đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna The Only Major 80's Icon Left

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

elijahfan
9 minutes ago, PopBitch said:

I agree.  But in actuality Cher wasn't an '80s act, that came onto the scene in the '80s like Cindy Lauper, U2, Depeche Mode, Janet Jackson, etc.  

She came onto the scene in 1965 and was big in the '60s and '70s on.  

Cher was big in virtually every decade since the 60s. And she got the Academy Award in the 80s, so it obviously was a big decade for her, but whatever.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJH219

I recognize a lot of names, but I literally can't name a song by half the people in this thread :toofunny: I never realized how basic I was until know :air: 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

PopBitch

I forgot Springsteen.  I don't really listen to him except some songs, but he is beyond iconic. His passing will be beyond massive.

DiscoHeaven23
9 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

This thread smh lol I understand what you're saying though. These four were monumental and highly influential. Others were around and thriving but these four represent the 80s the most. Lmao people and naming these other artist....

THANK YOU!

PopBitch
2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Then why have I never heard of them besides that marketing ploy?

That's your problem, not mine. 

Gaga sure is a fan.  She showed up on their tour and performed a song with them last year in NYC at Madison Square Garden where they performed eight nights there on tour.

Hexxx

The Madonna dies will he the day I strike a pose and VOGUE in the thot infested streets while wearing a cone bra

I don't even want to think about Madge dying :giveup: 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

glad the best one is still here

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

JusKeepBreathin

I've scanned through nine pages of this thread and no one has said Tina Turner. Tina was huge on the 80's. What's Love Got To Do With It, We Don't Need Another Hero, Private Dancer. 

That's where she made her money after she told the judge, "I'll give up all that other stuff, but only if I get to keep my name. I've worked too hard for it, your honor." 

She had one of the biggest tours of the 80's. In 1987 she made 60 Million off her "Break Every Rule"  tour. ( Even Madonna didn't have a tour make 60 Million until Blonde Ambition in 1990.)  Tina's last tour in 2009 and made over 130 Million. Not bad for an 80's act. She could probably bring in another 70 to 100 Million with another tour. (Let's face it even Gaga is only making 80 Million off her tours these days.) Madonna is bigger, but Tina is definitely one of the biggest acts of the 80's that can still make tons of money. 

tinaturner.jpg

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lord Temptation

What I love about the 80s is that there were so many older acts from the 50s, 60s and 70s having continued success while at the same time so many new artists were hitting the scene. There was something for everyone. Disco, heavy metal, soul, hard and soft rock, punk, jazz, hip hop, house and techno, industrial, gothic, new wave, R&B, new jack swing and of course pop.

RadioIsOurs

People, we should really all start cherishing Madge when we still have her right now. We really wouldn't know when our favs would just get taken away like that so suddenly. Madonna is undeniably a legend, an icon, and you know that.

Fiona Apple
13 hours ago, Boris2 said:

The Cher and Cindy shade :gaycat:

Cher is not from the 80s

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Britney Spears said:

Cher is not from the 80s

She was at her most artistic and iconic during the 1980s.

Roomingfree77
15 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

To me, there are four MAJOR 80's music icons; Michael Jackson, Madonna, Whitney Houston and Prince. With Prince's death today, that means only Madonna is left. These four artists were major pop culture icons changing the status quo of what the music industry was. Together they had 25 lead #1's in the 1980's. Madonna (7), Michael (7), Whitney (7), Prince (4).

(Janet is more 90's to me, most of the Rhythm Nation era was in the early 90's. Cyndi and Bruce really only had one hit album)

It's sad because they all died prematurely. Here's to a long life for Madonna!

Madonna-12.jpg?m=1292971866michael-jackson-the-jacksons-victory-tou369e2b344af1098e1242fd303d4b8c9a.jpgCOW850301-01-CP.jpg

Paula Abdoul... "Giggles just a bit and will the real Debby Harry please stand up, hall and oats curtain call! or the 1st hello Lionel Ritchie and I will even flip the Bon jovi card so..

Fiona Apple
29 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

She was at her most artistic and iconic during the 1980s.

that's a different thing

Ppl really didnt get this thread. Madonna is The last major superstar standing. Superstar as in The Beatles, Elvis, MJ and Madonna. Thats it. Surely there are other huge legenda and stars, but they are not that huge. Ppl need to truly realise and appreciate M and how truly truly huge Star she is. Cher, Springsteen, other rock gods, etc don't come even close to Madonna-MJ lvl. And thats a fact. And what sets them even further from others is their undeniable and huge impact on Entertainment history.

So yeah, absolutely Madonna is The last huge superstar standing and out selling even with albums every other legend. So there shes still going strong. Let's wish her many good years to come!

Archived