💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé's LEMONADE: 94/100 on Metacritic

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

AddMeOnMYSPACE

Thats great! I haven't listen to the album yet, so I'm really excited! :woot:

Also, :rip: at the bitter Little monsters! 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kayla
Just now, Regiment said:

Um and why are you assuming that people ( or me) are reffering to ARTPOP? Strange how you jump to conclusions so fast

Don't even. You brought up the 61 metacritic score and your opinion about a lack of cohesiveness (which is an AP criticism I agree with) so it's pretty clear you were referring to ARTPOP. Strange how you act like I'm new here or something. :stalkga: 

If you wanna have the balls to be shady, have the balls to own up to what you were referring to when someone points it out.

Lastly, skeleton.gun and TheBatman were also starting to bring up ARTPOP in their comments so when I made the post you just quoted I was more referring to them, so I'm not "assuming" people are referring to ARTPOP because those two users very directly were talking about ARTPOP in their posts. 

barnabesk

I wouldn't consider myself a Beyoncé fan, but she really impressed me with her latest effort. 

Visuals and music are great, I have never seen something like this before. She deserves all the praise she currently earns!

Regiment
2 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Don't even. You brought up the 61 metacritic score and your opinion about a lack of cohesiveness (which is an AP criticism I agree with) so it's pretty clear you were referring to ARTPOP. Strange how you act like I'm new here or something. :stalkga: 

If you wanna have the balls to be shady, have the balls to own up to what you were referring to when someone points it out.

Lastly, skeleton.gun and TheBatman were also starting to bring up ARTPOP in their comments so when I made the post you just quoted I was more referring to them, so I'm not "assuming" people are referring to ARTPOP because those two users very directly were talking about ARTPOP in their posts. 

Once again sis you are ASSUMING things.,Maybe I picked that random number and made a generalization. ARTPOP is not the only one with a score of 61 so don't even.

dgLOtru.png

24 minutes ago, LG said:

Multiple songs in the album has more than 10 writers on the track, which is a shame. But I do love what I saw from the short film, looks like she's here to put everyone back in their place.

That is a lie tho. The song that has the most writers is Hold Up with 8.

Pray You Catch Me (3 writers), Hold Up (8 writers), Don't Hurt Yourself (3 writers), Sorry (3 writers), 6-inch (7 writers), Daddy Lessons (4 writers), Love Drought (3 writers), Sandcastles (4 writers), Forward (2 writers), Freedom (5 writers), All Night (7 writers), Formation (4 writers).

The rest of the writers you see credited are the people who wrote the samples used in the songs. 

Kayla
Just now, Regiment said:

Once again sis you are ASSUMING things.,Maybe I picked that random number and made a generalization. ARTPOP is not the only one with a score of 61 so don't even.

dgLOtru.png

What a coincidence that your random number was related to ARTPOP's metacritic score and the generalization about an album lacking cohesion is a criticism often used on ARTPOP, and what an extra coincidence it is that we are also on a Gaga forum and you also previously have spoken negatively about ARTPOP.

But please, keep trying to pretend you were referring to "Victorious" by Wolfmother. 

anyways, I'm getting off topic now. The thread is about Beyonce's metacritic score, not about a collection of very odd coincidences surrounding your posts that most certainly were potentially not about ARTPOP in any way. :sis:

-

Regarding the topic, the number will probably go down but I think it'll still stay pretty high. She tends to do very well and I would argue this album is already starting off being received better than other things she's put out. High, very high, 80s is what I'm predicting for the final score....

Harry

LMAO at the FUMES. "she's overrated" "she bought it". Pleaaaaase. You guys are literally no worse than the people who claimed Gaga bought her Billboard award. Accept that something you don't like is well received and then move on with your lives.

Besides there's only 8 reviews up so far... It will go down just like with every album...

24 minutes ago, LG said:

Multiple songs in the album has more than 10 writers on the track, which is a shame. But I do love what I saw from the short film, looks like she's here to put everyone back in their place.

A lot of the writing credits come from samples and interpolations though. On 6 Inch there are like 7 or 8 people with credits just for samples. There's still quite a lot of writers in general even when you take the samples away, but imo it doesn't matter. No credit is weighted more than another - someone can just add one line or even a word and they get their name on there. Even some songs from ARTPOP have like 5/6 "writers" (Applause has 8) but we know that most of it came from one person.

Long story short I think people put too much thought into writing credits and the like

Kayla
8 minutes ago, Bio said:

Pray You Catch Me (3 writers), Hold Up (8 writers), Don't Hurt Yourself (3 writers), Sorry (3 writers), 6-inch (7 writers), Daddy Lessons (4 writers), Love Drought (3 writers), Sandcastles (4 writers), Forward (2 writers), Freedom (5 writers), All Night (7 writers), Formation (4 writers).

The rest of the writers you see credited are the people who wrote the samples used in the songs. 

Dig it. Thanks for the additional info. :hug: This is much better! I often forget that samples are also listed as writers. 

Harry
9 minutes ago, Bio said:

oh damn u beat me

ryanripley

it's only just come out, it'll drop over time like with movies on IMDB

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

crisTEAne
12 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

ARTPOP complex? Abstract? She had basically nothing to say on this entire album, and the worst sin of all it sounded cheap. The lyrics and "ideas" were not interesting, and any social commentary you are trying to squeeze out of it is absolute delusion. Please, enlighten me to this ARTPOPian ideal you speak of. I thought it could mean "anything." 

you're a newbie, maybe you were not here during the era and didn't experience its impact and its aftermath. there were countless threads made on a daily basis, either standing by or shitting on AP. you can look it up, including my posts. i also suggest that you watch all of gaga's interviews from the era and read up on warhol, popart, performance art, marina abramovic, jeff koons, and bob wilson. saying that she had nothing to say (every song is an adrenaline bomb, her pain exploding into electronic colors) and that the album lacks any form of social commentary (what about rape culture, celebrity perception, or gender roles?) is ignorant. it seems that you already made up your mind, so it's not my fault that you're not open to explore the interpretive depths of the album. disagreeing is one thing, but saying that it's delusional is, as i said, ignorant, negative, and not at all constructive.

@Kayla, sorry, but the member was specifically referring to gaga ("your fave") and her inability of releasing a coherent/cohesive album. i just stated my opinion.

OT: lemonade is a nice concept album, but i think the score is a bit high. i really enjoyed the visual film and its poetry.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Regiment
Just now, Kayla said:

What a coincidence that your random number was related to ARTPOP's metacritic score and the generalization about an album lacking cohesion is a criticism often used on ARTPOP, and what an extra coincidence it is that we are also on a Gaga forum and you also previously have spoken negatively about ARTPOP.

But please, keep trying to pretend you were referring to "Victorious" by Wolfmother. 

anyways, I'm getting off topic now. The thread is about Beyonce's metacritic score, not about a collection of very odd coincidences surrounding your posts that most certainly were potentially not about ARTPOP in any way. :sis:

-

Regarding the topic, the number will probably go down but I think it'll still stay pretty high. She tends to do very well and I would argue this album is already starting off being received better than other things she's put out. High, very high, 80s is what I'm predicting for the final score....

The word of the day is ASSUMPTIONS. But keep on harping on my vague posts and choose whatever meaning you want. I'm done as well.

Kayla
1 minute ago, skeleton.gun said:

you're a newbie, maybe you were not here during the era and didn't experience its impact and its aftermath. there were countless threads made on a daily basis, either standing by or shitting on AP. you can look it up, including my posts. i also suggest that you watch all of gaga's interviews from the era and read up on warhol, popart, performance art, marina abramovic, jeff koons, and bob wilson. saying that she had nothing to say (every song is an adrenaline bomb, her pain exploding into electronic colors) and that the album lacks any form of social commentary (what about rape culture, celebrity perception, or gender roles?) is ignorant. it seems that you already made up your mind, so it's not my fault that you're not open to explore the interpretive depths of the album. disagreeing is one thing, but saying that it's delusional is, as i said, ignorant, negative, and not at all constructive.

@Kayla, sorry, but the member was specifically referring to gaga ("your fave") and her inability of releasing a coherent/cohesive album. i just stated my opinion.

OT: lemonade is a nice concept album, but i think the score is a bit high. i really enjoyed the visual film and its poetry.

:grr:

(most recent thread I could find analyzing ARTPOP)

Harry
6 minutes ago, skeleton.gun said:

Do you think ARTPOP deserves a higher score than Lemonade?

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Do you think ARTPOP deserves a higher score than Lemonade?

i'm biased, so it wouldn't be fair to compare the two. :giveup:

but, as i just said, i really enjoyed the visual film; i even looked up warsan shire. i think it's beyonce's best effort since sasha fierce. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived