💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Remembering the song that ruined Madonna 's career in US.

Ciccone Madonna

Featured Posts

Ciccone Madonna

It was April 2003...

"I feel lucky to be an American citizen for many reasons – one of which is the right to express myself freely, especially in my work. I understand that there have been reports about my upcoming video 'American Life' in the media – much of which is inaccurate. I am not Anti-Bush. I am not pro-Iraq. I am pro peace. I have written a song and created a video which expresses my feelings about our culture and values and the illusions of what many people believe is the American dream – the perfect life. As an artist, I hope that this provokes thought and dialogue. I don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view."

—Madonna talking about the controversy surrounding the music video prior its release.

02:04 *PROTECT ME*

Due to controversy and bullshit media savaging of Madonna a censored version was released and replaced the iconic Akerlund mv

Madonna s next single Hollywood was the first not to chart on Billboard Hot 100 or Bubbling Under since Madonna s Burning Up(1983).  And how did this happened...Yeah, the Madonna radio ban after American Life controversy.....Nothing Fails and Love Profusion had the same fate. Nowhere to be found on Hot 100 and Bubbling Under....interesting you may think.....

KURUSHITOVSKA

Still better than Roar, Work, and some other succesful songs. That's what you get for speaking your mind. She is a genius, even if they can't appreciate her works. Same happened to MIA when she released Born Free, they were all so impacted, but that was nothing but the truth, what's happening in our world.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Katsuki Bakugo

Her point of view and video is actually quite tame to some of the **** that is out there.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Titzlol

omg i never saw this and didnt know Madonna did this ****ing slay girl :air:

PaperIz

Woah! Never seen the original video that was hardcore. Good job madonna. She is controversial but she gets it right a lot of times. :applause: Sad it was censored though 

AJH219

I still wish she'd just kept the original and never made the second video. I think the utter defiance of not producing a more "tame" video would have been an even more powerful statement. But, I totally get why she did. It wasn't a good time for her 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Archived