Beyoncé's LEMONADE: 94/100 on Metacritic

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kayla
1 minute ago, LG said:

Multiple songs in the album has more than 10 writers on the track, which is a shame. But I do love what I saw from the short film, looks like she's here to put everyone back in their place.

Agreed. Beyonce knows how to work with a team to turn out something great, that's for sure. I would say she's more involved than say, Rihanna, but not as much as Gaga. And that's part of where my suspicions of her integrity comes into play- a lot of what she does seems more like a smart business moves than an undeniable expression of herself. That, to me, puts her more on level with Taylor Swift, but I appreciate that Beyonce does incorporate really "Real" aspects about herself and background that puts it juuuuust enough into that "artist" territory that I'm left confused about how I feel about her. :lolga:

nobody3089

Guys stop being a bunch of fuccckkiing haters!!! I listened to the album and it's trulyamazing. It's definetly better than BEYONCÉ.

and the message is something that was desperately needed in pop culture 

venusfly
3 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Agreed. Beyonce knows how to work with a team to turn out something great, that's for sure. I would say she's more involved than say, Rihanna, but not as much as Gaga. And that's part of where my suspicions of her integrity comes into play- a lot of what she does seems more like a smart business moves than an undeniable expression of herself. That, to me, puts her more on level with Taylor Swift, but I appreciate that Beyonce does incorporate really "Real" aspects about herself and background that puts it juuuuust enough into that "artist" territory that I'm left confused about how I feel about her. :lolga:

I think it would be cool if Beyonce found 1 or 2 writers and helped them through the direction of her music and made an album together. You don't have to be able to write songs to be a singer but at least take creative control over it. I think 10+ writers is still a little uninvolved on the artist's part. But i cant argue with the results :huh:

TheBatman
12 minutes ago, skeleton.gun said:

if you're implying that ARTPOP was not a cohesive album, i beg to differ. gaga's discography consists of concepts albums. yes, the concepts around which TF, TFM, BTW, and lemonade are structured are easier to grasp compared to AP. the latter is a complex socio-cultural concept and, as its booklet states, a form of philosophy. fame, fears, and betrayal are ideas that the casual listeners understand instantly, whereas the ARTPOPian ideal is too abstract for the GP. at least, it seems that way; however, i doesn't mean that AP lacks thematic/conceptual coherence. 

ARTPOP complex? Abstract? She had basically nothing to say on this entire album, and the worst sin of all it sounded cheap. The lyrics and "ideas" were not interesting, and any social commentary you are trying to squeeze out of it is absolute delusion. Please, enlighten me to this ARTPOPian ideal you speak of. I thought it could mean "anything." 

Regiment
12 hours ago, skeleton.gun said:

if you're implying that ARTPOP was not a cohesive album, i beg to differ. gaga's discography consists of concepts albums. yes, the concepts around which TF, TFM, BTW, and lemonade are structured are easier to grasp compared to AP. the latter is a complex socio-cultural concept and, as its booklet states, a form of philosophy. fame, fears, and betrayal are ideas that the casual listeners understand instantly, whereas the ARTPOPian ideal is too abstract for the GP. at least, it seems that way; however, i doesn't mean that AP lacks thematic/conceptual coherence. 

the ARTPOPian ideal: seashell bikinis and tans in taipei

Brolysskins

Lol ok mama, y'all need to chill with her. It ain't that amazing. Like its cool and nice and very nice and cool

album, but... It's not that great lol

Levine

Ahahahaha ridiculous!

But that's the game right now, she is in the position in which even an album full of FARTS gets a +85 on MetaShit. As opposite, Gaga will never see a +70 with the next album because they are still biased. 

Way too high in my own view relative to other albums scores, but it is definitely a great album that deserves a good score. 

JusKeepBreathin

I'm glad my faves are slaying this year Beyonce, Rihanna and pretty soon Ariana and Gaga. :gaycat: 

Slay Goddesses, Queens and Princesses of music. 

giphy.gif

tumblr_o0gqnfzIRy1qa7k60o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n2icvw6AZl1s1mjqgo1_500.gif

tumblr_mvo2a2D06V1rrori1o1_500.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Regiment
6 minutes ago, Kayla said:

This thread is not about ARTPOP at all. Keep it on topic. 

Um and why are you assuming that people ( or me) are reffering to ARTPOP? Strange how you jump to conclusions so fast

bayonse
1 hour ago, i medici said:

Her label probably bought that 

just like gaga bought her golden globe 

no more parties in LA

Archived