clacked the same way. Nor does it have to do with ageism, someone younger would've been criticized too!

What I cannot understand is how come people who stan for an artist such as Lady Gaga can be so detracting about madonna in these matters? I'm pretty sure Gaga will be doing crazier stuff at that age. Gaga gets so criticized out there for being otrageous and they believe she does just to get attention and there isn't any message behind. We love to defend her, but when it comes to Madonna, we get double standars in here.

And it is always from the same people. Well,  do appreciate those of you who blatantly accept they dislike or even hate Madonna, you're entitled to and your opinions are accepted. But just try not to fall for these double-standars here.

And honestly what's wrong with that person always low-profile hating on Madge? Get a nerve and admit it, or better yet, get a life. Something like "If this was Gaga it'd be ok, but it's Madonna and I hate her, so it's bad bad bad" would be much more appreciated than all that hypocrisy.

Makes me appreciate people like @Bitter @AgusPop @FameHookah or @Ferrer Zorola

Now, Madonna may not be pushing the envelope much now, but she did it woderfully back in the day. And the way she paved the way for other people, including the girl this site is devoted to, should be a little respected!

12814647_1256652071015977_55870118868104

I don't remember posting in this thread :emma: 

I like your post, it's not biased BUT you have to accept that everyone has double standards... even Madge :emma: 
first she's like "rip apart this copycat hag, make fun of her, Lady who?, she's not me, look at my tour backdrops! imitation is the best form of flattery" and then she's all "it was fun and games, people turned it into a stupid feud..., I'm a feminist, don't be hateful, love each other"

Spoiler

:emma:

LIFE IS GOOD

LUO YI

OmG this thread is a hot mess :emma:

The night sky tells all

Ciccone Madonna
2 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I don't remember posting in this thread :emma: 

I like your post, it's not biased BUT you have to accept that everyone has double standards... even Madge :emma: 
first she's like "rip apart this copycat hag, make fun of her, Lady who?, she's not me, look at my tour backdrops! imitation is the best form of flattery" and then she's all "it was fun and games, people turned it into a stupid feud..., I'm a feminist, don't be hateful, love each other"

Hide contents

:emma:

First, she has mashed up many songs from other artists in the past like Here comes the Rain and Rain in 2008. The backdrop is just about people consuming pop music antics. the word reductive was about born this way the song, not gagas art. And the phrase shes not me is not a bad thing, but a statement she is someone else not me.

LUO YI
4 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

First, she has mashed up many songs from other artists in the past like Here comes the Rain and Rain in 2008. The backdrop is just about people consuming pop music antics. the word reductive was about born this way the song, not gagas art. And the phrase shes not me is not a bad thing, but a statement she is someone else not me.

Is She's Not Me about someone? :emma: Was Gaga the biggest at the time?

The night sky tells all

Ciccone Madonna
3 minutes ago, Prince Bananas said:

Is She's Not Me about someone? :emma: Was Gaga the biggest at the time?

the song was recorded and released before Gagas debut. It was about Guy Ritchie s other woman at the time.

Archived