Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is a bigger Superstar? Gaga or Beyonce?

monstereo

Who is the bigger Superstar?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger Superstar?

• Lady Gaga
    • Beyonce

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Didymus said:

Bey. She managed to endlessly captivate her audiences for nearly two decades, tour success is growing, critical acclaim is growing, still an unparallelled ****ing monster on stage,... I mean, just imagine Bey and Gaga walking next to each other on the street. Who would you be most starstruck by?

Gaga lol

Beyoncé is a bring human being off-stage. Gaga is deluxe and delightful 24/7.

also, even commercially, Beyoncé is bigger only in the US.

worldwide people don't overrate artists as much and she's not even thought of as a great vocalist. try Christina or Mariah or, you know, any great vocalist. she's not even considered that great of a dancer when you have dancers like Shakira and the memory of J. Lo and Britney killing it with more than just thighs.

globally, Rihanna is the most popular popstar and Gaga is the one that most feels like a superstar.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, JDi said:

Beyoncé is bigger only in the US.

Not true. She's selling out stadiums everywhere in what will be her highest-grossing tour ever. 90.000 tickets sold within 30 minutes for a show at London's Wembley Stadium. Let that sink in. Touring power is the best way to measure an artist's success rate. It's easy to download a single, but will you pay good money to see them in person?

Compare Bey's dates to Rihanna's and Gaga's and there you have it (in reference to the rest of your post which I'll get to now).

3 minutes ago, JDi said:

she's not even thought of as a great vocalist. try Christina or Mariah or, you know, any great vocalist. she's not even considered that great of a dancer when you have dancers like Shakira and the memory of J. Lo and Britney killing it with more than just thighs.

That's crazy and you know it.

5 minutes ago, JDi said:

globally, Rihanna is the most popular popstar and Gaga is the one that most feels like a superstar.

Well, if that's your opinion then that's great, but firstly, that's off-topic since it's about who's the biggest superstar among Beyoncé and Gaga and secondly, you're gonna have to use actual arguments in favor of Gaga instead of dragging down Beyoncé as if that magically proves Gaga is the bigger superstar.

LebaneseDude

No surprise Beyonce is getting a lot of praise here. Gay men are naturally drawn towards powerful fierce black divas.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Shaney
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

Don't even gurl :chica:

vs.

:unicorn:

Gaga is so cute. Her dancing can be really good if she tried. 

19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Not true. She's selling out stadiums everywhere in what will be her highest-grossing tour ever. 90.000 tickets sold within 30 minutes for a show at London's Wembley Stadium. Let that sink in. Touring power is the best way to measure an artist's success rate. It's easy to download a single, but will you pay good money to see them in person?

Compare Bey's dates to Rihanna's and Gaga's and there you have it (in reference to the rest of your post which I'll get to now).

she still hasn't had a higher grossing or more attended tour than Gaga and Madonna. her tickets are more expensive. the countries she visits are way less. the rest of my answer to how she sells can be considered racist.

That's crazy and you know it.

that's true and you know it. people outside the US generally associate her with Crazy In Love and Single Ladies and thigh-shakes.

Well, if that's your opinion then that's great, but firstly, that's off-topic since it's about who's the biggest superstar among Beyoncé and Gaga and secondly, you're gonna have to use actual arguments in favor of Gaga instead of dragging down Beyoncé as if that magically proves Gaga is the bigger superstar.

it's not my opinion. it's true. Rihanna is everyone's "bae". and I'm not off-topic because I said Gaga feels the most like a superstar. she's got the quality and feels like a 20th century superstar. she's the exception.

and what were your arguments, again? 90k tickets sold where Gaga sold 110k?

Didymus
18 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

No surprise Beyonce is getting a lot of praise here. Gay men are naturally drawn towards powerful fierce black divas.

You must never have seen a Beyoncé thread here before. Until Lemonade's release, the quality of which is universally perceived (unless you believe only gay men were hired to review her work ever since 2013, since, as you undoubtedly know, her albums have never been received well until her self-titled one), everyone here was bashing her for being an uncreative, overrated "singer" who, ironically, tries to be "too white" all the time (there goes your theory).

And surely the people saying those things aren't gone, so exactly who are you talking about and why? Can't you bring yourself to actually answering the question with good arguments instead of lazily implying all the praise and success Beyoncé has received is either invalid or dishonest or both? Poor thing. And then you have to throw her skin color in there too as if that means anything. Haven't you ever heard of Whitney Houston? Tina Turner? Aretha Franklin? Dionne Warwick? Surely those were only praised because some gays were "naturally" drawn towards them.

Dumbest post I've read in a while. For someone who deems himself so intellectually capable, this is all you got? Embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

You must never have seen a Beyoncé thread here before. Until Lemonade's release, the quality of which is universally perceived (unless you believe only gay men were hired to review her work ever since 2013, since, as you undoubtedly know, her albums have never been received well until her self-titled one), everyone here was bashing her for being an uncreative, overrated "singer" who, ironically, tries to be "too white" all the time (there goes your theory).

And surely the people saying those things aren't gone, so exactly who are you talking about and why? Can't you bring yourself to actually answering to the question with good arguments instead of lazily implying all the praise and success Beyoncé has received is either invalid or dishonest or both? Poor thing. And then you have to throw her skin color in there too as if that means anything. Haven't you ever heard of Whitney Houston? Tina Turner? Aretha Franklin? Dionne Warwick? Surely those were only praised because some gays were "naturally" drawn towards them.

Dumbest post I've read in a while. For someone who deems himself so intellectually capable, this is all you got? Embarrassing.

why is she so special to you tho?

she's a product. and not a very imaginative one. she's very much not special at all. you know, the kind of person you can picture crying themselves to sleep over it.

LebaneseDude
20 minutes ago, Didymus said:

And surely the people saying those things aren't gone, so exactly who are you talking about and why? Can't you bring yourself to actually answering the question with good arguments instead of lazily implying all the praise and success Beyoncé has received is either invalid or dishonest or both? Poor thing. And then you have to throw her skin color in there too as if that means anything. Haven't you ever heard of Whitney Houston? Tina Turner? Aretha Franklin? Dionne Warwick? Surely those were only praised because some gays were "naturally" drawn towards them.

I didn't even talk about her credentials. I didn't even mention anything about Gaga or the comparison. :rip:

I was simply making the observation that gay men are drawn towards powerful fierce black divas. This is partly due to our common feeling of disenfranchisement. Gay culture and black culture are very intertwined. Is it an insult to say that Beyonce is a powerful fierce diva now? 

And what's with the attitude? I didn't even quote anyone or address anyone's posts to make an argument. I don't care for who is the bigger superstar. If you have some issues with me don't project your own assumptions into my post. 

LebaneseDude
13 minutes ago, JDi said:

why is she so special to you tho?

she's a product. and not a very imaginative one. she's very much not special at all. you know, the kind of person you can picture crying themselves to sleep over it.

Does it matter? Liking an artist is subjective. There is no point questioning it.

Amy from Evanescence is special to me because her songs were like a catharsis for all the pain I felt growing up as a closeted gay kid, among other things. It doesn't mean Amy is the best singer or anything.

We all have our reasons. Beyonce is a powerful fierce black woman and many gay men appreciate that aspect of her. She's unapologetic and strong. It has its appeal. 

I personally like her because of Destiny's Child lol... I still listen to their songs to this day far more than her singles. I don't care if she's a product. She's a good one and she's there for entertainment. She's entertaining, so she's successful. Do you disagree?

1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

Does it matter? Liking an artist is subjective. There is no point questioning it.

Amy from Evanescence is special to me because her songs were like a catharsis for all the pain I felt growing up as a closeted gay kid, among other things. It doesn't mean Amy is the best singer or anything.

We all have our reasons. Beyonce is a powerful fierce black woman and many gay men appreciate that aspect of her. She's unapologetic and strong. It has its appeal. 

I personally like her because of Destiny's Child lol... I still listen to their songs to this day far more than her singles.

it would be cool if they also came to terms with it and stopped deeming everyone who doesn't appreciate her for what's not there "pressed" over her success.

LebaneseDude
2 minutes ago, JDi said:

it would be cool if they also came to terms with it and stopped deeming everyone who doesn't appreciate her for what's not there "pressed" over her success.

This is stan culture. What do you expect?

LebaneseDude
2 minutes ago, JDi said:

just culture.

I'm not vindicating anyone though.

There are many people who are pressed about Beyonce because of stan culture as well.

The only people who truly aren't are the ones could give a rat's ass about stan culture in general and can actually enjoy any piece of music as long as it's good.

1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

I'm not vindicating anyone though.

There are many people who are pressed about Beyonce because of stan culture as well.

The only people who truly aren't are the ones could give a rat's ass about stan culture in general and can actually enjoy any piece of music as long as it's good.

well that's me but when "4" which was her most artistic and authentic album is less acclaimed than the last two only because she "slayed" visually and incorporated feminist themes that don't even make sense and the trick worked I kind of wish people would open their eyes a little bit more and stop kissing her ass so blindly. 

it's not just "stan" culture. everyone's up her rich ass now.

Archived