💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce Is Too Predictable

Quark

Featured Posts

Please let her go back to pop already! I'm here for the next I Am... Sasha Fierce. Gives us the nice songs from that album and not this crappy new music. Like Formation is barely even a song imo. :toofunny:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusian
On April 22, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Enigma said:

To me its sounding just like the music on her previous album.

you obviously didnt listen to self titled then.

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

StrawberryBlond

I agree, she is very predictable, particularly when it comes to her fashion and choreography. Even as a feminist, I think she milks the feminist idea far too much on every album and it's getting old now. It's amazing how after all this time, she doesn't seem all that educated on it. I don't think I've ever heard a song from her that made me think: "Wow, that was really unusual or different or something I've never heard before" and I've listened to all her albums. Not that that makes her work not good, just that you know what to expect from it and it's never challenging. I understand why she doesn't want to tamper with a winning system but it makes me wonder why so many people keep buying into it. Typically, when an artist gives the public the same style over and over, they eventually lose their fanbase as there's nothing challenging to keep them coming back. I don't know how Beyonce's got away with giving us the same stuff for 13 years (and even more if you count her DC work) and has kept her sales decent.

And as far as the surprise album release goes, that's going to have to stop. Knowing that it's going to be a surprise means it's not a surprise. If she keeps this up, it'll be more shocking to release an album traditionally after a while. Keeping up this charade every time is going to get so boring. And she also needs to stop announcing tours before albums. If no album comes up before the tour, her fans are going to be outraged as they've been duped again - just another greatest hits compilation with new dates added later to support the album released at the halfway point. That's a ridiculous way to tour and just milks your fans by tricking them. If she keeps that up, people will stop buying tickets until they know what they're getting for that money.

9 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

When it comes to feminism & pro-black songs she should do them again & again & again cause we need people like her to actually talk about issues like these.

Only thing is, she needs to be more educated on feminism before she makes songs about it and pro-black songs are fine as long as they're intelligent, insightful and don't involve the artist's ego. These issues need to be brought up but by people who actually know what they're talking about, not popstars just jumping on a popular trend. This is what leads to misunderstandings concerning the true meanings behind these causes. For years, I've partly blamed Beyonce for instilling in young girls the idea that acting sassy and looking hot is the sole focus of feminism.

Harry

How is potentially releasing one album in a similar fashion to her (exciting) previous album too predictable when virtually every other artist releases their albums with the exact same formula?

And as of right now all of her albums have been vastly different from one another imo. Not to mention she's probably dabbled in more styles and genres than most girls out right now.

StrawberryBlond
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

How is potentially releasing one album in a similar fashion to her (exciting) previous album too predictable when virtually every other artist releases their albums with the exact same formula?

And as of right now all of her albums have been vastly different from one another imo. Not to mention she's probably dabbled in more styles and genres than most girls out right now.

By exciting, do you mean the album or the way it was released? The first surprise was genuinely surprising as she'd never done it. But it's something you can only do once in your career. Suggest that you're going to repeat it and it's no longer a surprise because everyone's waiting day after day for a surprise that might come which is completely different to the last time. And yes, more artists are releasing albums suddenly but like I said, that's not surprising either because now one artist has done it, everyone else is just a bandwagoner. Every day I wake up wondering if I'm going to hear another album surprise from someone. That's the definition of predictability.

I don't think her albums are vastly different. Her debut was very similar to DC's work only solo and was distinctly RnB/soul for the most part. B'Day was definitely more pop focused. Sasha Fierce, again, was very pop focused, probably her most pop-focused to date. 4 was a hark back to an retro style, more like her debut. And self titled was very RnB focused again. She's always straddled pop and urban and has never done another genre or added her own twist to any of these styles and she only features people who are relevant at the time. Every Beyonce album has her distinctive, trademark sassy uptempo songs and massive ballads with nothing in between. If this new album is a lot more experimental, as has been rumoured, it'll be interesting but we'll just have to wait and see.

Harry
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

By exciting, do you mean the album or the way it was released? The first surprise was genuinely surprising as she'd never done it. But it's something you can only do once in your career. Suggest that you're going to repeat it and it's no longer a surprise because everyone's waiting day after day for a surprise that might come which is completely different to the last time. And yes, more artists are releasing albums suddenly but like I said, that's not surprising either because now one artist has done it, everyone else is just a bandwagoner. Every day I wake up wondering if I'm going to hear another album surprise from someone. That's the definition of predictability.

I don't think her albums are vastly different. Her debut was very similar to DC's work only solo and was distinctly RnB/soul for the most part. B'Day was definitely more pop focused. Sasha Fierce, again, was very pop focused, probably her most pop-focused to date. 4 was a hark back to an retro style, more like her debut. And self titled was very RnB focused again. She's always straddled pop and urban and has never done another genre or added her own twist to any of these styles and she only features people who are relevant at the time. Every Beyonce album has her distinctive, trademark sassy uptempo songs and massive ballads with nothing in between. If this new album is a lot more experimental, as has been rumoured, it'll be interesting but we'll just have to wait and see.

good for you

Quark
41 minutes ago, Harry said:

good for you

Funny how you don't say much when your proven wrong.

LaLuna
On 22/4/2016 at 4:43 PM, Son of ARTPOP said:

If only I got a dollar everytime a pressed Monster posted about other artists' success... :neyde:

So tired of that bullsh*t answer to any negative comment about another artist. I was a Beyoncé fan long before Gaga came onto the scene, and I just don't care for her anymore, her rmusic doesn't appeal to me anymore, and I find her personality off-putting. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's more successful than Gaga. So stop with that "you're just pressed and jelly" crap. 

Harry
47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Funny how you don't say much when your proven wrong.

How is that "proven wrong"? Weren't you the one on the first page talking about opinions? My short answer has nothing to do with the conversation of Beyonce, anyway. That user is obsessed with dragging me down wherever she can so I shut down that conversation before it began.

The only predictable part of this is how consistently tragic your threads and arguments are.

Prismatic
1 minute ago, Harry said:

How is that "proven wrong"? Weren't you the one on the first page talking about opinions?

The only predictable part of this is how consistently tragic your threads and arguments are.

If you weren't engage to the other guy *eyesrolled* the things I'd say and do :giveup: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Harry
5 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

If you weren't engage to the other guy *eyesrolled* the things I'd say and do :giveup: 

me$$ :rip: I'm free and single qween, what do you wanna say :gaycat:

Awakened M

How did I know who started this thread before opening? :toofunny:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Prismatic
15 minutes ago, Harry said:

me$$ :rip: I'm free and single qween, what do you wanna say :gaycat:

Might be slightly or very explicit :hor: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Katsuki Bakugo
16 hours ago, Enigma said:

I don't really care about the feminist songs. This doesn't bother me. I am just pointing out how she repeats the same things.

Hardly- seeing that this album isn't even released yet... Calling her out on RnB music is like saying Eminem always releases rap music... 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Archived